RRiveter

Community Member
Mar 30, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share this link I found of Keirsey's book called "Please Understand Me II"

I like this book much better than the first he wrote. The language is sometimes pretentious, but there is tons of good information in there. Way more detailed than everything I have found online.

There is a table of contents that will take you to the different sections in the book. To get the table of contents to appear, click the little magnifying glass icon in the upper right of the

https://www.scribd.com/doc/87644442/43/The-Orientation-of-Idealists

: )

woot

good job :m129:

so there is basically a 70 question test in the beginning and then his actual 16 question temperament sorter in the end

my results
E 1 I 9
S 12 N 8
T 10 F 10
J 11 P 9

and then on the temperament test it's the lowest score
Artisan 37
Idealist 46
Guardian 33
Rational 44

so ISxJ and guardian. they actually correlate, which is lucky because my letter scores were close. I liked the last test because it's a good double checker since the letters were all so close

Last edited:
I found Kiersey's book online for free!

You get what you pay for?... lol

Seriously though I think the first 4 lines of chapter 1 detail the core concept of the dichotomies quite well.

Last edited:
I'd also note Keirsey's book has considerably more theory than some give it credit for; the usual issue is people only read the labels (like INTJ=scientist) and don't learn the actual conceptual insights Keirsey had.

It's not a great book if you want to learn Jungian functions theory (because, hint, the MBTI and Jungian functions theory are quite far apart now), but if you want a wealth of perspective on the types, including some of their characteristic philosophical orientations (for the NF/NT especially), this will be a good read.