How to date an INFJ as told by an ENTP | INFJ Forum

How to date an INFJ as told by an ENTP

JungAtHeart

Nov 27, 2014
MBTI
ENTP
Enneagram
Don't believe in it
I thought I'd write this because I think I have a good idea on it and also to dispel tendentious notions myself or others may have. So if any of you INFJ want to chime in, your fellow MBTI types would like to know.

So here goes in no particular order...
1) Do not be dishonest or try to be sneaky around an INFJ. In my opinion, INFJ are one of the sharpest and most in tune with people, they will discern the bullshit from the honesty. You could lose their trust, and depending on the degree, the whole relationship. They're natural empathizers, and often wonder what people are thinking and feeling at any given moment, coupled with Ni, they're human lie detectors.

2) Plan out your date with an INFJ the best you can, don't take them on a generic dinner and movie date, they've probably had their share of underwhelming lackluster dates already. Chances are they'll love going hiking, to an art show, to an indie concert, a play with good acting, or a comedy show (most of them really like satire)
A: If you do take them to dinner, do not go to a chain or deep fry restaurant. Most INFJ have very sensitive digestive systems and are usually very health concious, many become vegan or vegetarian because of this. So if you take them to a McDonald's, they'll probably be disgusted with you and feel like crap afterwards too.

3) Keep your small talk to a minimum and only the necessities, INFJ want depth in the conversation right away.

4) They want to be understood. Many go through through life never realizing what they are, never discovering MBTI, filtering their thoughts and self to accord with a partner that completely doesn't get them.

5) Don't ask an INFJ to have sex, seduce them romantically. It goes without saying don't fuck an INFJ, make love to them.

6) Like all introverts, their brains produce less dopamine than extroverts, which is necessary for communication and interacting. Don't feel disparaged if they need alone time, they'll be back to you in no time. Jung was quoted as saying "Solitude is for me a fount of healing which makes my life worth living."

I'll edit this later and add some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcadia
[MENTION=12673]JungAtHeart[/MENTION] - spot on!

Don't forget to put something about "clingy and needy people" - not a very attractive trait when dating.

Another thing I completely missed...
Many INFJ gravitate towards the spiritual, mystic, Kabbalistic, and theoretical naturally. It is hard for many NT to be good people because of their flaw finding ability, which makes them naturally tear down religion and spirituality. INTJ, INTP, and ENTP in that order, are most likely type to be atheist; which NF's should consider as well. In order for the relationship to prosper, NT's in particular, need to respect an INFJ's spirituality and beliefs. Self actualized NT who are aware of their type and how hurtful attacking someone's belief is, are really the only option here. You will almost never meet an NT who shares your same beliefs.

2) Plan out your date with an INFJ the best you can, don't take them on a generic dinner and movie date, they've probably had their share of underwhelming lackluster dates already. Chances are they'll love going hiking, to an art show, to an indie concert, a play with good acting, or a comedy show (most of them really like satire)
A: If you do take them to dinner, do not go to a chain or deep fry restaurant. Most INFJ have very sensitive digestive systems and are usually very health concious, many become vegan or vegetarian because of this. So if you take them to a McDonald's, they'll probably be disgusted with you and feel like crap afterwards too.

so how did you come to the conclusion that mbti is a predictor of food sensitivity and dietary habits?

also what kind of white trash hicks have you been talking to who go on dates to mcd's?

The perceiver trait and impulsiveness are directly correlated to the area of the brain that deals with attention shift (Anterior Cingulate Gyrus), which gives them less self discipline. For example, they may have a gym schedule but something comes up and they decide not to go.

INFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ, and ESFJ are sensitive types who tend to have self discipline. Often they're born with a phenylthiocarbamide gene variant which gives them a taste aversion to fatty foods and sometimes a version of DTC-1 gene that increases metabolism.

Further reading:
- Avshalom Caspi and his colleagues work at the Institute of Genome Sciences.
- Dr. Albert J. Stunkards work.
- Neuroscientist Angela Sutin's work.

McDonald's was an extreme shit example.

[MENTION=12673]JungAtHeart[/MENTION] - spot on!

Don't forget to put something about "clingy and needy people" - not a very attractive trait when dating.

True, but I know I also really, really, don't want a commitment phobe or anyone who is emotionally unavailable. This frankly seems to rule out any NT who isn't genuinely mature and balanced.

True, but I know I also really, really, don't want a commitment phobe or anyone who is emotionally unavailable. This frankly seems to rule out any NT who isn't genuinely mature and balanced.

I'm an INFJ and I had commitment issues (long story) and it took a tenacious, respectful and genuine NT to snap me out of it...he did such a great job that I ended up marrying him. :wink:

So my hubby is an INTJ and apparently we're not meant to be a good fit because they have a tendency to be emotionally unavailable. They are REALLY "hedgehogs with a soft underbelly" - but then aren't we all soft and prickly (irrespective of type) on the outside until someone takes the time to get to know and understand us? I try and work with the differences in type because while similarities make me feel good - it's in the differences that gives me the opportunity to engage and challenge myself.

Take me to McDonald's please!!! There's wifi!!!!!!! And fruit yogurt cups!

Only if you tell me what all of the parents are really thinking while watching their kids play in the ball pit with your psychic INFJ powers.

[video=youtube_share;JxpeXA_-fHs]http://youtu.be/JxpeXA_-fHs?t=3m10s[/video]

Skip to 3:10 if it doesn't start there automatically.

The great ball pit of pride and embarrassment!

[video=youtube_share;P3Bpukvdbso]http://youtu.be/P3Bpukvdbso[/video]

Perfect place to stick it to the man, ya! :mcunni: