not sure

On Holiday
Feb 10, 2011
MBTI
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
http://documentarystorm.com/how-to-make-better-decisions/

The link above is to a documentary on decision making that I think this forum would enjoy. Keep in mind that we have no idea how rigorous the experiments are so, scepticism is advised. That aside, I found it enjoyable. Plus, I learned something. If I want to get married I may have to consider "aggressively pursuing risky footwear". My hiking shoes may not be doing it for me. LOL.

[MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION] thanks for the link. I just watched it and I liked it. But it was somehow too short. I felt as if it was truncated. They could have said more about each parts.

Anyway, I think one should use both: intuition and math. That's the conclusion I made. And I only buy things when both say yes.

Reactions: not sure
[MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION] thanks for the link. I just watched it and I liked it. But it was somehow too short. I felt as if it was truncated. They could have said more about each parts.

Anyway, I think one should use both: intuition and math. That's the conclusion I made. And I only buy things when both say yes.

Intuition -> WANT?
Math -> AFFORDABLE?

Intuition -> WANT?
Math -> AFFORDABLE?

Not quite. For example, I have simple rankings of food sources in my vicinity (using criteria such as price, healthy, distance, taste etc.). The same for purchases (price, productivity boost, personal development etc.). Those are crude models, but they separate the wheat from the chaff to a degree that my intuition can not achieve. Sometimes it's the other way round. And I've realized in hindsight that a decision was good when both said yes.