How do you forgive? | INFJ Forum

How do you forgive?

You Maintain Perspective

image.jpg

You are good at keeping everything in proportion, even if you have been betrayed. You never forget context.
That's not to say that you will let things slide, but you see where others are coming from and why they do the things they do.

Whenever you don't feel like forgiving someone, you remember the times in your life that you needed forgiveness.
You try to react fairly, even when you feel personally wounded. You don't go overboard, but you don't minimize things either.

lesson.jpg

You're not one for wallowing, and you prefer to move on from the bad things you have happened in your life.
Even if someone has wronged you, you don't hold a grudge. You learn whatever lessons can be learned, and you let go.

This isn't to say that forgiveness wipes the slate clean for you. Each event, good or bad, impacts your life.
You take the lessons you've learned with you, and your life is better for them. You refuse to be a victim.

You Stay Centered

You find it easier to forgive, and that's because you don't let much get under your skin.
You stay calm, cool, and collected - even when it would be totally justified to get steaming mad.
You know that you can't control the people around you. You can only control your reactions to them.
You don't fight hate with hate. Instead, you put as many good vibes out into the world as you can.

You Focus on Gratitude

gratitude.jpg

You're the type to look at what's going right in your life, even if someone has wronged you.
You see the silver lining to every situation, and that makes forgiveness natural - although you don't forget.

You take responsibility for your own happiness, and you count your blessing. No little joy is too small.
No one is going to burst your bubble. You're on your own joyride through life.

You Maintain Perspective

perspective.jpg

You are good at keeping everything in proportion, even if you have been betrayed. You never forget context.
That's not to say that you will let things slide, but you see where others are coming from and why they do the things they do.

Whenever you don't feel like forgiving someone, you remember the times in your life that you needed forgiveness.
You try to react fairly, even when you feel personally wounded. You don't go overboard, but you don't minimize things either.

Reactions: Misadventure
You'd think there be a few negative results to this test like, "You get bitchy and passive aggressive" or "You write an extensively detailed poem about forgiving the person before slitting your wrists."

Reactions: cvp12gh5
You Learn the Lesson

You're not one for wallowing, and you prefer to move on from the bad things you have happened in your life.
Even if someone has wronged you, you don't hold a grudge. You learn whatever lessons can be learned, and you let go.

This isn't to say that forgiveness wipes the slate clean for you. Each event, good or bad, impacts your life.
You take the lessons you've learned with you, and your life is better for them. You refuse to be a victim.

You'd think there be a few negative results to this test like, "You get bitchy and passive aggressive" or "You write an extensively detailed poem about forgiving the person before slitting your wrists."

I think they were going for healthier responses :D.

You Stay Centered

You find it easier to forgive, and that's because you don't let much get under your skin.
You stay calm, cool, and collected - even when it would be totally justified to get steaming mad.

You know that you can't control the people around you. You can only control your reactions to them.
You don't fight hate with hate. Instead, you put as many good vibes out into the world as you can.

You Maintain Perspective

perspective.jpg

You Stay Centered

You Learn the Lesson

Share!

Share on Tumblr

Share with HTML

Share with BBCode

Share on LiveJournal

Share on WordPress

You take the lessons you've learned with you, and your life is better for them. You refuse to be a victim

Both 'maintaining perspective' and 'staying centered'. I stay centered by taking account of all perspectives.

You Stay Centered

You don't fight hate with hate. Instead, you put as many good vibes out into the world as you can

How do I forgive? With a baseball bat wrapped in barbed-wire.

Or...

You Get Revenge Positively

revenge.jpg

You aren't one to disagree with the idea that living well is the best revenge. In fact, it's your favorite way to get over being wronged.
You focus on the positive whenever you can, especially when it comes to forgiveness. You let go and think about what's going good in your life.

In fact, someone betraying or hurting you can often be the motivation you need to take the next step. You're not about to let anyone or anything get you down!
You know that solving a problem requires a total shift in energy - and to get there, you often need to forgive.

You Stay Centered...

...as far as the cops can tell but you go homicidal.

Both 'maintaining perspective' and 'staying centered'. I stay centered by taking account of all perspectives.

I have a structured approach.

I take all perspectives into account. I try to remain as neutral as possible. If something annoys me, neutrality is not guaranteed. Then, I have to retreat to stay away myself from the problem and the people involved.

What I do then is to stay centered. Distance helps to maintain balance.