La Sagna

I did it! I'm a butterfly!
Oct 27, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm gonna say one word: TOXOPLASMOSIS

Shame really...cos i like cats and kinda identify with their independent nature

That is disturbing news. Especially considering that when I was a kid, our cat had a litter and at one point we had 8 cats. I have never not had a cat. And cats are now the #1 pet in the US.

What my husband would say,"This explains...so much." :D

That is disturbing news. Especially considering that when I was a kid, our cat had a litter and at one point we had 8 cats. I have never not had a cat. And cats are now the #1 pet in the US.

What my husband would say,"This explains...so much." :D

I had the same thought as your husband. My ex and I had a debate because I'm a dog person and he's a cat person. I think his whole family is crazy. Then again, I think my stepmom is crazy and she hates cats.

Reactions: Misadventure
I'm gonna say one word: TOXOPLASMOSIS

Shame really...cos i like cats and kinda identify with their independent nature

I guarantee a lot people would be upset at this and many will dismiss it. People tend to be very irrational when it comes to pets.

Yes, I'm one of them. Since you prefer dogs, how would you feel and can you guess what your reaction would be if the tables were turned? Just curious.

Yes, I'm one of them. Since you prefer dogs, how would you feel and can you guess what your reaction would be if the tables were turned? Just curious.

I understand how upsetting that must be. I had a cat for a few years and I really liked it and was upset when it disappeared. I find some cats are nice but a lot of cats have terrible personalities.

I actually had put the article on my Facebook page and took it off because I realized that it would probably be upsetting to my brother. My sister-in-law has serious mental health issues including delusions and her family are huge cat lovers, to the point that I find her mother to be one of those irrational people.

I think it's important to know but I have no doubt that serious cat lovers will risk the health of their children to have cats.

I understand how upsetting that must be. I had a cat for a few years and I really liked it and was upset when it disappeared. I find some cats are nice but a lot of cats have terrible personalities.

I actually had put the article on my Facebook page and took it off because I realized that it would probably be upsetting to my brother. My sister-in-law has serious mental health issues including delusions and her family are huge cat lovers, to the point that I find her mother to be one of those irrational people.

I think it's important to know but I have no doubt that serious cat lovers will risk the health of their children to have cats.

I have no doubt about that either as disturbing it may be. But I was truly curious what your thoughts were and how you think you'd react if it were dogs instead of cats. I really am interested :)

My cat has been trying to kill me since I first met her as a kitten. She thinks I dont know but she doesnt know how aware I am of her actions.

Look... we humans are f'ed. They put fluoride in our water. A proven poison. If we get rid of one thing that is killing us, theres a 100 other things still in place. I counter that the sense of companionship animals bring whether accurate or not is of more positive than the suggestions in the article are negative.
This is what my cat wanted me to say.

Reactions: Scientia and Free
I also wonder when it would be safe to have a cat, if at all? It seems like this is regarding early childhood. I wonder if there is still a link into the teen years?

I have no doubt about that either as disturbing it may be. But I was truly curious what your thoughts were and how you think you'd react if it were dogs instead of cats. I really am interested :)

I don't have a dog now and have no intention of ever having another one. My son has dogs that I can visit. That's the perfect arrangement.

I prefer dogs but I'm not a crazy dog lover either. I loved the dogs that I have had but I also loved my cat. I think I'm rational when it comes to pets. I like them. I would never mistreat them and believe that if you're going to have one you have a responsibility to take care of them properly, but I do believe that children are more important than animals.

I also wonder when it would be safe to have a cat, if at all? It seems like this is regarding early childhood. I wonder if there is still a link into the teen years?

I think the concern is with pregnant women and young children. Cats aren't going to be banned or anything but people should be aware.

My cat has been trying to kill me since I first met her as a kitten. She thinks I dont know but she doesnt know how aware I am of her actions.

Look... we humans are f'ed. They put fluoride in our water. A proven poison. If we get rid of one thing that is killing us, theres a 100 other things still in place. I counter that the sense of companionship animals bring whether accurate or not is of more positive than the suggestions in the article are negative.
This is what my cat wanted me to say.

I don't think your cat is a threat to your health (unless she's really trying to kill you). It's just for kids.

They're not going to start taking cats away from the crazy cat ladies either...hmmm...it puts a different spin on crazy cat lady doesn't it.

Reactions: Free
I don't think your cat is a threat to your health (unless she's really trying to kill you). It's just for kids.

They're not going to start taking cats away from the crazy cat ladies either...hmmm...it puts a different spin on crazy cat lady doesn't it.

That was too cute :D