How does love feel? | INFJ Forum

How does love feel?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
I'm curious, when you love or are in love with someone, how does it feel? Is there a particular and continuous feeling of love which comes with it or is it occasional?

How does being a T or F affect your experience of "feeling" love for someone?

Like wearing a shirt made of rainbows, pants made of fire and sometimes a fishbowl for a helmet.

It feels like a cake made of rainbows and butterflies and laughter. But don't ask me about love, ask Ewan McGregor:
[video=youtube;Czs58qZZ780]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czs58qZZ780[/video]

I've been in love twice. When I love someone, I'd do anything to make them happy, to see them smile. I want to be by their side always, and whenever I see them I get the warmest feeling of completion inside, like there's nothing in the world I'd rather do than just simply be in their presence or cuddle up with them. When I love someone, I'd take a bullet for them. I accept all that they are and cherish their existence every day.

But it is quite a double-edged sword. When everything goes well with the one you love, you're the happiest person on Earth. When it's unrequited the feelings can become overwhelming, disastrous. You do the craziest things and can spiral into the worst depression if you're in deep enough. And nothing but time can heal the wounds left behind.

Reactions: Gaze
It feels like your favourite fluffy towel wrapped around you, straight out the dryer, in the middle of Winter.

Love feels satisfying, knowing there is someone walking the face of the Earth who understands and accepts the real you.

I think a lot of people mistake INFJ's fierce level of loyalty, support and intimacy for codependency. INFJ's are really vulnerable if that level of commitment isn't reciprocated, so we distance ourselves emotionally until we know for sure.

Exactly. He IS my space.

feels like "wow"

Love feels satisfying, knowing there is someone walking the face of the Earth who understands and accepts the real you.

I think a lot of people mistake INFJ's fierce level of loyalty, support and intimacy for codependency. INFJ's are really vulnerable if that level of commitment isn't reciprocated, so we distance ourselves emotionally until we know for sure.

I am an INFP and this holds true in my experience.

Beautiful, amazing. I know I idealise him... but I love him too.

It's basically just a bunch of good emotions all happening at once. This seems to be the only way I have ever been able to describe love. A good feeling. Being in love with someone is a happy experience and it feels nice.

Reactions: TigersGoRAWR
I'm just kind of curious that I don't have any idea. I've been truly in love a couple of times but I wouldn't be able to say what it feels like. I'm not totally sure I experience it as an emotion. Love does tend to come in moments for me, and if I was to take a punt, it more feels like the need to protect someone beautiful and amazing and the want to become intertwined with them, to merge the two of us.

Actually, I think I know the word - exhilaration.

I think loving someone is an experience subjected to change, as two persons grow together, so I can't describe it as a feeling, it's a sum of feelings I've had over the years of knowing an loving a person.

I've been in love once and still am. ^_^
Love is a unique feeling to me. There is no-one who can make me feel the same way as he does.
It's the greatest and most over-whelming sense of happiness I have ever experienced.
When I think about love and the boy I am in love with, I feel safe and warm. And a big smile will be on my face for the whole day. Even if I am feeling a little down. ^_^

It's the touch, too. Everytime he touches me, even if it's slight, my heart skips. It's a great feeling o_O
I like how I'm comfortable with him touching my waist or playing with my hair. I seem to get very grumpy if anyone else does it.
Like I say, it's a very unique feeling to me. And I absolutely love it ^_^

I can't say about love but I will write a few words about affection.

Affection is when you see someone doing usual routine and after that you can't resist thinking about having intimate and sensual contact with this particular someone (notice that sex isn't on the first place). It goes to you even if you deliberately want to stop it. I had discovered this feeling recently. To my surprise the second party seems to notice that and we are actually playing a game of subconscious messages ciphered in theoretically not-related discussions. It's the first affection that I consider as something which can actually turn into something very real.

PS Since this is a matter of present time, I'll keep all the vital information to myself (no way I will share this feeling!).

Reactions: grt$5vb and Gaze
it feels like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly.