How compassionate are you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
How compassionate are you?

How do you feel about compassion?

Do you think it's important or necessary to be compassionate?

How much is too much and how much is too little?

Reactions: Galileo
I think compassion is very important. It's important to empathise with other people and to understand what they are going through. I think people dismiss the needs of others often because they lack compassion, so they simply cannot understand the issues that other people face in their every-day lives.

at the same time I think it's important not to be a pushover and to give in to the needs of everyone and to be aware of when you're being taken advantage of.

Compassion is a big part of my overall nature, and if you do not understand the ideas of compassion and empathy, then you just won't understand me.

at the same time I am not compassionate to the point where I'll let people take advantage of me. there is a point at which that compassion stops. I am generous to my friends and even to my aquaintances should they need me to be. I will lend money freely if I see that it is needed, but if that person fails to pay that back, they won't get more. I will give advice to anyone who asks for it, even if I know they won't take it, and I listen to almost anyone who needs an ear to listen.

In my work I will always go that extra mile for people who need something good in their lives, be that somewhere safe to live or just someone who understands where they have been advocating for them to get funding quicker so they can pay their rent, no matter what time of day it is.

Compassion teaches us to care for others, and it is in no way a bad thing to be compassionate.

Reactions: Gaze