[INFJ] - How is a broken INFJ like? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] How is a broken INFJ like?

TheDevvil156

Regular Poster
Jan 10, 2020
MBTI
INFJ
I wander how an broken INFJ or a INFJ that lived/lives in a toxic fammilly is.I still live with my toxic parents.I became too broken.I came to low empathy levels and not being an empath, no I just don't care about people problems but I want to help them.Hope I don't sound like a bummer

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have the time and energy to do a full write down on it, but I'll just say this. I found MBTI during a hard time in my life, with a not so good family situation. Identified as INFJ as well at the time. Not to say that there is something intrinsically bad with it, but for me my life got a lot better when I moved out and got some distance to everything. I don't know how old you are, but the years 16-19 were pretty rough for me.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have the time and energy to do a full write down on it, but I'll just say this. I found MBTI during a hard time in my life, with a not so good family situation. Identified as INFJ as well at the time. Not to say that there is something intrinsically bad with it, but for me my life got a lot better when I moved out and got some distance to everything. I don't know how old you are, but the years 16-19 were pretty rough for me.
Well still a teen(14).The first time I was traumatized was 6 years old I almost lost my left eye

Reactions: Sandie33
I try but my empathy turns on when I am scared(when I am scared I am an empath).Thanks for advice, I mostly spend time gaming/learning hacking/hacking just I try everything to forget.If I have a dream my mom says you will grow out of it or you are not fir or simply laugh about my hobbies.My dad is far worse.I have constant nightmares I have a deppressed mood.I feel depressed in summer and spring or when winter ends I am to full depresion(or extreme sadness).I don't know why but I just feel very happy in winter.

Reactions: Ren
I try but my empathy turns on when I am scared(when I am scared I am an empath).Thanks for advice, I mostly spend time gaming/learning hacking/hacking just I try everything to forget.If I have a dream my mom says you will grow out of it or you are not fir or simply laugh about my hobbies.My dad is far worse.I have constant nightmares I have a deppressed mood.I feel depressed in summer and spring or when winter ends I am to full depresion(or extreme sadness).I don't know why but I just feel very happy in winter.
Ah yeah, I can see why you would experience that with the adrenaline rush that is fear. It's good that you have hobbies already, what exactly do you mean by hacking? Are you learning python and the like or do you mean more explicitly exploiting others/apps/sites. What sort of dreams too if you don't mind my asking.
The reason you feel happy in winter is likely due to the fact you feel the physical environment around you mirrors your inner struggle of self, it's a shame you feel so down during the rest of the year however

I don't mind sharing your stories.If you want to be understod or listened to you can messege me(Evryone.I will give advice from my point of wiev)
:smile:Thank you for the offer, that is extremely kind of you. I'll be sure to keep it in mind should I need it

Ah yeah, I can see why you would experience that with the adrenaline rush that is fear. It's good that you have hobbies already, what exactly do you mean by hacking? Are you learning python and the like or do you mean more explicitly exploiting others/apps/sites. What sort of dreams too if you don't mind my asking.
The reason you feel happy in winter is likely due to the fact you feel the physical environment around you mirrors your inner struggle of self, it's a shame you feel so down during the rest of the year however
Well I am a cracker(I crack games/programs and passwords).I know batch scripting and HTML(still learning it).Hacking is not my only hobbie.I like wilderness survival techniques but mom doesen't give me too much chanches.I know how to make shelter and fire but can't survive with just a knife(I need a hatchet and some food and water(not too much) a ferro rod and some cordage(there is in nature but where I live the fibers are weak)

Reactions: Asa and Ren
I wander how an broken INFJ or a INFJ that lived/lives in a toxic fammilly is.I still live with my toxic parents.I became too broken.I came to low empathy levels and not being an empath, no I just don't care about people problems but I want to help them.Hope I don't sound like a bummer

I'm curious about one thing. How did you get to know you were INFJ?

A lot of 'broken INFJs' would initially not know they are INFJs because they would get a different result. If you identify as INFJ then you must still know deep down that you have a great capacity for empathy, intuition etc., even if those potentialities are not actualised often?

A lot of 'broken INFJs' would initially not know they are INFJs because they would get a different result. If you identify as INFJ then you must still know deep down that you have a great capacity for empathy, intuition etc., even if those potentialities are not actualised often?
I was mistyped for INTJ, then I looked backed 6-7 years and realized that I was an empath.I am mainly INFJ(I have a moral code if it is passed over well I WELCOME YOU IN HELL!!!-if you trip my moral code)

Last edited:

Sorry not native English speaker.I write from mobile and it's kinda old and I have lot of spelling errors from this phone

I was mistyped for INTJ, then I looked backed 6-7 years and realized that I was an empath.I am mainly INFJ(I have a moral code if it is passed over well I WELCOME YOU IN HELL!!!-if you trip my moral code)

I can relate to your confusion. When I was younger, I don’t really feel things a lot. I can always distance myself from my emotion and seems very reserved and cold. But thinking back, probably it was because I had my personal struggle and I don’t trust anyone. Unconsciously, I built myself a wall to protect my feelings.

But INFJ is a natural empaths. For me, I need to be surrounded by my own ‘people’ and feel secure first, before I can truly be emphatic. Reading a lot from people is a gift and liability because you absorb the negative energy. You need to be strong enough to take that. That’s why when I’m in pain, I lost the ability because I don’t want to take anymore emotional burden.

Reactions: TheDevvil156
I can relate to your confusion. When I was younger, I don’t really feel things a lot. I can always distance myself from my emotion and seems very reserved and cold. But thinking back, probably it was because I had my personal struggle and I don’t trust anyone. Unconsciously, I built myself a wall to protect my feelings.

But INFJ is a natural empaths. For me, I need to be surrounded by my own ‘people’ and feel secure first, before I can truly be emphatic. Reading a lot from people is a gift and liability because you absorb the negative energy. You need to be strong enough to take that. That’s why when I’m in pain, I lost the ability because I don’t want to take anymore emotional burden.
Thanks.For the time tht I posted this I had therapy and I payed off I am not numb anymore but I can shut down empathy at will now(When something violent happens I go numb in 2 or 3 minutes.But thanks :)

Thanks.For the time tht I posted this I had therapy and I payed off I am not numb anymore but I can shut down empathy at will now(When something violent happens I go numb in 2 or 3 minutes.But thanks :)
Sounds great! It’s good that you can found your way :)