How do you think your cognitive dev has changed? | INFJ Forum

How do you think your cognitive dev has changed?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

What shaped or influenced these changes?

Optional: How does this affect your everyday approach to people and communication?

Last edited:
Reactions: 88chaz88

I've gained a hell of a lot of Fi, I still walk the line on F/T but I've definitely opened up more emotionally. Funny thing is I also think my Ne has got less. I used to type as an N sometimes but now my S score far outweighs it.

Dove. She's really helped me a better, friendlier person, and probably more socially acceptable. Because of her I've been able to understand my emotions, even though being an ISFP, I'm reluctant to share them. I'm also guessing her N use has allowed me to focus on my S which comes a lot easier to me.

How does this affect your everyday approach to people and communication?

Well I've become friendlier, but I'm still very much an introverted person. My approach to people and communication can still be described as "little to none".

Reactions: Gaze
I can't believe that I, of all people, remain the only one who has answered this thread.

Dev stands for what?

Deviation?

- I think my Fe has developed quite a bit or SI (social intelligence) along with my emotional intelligence. I've learned to listen more and think more carefully before responding; not to prejudge as much as I did.
- My Ti is tons sharper because of school/work. I've learned to accommodate different modes of thinking much easier. And i've learned quite a bit from understanding my thinking and learning styles.

- Have to adapt to a new culture, and learn different ways of thinking about what's considered acceptable or unacceptable by cultural standards. Realizing that learning to adapt and be flexible was important in order to survive. Resistance is indeed futile :D

Optional: How does this affect your everyday approach to people and communication?
- I'm more likely to question my perceptions and rethink my perspective, realizing that as stubborn as i am :D, that I can always learn more.

I don't know for sure, but I think my Si has diminished over time. When it comes to subjects I know a lot about, I have a storehouse of info to back it up (I can draw a map of my town from memory, and remember everyone in my family's birthday), but I've been memorizing less facts in recent years.

But for sure, my Fi is my third most developed function, and Ne is my fourth.

My Ti has also become much less harsh than it used to be.

Si- I used to spend a lot of time creating my own worlds in the form of maps and landscapes, and would create imaginary people with birthdays, personalities, and families. All of the facts associated with these things were stored in my memory, and I could recall the details easily. But once I started spending more time on school work and less on my own pursuits, my thirst for new ideas to feed my curiosity pushed my need to memorize facts into oblivion (with a few residual exceptions). I eventually realized that my Ni was allowing me to pull general ideas out of nowhere, and my Ti made those ideas specific enough that I had no need for rote memorization.
Ne/Fi- There are a few prominent INFP's in my life, and my striving to understand them helped me develop my Fi. As for Ne, it's usage comes and goes.
Ti- I've said too many thing I wish I hadn't using too much Ti, but I'm still somewhat of an obssessive person.

How does this affect your everyday approach to people and communication?
I'm able to couple my Fe with Fi, which allows me to not be as cold seeming as I used to be. I'm also more friendly and sociable, and it's easier for me to relate to people and understand possibilities.