- Extroverted Thinking (Te) Assertive & Strong
- Introverted Sensing (Si) Worried & Concerned
- Introverted Feeling (Fi) Pained & Invested
- Extroverted Intuition (Ne) Excited & Scattered
- Introverted Thinking (Ti) Persistent Calmness & Clearheaded

http://www.peoplerhetorics.com/archives/1712

thoughts?

Introverted Feeling (Fi) Pained & Invested

- hate to admit, but I think this is true for me. I am very easily affected by things, and highly invested in whatever I do. I have a strong personal committment or interest or ownership of the work I do. And I tend to be more invested in things that others may be. Probably why it's tough to simply brush things off at least for me. Can't speak for other Fis.

Definitely Introverted Sensing and I can be worried and concerned, but also very sentimental and protective.

Hey everyone. I'm the author of this stuff, cool to see it getting spread out. I'll give you more indepth on INFJ's, since this is an INFJ-board.

INFJ's use Introverted Intuition (Ni), and this has a distinct signal which can be read as bitter, visionary, original, maladaptive, driven, and obsessive, the more you use it, the more cues of it you'l reveal. Ni is always on for INFJ's, you don't have to actively grab for it. It's the natural state, and you can easily use it. With it, you can do many things, such as perspective shifting - Ni-users tend to talk about a subject as if they are twisting around a ball. They'll complement the others argument with the other sides of it and have a natural urge to do this. Showing people the big picture. They detach from the environment due to being displeased with it, and they are highly sensitive. INFJ's carry around a nervous energy. Being distracted by Sensory Extroversion, sounds, etc, throw the Ni off it's focus.

INFJ's have Fe, which is passion, anger, caring, persuasiveness, but can also be read more negatively as being a bit conspiratory or manipulative. Using Fe gets you to see the value of the environment around you. Fe gets you to care about things that are going on. It gets you to feel angry when people step out or act badly towards one another. Alot of INFJ's have a poor development of Fe and are rather very hard into Ti. This has some consequences. Ti is "persistant calmness" and can be read as condecending, sharp and able to always see what is wrong with something. It kicks you out of Fe and it gets you to stop caring and being angry about things because "They are the way they are". Ti is adaptive, and does not have an agenda to enforce, INFJ's have a Fe need of expressing their feeling and what is important to them, and if they don't, they turn apathic and become enforcers of apathy, more than anything else.

Inferior Se. Well, Se can be read as being "ready to roll" and focused. You need it, and you use it whenever you're forced to by the environment, such as when you need to do physical work, or work that requires strong focus in the external world. Se for the IN*J's have an interesting flavour of being very autopilotey. When you go into it, you usually detach at the same time, becoming less sensitive to your feelings of pain and other things related to being in this environment. You usually lose track of time entirely and then you're just done. The damage report comes afterwards. INFJ's in Se are usually faster than Se-dominants.

I hope you find this interesting.

Reactions: SealHammer
That's neat that you wrote it [MENTION=5134]anarkandi[/MENTION]
i read the infp description on your page and I must say-- the conflict between ne and si that results in social anxiety about losing ones security... Whoa. Scary spot on for me. I've wondered why I get like that,and this is one thing to consider.
and then te and si boxing the infp in--- that could be.

Pretty simplistic, and it does seem to be quite accurate, but from the other side of the spectrum it's very limiting in its perspective.....

thoughts?

I'd change them like this:

- Extroverted Sensing (Se) Aware & Adaptive
- Extroverted Feeling (Fe) Caring & Impassioned
- Introverted Intuition (Ni) Resigned & Visionary
- Introverted Sensing (Si) Industrious & Laidback
- Introverted Feeling (Fi) Sensitive & Invested
- Introverted Thinking (Ti) Collected & Dispassionate

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
Hey everyone. I'm the author of this stuff, cool to see it getting spread out. I'll give you more indepth on INFJ's, since this is an INFJ-board.

INFJ's use Introverted Intuition (Ni), and this has a distinct signal which can be read as bitter, visionary, original, maladaptive, driven, and obsessive, the more you use it, the more cues of it you'l reveal. Ni is always on for INFJ's, you don't have to actively grab for it. It's the natural state, and you can easily use it. With it, you can do many things, such as perspective shifting - Ni-users tend to talk about a subject as if they are twisting around a ball. They'll complement the others argument with the other sides of it and have a natural urge to do this. Showing people the big picture. They detach from the environment due to being displeased with it, and they are highly sensitive. INFJ's carry around a nervous energy. Being distracted by Sensory Extroversion, sounds, etc, throw the Ni off it's focus.

INFJ's have Fe, which is passion, anger, caring, persuasiveness, but can also be read more negatively as being a bit conspiratory or manipulative. Using Fe gets you to see the value of the environment around you. Fe gets you to care about things that are going on. It gets you to feel angry when people step out or act badly towards one another. Alot of INFJ's have a poor development of Fe and are rather very hard into Ti. This has some consequences. Ti is "persistant calmness" and can be read as condecending, sharp and able to always see what is wrong with something. It kicks you out of Fe and it gets you to stop caring and being angry about things because "They are the way they are". Ti is adaptive, and does not have an agenda to enforce, INFJ's have a Fe need of expressing their feeling and what is important to them, and if they don't, they turn apathic and become enforcers of apathy, more than anything else.

Inferior Se. Well, Se can be read as being "ready to roll" and focused. You need it, and you use it whenever you're forced to by the environment, such as when you need to do physical work, or work that requires strong focus in the external world. Se for the IN*J's have an interesting flavour of being very autopilotey. When you go into it, you usually detach at the same time, becoming less sensitive to your feelings of pain and other things related to being in this environment. You usually lose track of time entirely and then you're just done. The damage report comes afterwards. INFJ's in Se are usually faster than Se-dominants.

I hope you find this interesting.

I find that there is a lack of istj coverage on mbti sites. Would you mind giving the in depth istj explanation also please?

http://www.peoplerhetorics.com/the-istjs/

Here it is! Finished all the descriptions today. Will go in more about how each function has a different feel depending on what your dominant and auxilary function is, how it works on each individual type, but this is what I've got so far:
ISTJ’s
Dominant functions influence all the other functions, giving them all a very unique quality, using them all to support the dominant functions habit. The inferior function tells us a bit about our weaknesses.

Empirical Introverted Sensing Si is a worldview-type function like Introverted Intuition, located in the back-left of the brain as a more thorough map on how the world should be and how it is categorized. It’s interest is the known, and it’s read primarily as concern, and usage of the function generates more concern, allowing them more order, more control, and more precision in mapping the data. Si may be read as worry, concern, trust, content and reliable. It’s directive like Ni, so it’s takes a searching quality into the environment, pinpointing and seeing exactly how it can acquire it’s worldview and ensure consistency in results it seeks to acquire. As a directive function, it sets boundaries on how far one can and cannot go.

System-oriented Extroverted Thinking Te is assertive, strong, seeks to drive through an idea, can be read as ambitionary, strict and dry. It’s primary concern is Articulation/Dynamics shifting, and it’s primarily seeking this out in the front-left of the psyche, making it an objective ability, concerned with the world around it, rather than it’s subjective inner map. Using Te generates a feeling of ambition and involvement with the objects around them, sorting, measuring and setting scores on what they see, getting them to see what holds more value than other things. It’s concern is with the system, systemizing ideas, concepts and items, finding how they relate to one another and giving them order. It sets protocols, enforces protocols, and acquires it’s set goals through Te.

The other Romantic function Feeling Introversion (Fi) may be read as pained, invested, emotive, valuing, genuine, innocent, authentic, and pure. Entering this function, located in the back-right parts of the psyche (Niednagel), the compass, gives them an emotional investment in the subjective reasoning they hold. Compared to Introverted Thinking, it’s animated, meaning the emotions help them calibrate and understand their line of reasoning through evoking emotional reactions to them. Feeling Introversion most often uses a degree of pain to achieve this, as pain helps them paint their feelings and reasoning with value, seeing it is important to them. Fi seeks to purify itself from negative thoughts and feelings it thinks are harmful to them or their values, and therefore often purges itself of habits and ways of living they consider negative. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad, both Feeling functions form and come up with values and ideas as to how we should see and treat and live our lives together.

Interpretative Extroverted Intuition (Ne) may be read as excited, as if they’re in part fantasy world, part reality, as scattered, manifold, erratic and fickle. Through engaging in your fantasies, exploring possibilities, patterns, and new trends, the Ne generates excitement for the world. It’s a psyche consideration of the front-right of the psyche. (Niednagel) and can be read as an Explorer-type process, what we use to engage in the world. As such, Ne is not as far from realisation as Ni can be, and rather focuses on close trends, new patterns and sudden changes. This desire to explore is what gives Ne a constant state of surprise-look to their eyes. Unlike Ni, using Ne generates a strong amount of energy, presence and speed in a room, whilst Ni dislocates itself from it. Ne also deals with conceptualization, and often comes up with interesting names.

Last edited:
I'd change them like this:

- Extroverted Sensing (Se) Aware & Adaptive
- Extroverted Feeling (Fe) Caring & Impassioned
- Introverted Intuition (Ni) Resigned & Visionary
- Introverted Sensing (Si) Industrious & Easy-going
- Introverted Feeling (Fi) Sensitive & Invested
- Introverted Thinking (Ti) Collected & Dispassionate

That's neat. Thank you! :)