How do you spend your weekends? | INFJ Forum

How do you spend your weekends?

Xanadu

Sep 19, 2019
MBTI
INFJ-A
Enneagram
8-2-5
Saturday night and I just finished a session at the gym and picked up my favourite ice cream with some other groceries.
Walking home and I see people, couples, groups enjoying their night out in good company, they all seem to have a good time. Meanwhile I’m heading home eating my ice cream and will watch a movie alone....

I got a few very good friends but they all have families so we don’t meet up that often.

What do you do on weekends?

Weekends are usually for chores and errands and I often work (I'm freelance), but I also often ride horses in the morning and also always hike with my dogs.
If my SO is around we will go out for a snack at a pub, and occasionally to a restaurant with friends or solo.

Your weekend sounds perfect @Xanadu :)

When alone I will ponder life a bit. Walk in nature (walk two or three streets back in my suburb and there are trees and parks to enjoy). Love walking down the beach. Take photos with my camera or if I haven't got that my iphone.

Sometimes think exactly the same thing you do. Here are all these people "connecting" and here I am going home alone .. the lonely guy with his fern (Steve Martin movie).

But then I go "are these people connecting the way I would?". Each to their own but some of the drivel I overhear makes me want to barf. It seems so insubstantial.

But I still go out in there as I like to feel as though I am not the only person in the universe. :)

Weekends are usually for chores and errands and I often work (I'm freelance), but I also often ride horses in the morning and also always hike with my dogs.
If my SO is around we will go out for a snack at a pub, and occasionally to a restaurant with friends or solo.

Your weekend sounds perfect @Xanadu :)
Weekend would be perfect if I had someone to share my ice cream with. :)
Being around animals like you do is a good way to connect.

When alone I will ponder life a bit. Walk in nature (walk two or three streets back in my suburb and there are trees and parks to enjoy). Love walking down the beach. Take photos with my camera or if I haven't got that my iphone.

Sometimes think exactly the same thing you do. Here are all these people "connecting" and here I am going home alone .. the lonely guy with his fern (Steve Martin movie).

But then I go "are these people connecting the way I would?". Each to their own but some of the drivel I overhear makes me want to barf. It seems so insubstantial.

But I still go out in there as I like to feel as though I am not the only person in the universe. :)

I don’t want to connect with people the way “other people” do by drinking and the ordinary boring stuff. I want to connect they way I do and have done before and if I’m not I feel so lonely. But perhaps you prefer to be alone?

Reactions: JustPhil
Saturday night and I just finished a session at the gym and picked up my favourite ice cream with some other groceries.
Walking home and I see people, couples, groups enjoying their night out in good company, they all seem to have a good time. Meanwhile I’m heading home eating my ice cream and will watch a movie alone....

I got a few very good friends but they all have families so we don’t meet up that often.

What do you do on weekends?

Wrecklessly

Being awesome

I don’t want to connect with people the way “other people” do by drinking and the ordinary boring stuff. I want to connect they way I do and have done before and if I’m not I feel so lonely. But perhaps you prefer to be alone?

I read and liked this a long time ago .. but forgot to respond .. sorry.

I don't like being alone .. sometimes I hate it. But I don't think I would like to enjoy someone else's company just for that company. I want a connection. I would love to, but won't sacrifice my mental health on being the sort of person that listens and talks about "the weather". Yes as an introductory thing .. but if after that, all that is talked of is much the same, I think I would rather be alone.

I suppose I've become recalcitrant in my old age, possibly because I allowed myself to become that sort of person earlier in life, so now fiercely refuse to be any longer.

I sometimes work overtime on the weekends.

Otherwise I'm flying solo in my room, hanging out on INFJs.com.

I do house chores (clean and laundry).
I get dressed up and take lots of selfies while I listen to music and dance by myself.

I take the dogs for walks, try to do some paperwork, and watch a show or read something.

But I mostly just hang out alone and accomplish nothing. Lol.

Fun stuff.

Sleep. Just sleep and then sleep some more.

Packing and getting ready to move back home to Oregon. Three days away from retiring from 45 years working in mental health. .Right now the weekend is all about planning the future and trying to figure out how to say goodbye to a very special friend. . so, working and taking time out to lose my shit and trying to figure it all out. . but next weekend, on the road to home

But I mostly just hang out alone and accomplish nothing. Lol.
You've made a beautiful earth tone colorisation of Odin's picture.
Sleep. Just sleep and then sleep some more.
Sleep has a good prospect, it does emotional healing, this is an interesting book about it, recommended: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07896YVS3/?tag=infjs-20
Three days away from retiring from 45 years working in mental health.
Hat's off.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, it certainly is, sleeping at least 6 hours, preferably 8 hours does a lot.
(Guilty of not always doing that though :yum:.)

Yup! I'm guilty of not always sleeping enough too, lol. :grin:

Reactions: dragulagu