How do you accept yourself? | INFJ Forum

How do you accept yourself?

Madgirl143

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
England
MBTI
INFJ
Have you ever been in a toxic relationship or experience that left you so broken that you weren't sure whether you had a mental illness or whether it was just because of your MBTI? How did you deal with it and steer clear of it? How did you accept yourself in terms of MBTI?

I ask this because sometimes I feel like being an INFJ makes me feel fake, as if I'm really not one. I know INFJs have a lot of contradictions in their personality but they match some mental illnesses as well. How do you discern whether you're normal or not, especially when you're constantly under stress?

Have you ever been in a toxic relationship or experience that left you so broken that you weren't sure whether you had a mental illness or whether it was just because of your MBTI? How did you deal with it and steer clear of it? How did you accept yourself in terms of MBTI?

I ask this because sometimes I feel like being an INFJ makes me feel fake, as if I'm really not one. I know INFJs have a lot of contradictions in their personality but they match some mental illnesses as well. How do you discern whether you're normal or not, especially when you're constantly under stress?
If you were not infj, what would that mean to you? Why would you care if you are or care if you are not?

I don't know anymore, hm maybe I should have posted this under emotional support lol. I just feel so lost in labels that I don't know who I am anymore, but I'm not sure why.
At some point you will know better who you are. It happens at different times for different people. Dont think that the majority of the people in the world though are walking around knowing who they are. Some dont care, some do. Either or doesnt mean they do. I think its very common and will work itself out in time.

At some point you will know better who you are. It happens at different times for different people. Dont think that the majority of the people in the world though are walking around knowing who they are. Some dont care, some do. Either or doesnt mean they do. I think its very common and will work itself out in time.

So my question is silly? I just thought other people have been through this. I mean I understand what you mean and I know that these things take time. I just want to understand whether I am just complicating myself for no reason. And how come some people don't care, how do they get to be like that?

So my question is silly? I just thought other people have been through this. I mean I understand what you mean and I know that these things take time. I just want to understand whether I am just complicating myself for no reason. And how come some people don't care, how do they get to be like that?
Im sure others here will help you out with this. I never indicated in any way your question was silly. I really dont know how to say what I said differently. For me to try would likely cause further confusion in this instance.

Cautiously

I just feel so lost in labels that I don't know who I am anymore

You're not a label, you're you. Labels help describe some parts of you. No matter how many labels you use, it won't be enough to fully capture you fully.

In addition to what Wyote wrote:

Just think of yourself with all the labels and experiences removed. What remains of you? IMO, there is always something left, even if it is only a small part, that is singular to every person. And that is something that you can focus on, like an internal compass.

Just think of yourself with all the labels and experiences removed. What remains of you? IMO, there is always something left, even if it is only a small part, that is singular to every person. And that is something that you can focus on, like an internal compass.

It's my amazingly indescribable toenail :/

You guys are asking me questions about things that I don't want to think about lol. The problem is not so much what lies beneath the labels, it's something bigger. But thank Ginny for the lovely words :)

Reactions: Lurk and Ginny
You guys are asking me questions about things that I don't want to think about lol. The problem is not so much what lies beneath the labels, it's something bigger. But thank Ginny for the lovely words :)
You'll have to think about it sooner or later. Better to do it when you're in an unaffected frame of mind rather than have it sneak up on you. But one thing after another.