Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria | INFJ Forum

Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria

Frontline: Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria

This is a special about the NDM-1 and KPC bacteria resistance fueling the creation of superbugs.
It’s only a matter of time before something really nasty gets loose into the general public....right now, there are a lot of people who for example have MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) carrying it around and not knowing it...when their immune system drops down too low...look out. Having been in the medical field for the past 15 or so years, I can tell you this wasn’t even something your average health care worker heard about much less was effected by when I first got involved...now they have an even more resistant form of MRSA...ugh. Doctors throw antibiotic around like candy, people wash their hands, their dishes and everything else with antibacterial soaps and detergents and the bugs adapt...people should have know that of course this would happen. We haven’t had a “major” epidemic since the last great flu outbreak in the early 1900’s...it WILL happen....lots of folks will unfortunately die. As the world gets more and more populated and travel around the world gets busier and busier...you will see more and more of these types of bugs. Wash your fricken hands people (not with antibacterial soap)...there isn’t much more that you can do other than become a hermit.

Last edited:
Bacteria is good! Don't kill it all! You will just make it angry and you don't want an angry bacteria.

Edit: [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]
Also antibacteria and antibiotics kill off beneficial flora in the body which will slowly kill a person as it leaves them defenseless and unable to produce certain vitamins as well.

You don't need a superbug when you've killed off all your own microbiota which would compete with the harmful ones and keep them out. That's like inviting even normal bugs to take over.

Last edited:
I just hope that doctors don't just go around blasting it with Vancomycin. That will not end well.

Bacteria is good! Don't kill it all! You will just make it angry and you don't want an angry bacteria.

Edit: [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]
Also antibacteria and antibiotics kill off beneficial flora in the body which will slowly kill a person as it leaves them defenseless and unable to produce certain vitamins as well.

You don't need a superbug when you've killed off all your own microbiota which would compete with the harmful ones and keep them out. That's like inviting even normal bugs to take over.
Oh yes I know...they think that there may even be more illnesses caused by the lack of beneficial flora then previously thought....from heart disease, to arthritis, to depression.
I just hope that doctors don't just go around blasting it with Vancomycin. That will not end well.

Oh, they have done that too....there is vanco resistant germs now too....there are very few antibiotics left actually...they are desperately trying to come up with new ones.

EDIT- Accidentally posted with Sensiko’s account....lol.....this is Skarekrow....forgot to log her out.

Reactions: jyrffw54
[MENTION=4459]Sensiko[/MENTION]

Yeah. Killing off your bacteria is like making yourself a baby again. Babies haven't developed it yet and have to be colonized so you do want to keep the bad bacteria away from them, but at the same time you need good bacteria to colonize newborns with it so they can live properly.

It's a double edged sword. If you're not properly colonized with beneficial flora then killing all bacteria is your only defense. If you were to let up for even a moment it is easy to be invaded, like a clean slate.