Yusuf

Community Member
Jan 18, 2020
MBTI
Infj
Enneagram
Helper
Hey , im 18 years old .
I have just finished my fourth semester as an accountant in university. Although am good at it , it still doesn't feel right ; the idea of having to sit in a chair recording transactions with no much of personal development involved.

I'm kinda interested in Human resource , but i don't know if it is fit for my personality , i don't complain about circumstances as long as this career spots light on my leaves helping them grow.
So do you think it's right for me to do the switching ??

Reactions: Asa and Sandie33
HR would be an excellent career choice for INFJs as we work to look out for the little guy and are very trustworthy when it comes to what we say we will accomplish.

But, the problem is that corporations always look out for their bottom line first, at the expense of the employees. For example, it's been more and more common since 2001 for companies to layoff entire groups of good hard workers simply because they found cheaper labor overseas. Who has the pleasure of on-boarding the overseas replacements while at the same time saying "don't let the door hit you on the way out" to the current staff? The HR folk. This is just one example of many conflicts you'd come across.

I can see a position in HR ripping an INFJ apart emotionally.

Last edited:
You got that PMA.

lnv9nfp2gwstjr7cz0d7.jpg

Oh, come on forum peeps, you knew I was going to do this.

Reactions: Yusuf and MoonFlier
I can see a position in HR ripping an INFJ apart emotionally

That is the true, true. . I was an HR manager for a time, not by choice, but by organizational shifting. it sucked. .first of all, I use intuition a lot, and when presented with complaints, I knew truth without a bunch of investigation. . but that got me into trouble with my boss, so I would do the investigating only to find I was right all along. I was forced to do things that felt wrong to me and I suffered for it regularly. There is no place for compassion or kindness in HR. .it's all bottom line, as defined by somebody above you.

I changed my major numerous times in college. In fact, I studied journalism and PR but I actually work in social services field now. Consider your transferrable skills and what you find fulfilling. You can always branch off. What kind of work do you think would be fulfilling? What do you really care about? What interests you about HR? Is there a way your University could link you with HR professionals so you can gain more insight into that career?

Last edited:
HR would be an excellent career choice for INFJs as we work to look out for the little guy and are very trustworthy when it comes to what we say we will accomplish.

But, the problem is that corporations always look out for their bottom line first, at the expense of the employees. For example, it's been more and more common since 2001 for companies to layoff entire groups of good hard workers simply because they found cheaper labor overseas. Who has the pleasure of on-boarding the overseas replacements while at the same time saying "don't let the door hit you on the way out" to the current staff? The HR folk. This is just one example of many conflicts you'd come across.

I can see a position in HR ripping an INFJ apart emotionally.
I don't get your point , probably cuz of my lack of english , can you put this in another way please ?

That is the true, true. . I was an HR manager for a time, not by choice, but by organizational shifting. it sucked. .first of all, I use intuition a lot, and when presented with complaints, I knew truth without a bunch of investigation. . but that got me into trouble with my boss, so I would do the investigating only to find I was right all along. I was forced to do things that felt wrong to me and I suffered for it regularly. There is no place for compassion or kindness in HR. .it's all bottom line, as defined by somebody above you.
Thanks for sharing your idea

I changed my major numerous times in college. In fact, I studied journalism and PR but I actually work in social services field now. Consider your transferrable skills and what you find fulfilling. You can always branch off. What kind of work do you think would be fulfilling? What do you really care about? What interests you about HR? Is there a way your University could link you with HR professionals so you can gain more insight into that career?
Thanks for stopping by i appreciate ur comment

I don't get your point , probably cuz of my lack of english , can you put this in another way please ?
That's okay, let me simplify the thought:

INFJ people typically want to do good and improve the world.
Human Resources people have to do as they are told by the companies they work for. Often this means being the catalyst for harm to otherwise good employees. Successful HR people need to have a tough side that most of us do not have and we would constantly be in conflict with our true selves.

Human Resources people have to do as they are told by the companies they work for. Often this means being the catalyst for harm to otherwise good employees. Successful HR people need to have a tough side that most of us do not have and we would constantly be in conflict with our true selves.

what she said. . that's why I disliked it so much. . hurting people, that were good people. and having to enforce things that I disagreed with. .it sets up an unsolvable inner conflict

I see , thanks for providing me with this info

Reactions: MoonFlier
I've done a lot of research on HR management (Because I was also very interested) and took a course in last year in high school on business and what I can tell you as a fellow INFJ is that the HR although it's great for us since we get to help people all day is can also become a career that you can hate because you can't get to close or become friends with your co-workers like others. You always have to be professional you sometime will have to fire people from there job and for an INFJ this can be extremely hard. Like any other job, there are also good parts. I can't really help you with this one but don't be stress you will one day know whats your calling. Good luck.

what she said. . that's why I disliked it so much. . hurting people, that were good people. and having to enforce things that I disagreed with. .it sets up an unsolvable inner conflict

Yes exactly and an INFJ in that position will overthink as well people are what is the most important for INFJ. A perfect career for an INFJ is one that we are able to help others when we are in a job that we end up hurting others instead it can really hard.

Reactions: David54