How are you most helpful? | INFJ Forum

How are you most helpful?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

In other words, apart from the general areas in which we can help someone, how do YOU help or assist the best? What kind of help or assistance are you best at giving?

It honestly depends on where I feel the other person needs/wants help.

When my brother/friend is struggling in a subject, I will try to help them if I know the subject, but if I can't, I try to lead them to resources that could help them.

Sometimes, all I can give to someone is my ears, my shoulder, my prayers, my emotional support.

Some people need either one or the other ,and sometimes both. Others specifically want help in one area and not the other.

I feel the best way that I could help someone is through a combination of my prayers, presence, gifts, and service.

At work I do what I can.

Otherwise, I am a great listener.

I am good at getting people to accept themselves and then subsequently building upon it.

I am really good as part of a team. This is a work dynamic I understand really well and, since I have a lot of energy and expertise, I am very good at moving a team's agenda forward. I also have an odd ability to embrace a vision that I did not originate, and it seems some people really have trouble with this....if it's not their idea it is no good. I am not this way at all.

Advice, Emotional Support, How to help someone improve upon themselves, the general traits everyone should have Imo.

I am a great listener.

same i think its the biggest thing i got going for me in terms of others right now. someday after school i hope to be able to help people with guidance and all that better but for right now i just listen as most people start getting pissed if i throw unwarranted advice at em. i still do sometimes ;b but most times i just listen and family/friends seem to appreciate me for that more than most other things.

I also help by being a great listener. But also, I help people the most by treating them like they're the most amazing person in the world. It brings out the best in people and brings their self confidence up!

In other words, apart from the general areas in which we can help someone, how do YOU help or assist the best? What kind of help or assistance are you best at giving?

I'm good at listening and finding the truth of a person's sitation for that moment. Then I can help them see it - and help them come up with an action to take if they find out they aren't happy with the way things really are.

I can also help people see the future depending upon what actions they take - or don't take.

I'm very good at 'getting to the heart of the matter'....

....for everyone else of course .....not me....:eek:hwell:....:wink:

How am I helpful?
You mean how am I helpful to other people?

why would I do that?...

Last edited:
Oh. I guess I'm good at being a wall. Um.. I mean people are more willing to share things with me than others since:
1) I have no friends to relay the info nor desire to do so (nor desire for most things for that matter)
2) I have an amazing ability see other people's perspectives (I practically think like they do; especially being around them long enough)
3) I extremely neutral I don't judge. The bad part about that is I keep silent of their flaws I know will haunt me later (everything is cool until they no longer care about you)

I am most helpful with giving advice and giving plans of action. I am able to see past extraneous details and determine which emotions are valid and must be listened to, and which ones are not and must be disregarded or at least reunderstood. When I listen to someone with a problem I begin to look at it from different side and understand why the person is having an issue. I determine the core issue the are having, and I then explain it to them in simple terms. Asking them questions along the the way to clear any misunderstandings I might have, also to get them thinking so they can understand it more clearly (thus allowing me to understand it more clearly). Once I have enough information I give them a game plan on how to go about fixing something in the quickest most efficient way possible, while still allowing them to function within reasonable emotional parameters.

Please note that this sounds a lot colder on paper then it actually is when I put it to practice.

Apparently in being offensive?

Why does everyone think I am so damned offensive?!

That's a serous as hell question too beezy!

I bring stuff to people when they ask me "Hey you, bring me this".

I don't really have a helping speciality :p I just do the best I can to help for about everything.
Except people who come and cry. Whatever I do they always end up crying more -_-

Reactions: jn56uytrx
Oh. I guess I'm good at being a wall. Um.. I mean people are more willing to share things with me than others since:
1) I have no friends to relay the info nor desire to do so (nor desire for most things for that matter)
2) I have an amazing ability see other people's perspectives (I practically think like they do; especially being around them long enough)
3) I extremely neutral I don't judge. The bad part about that is I keep silent of their flaws I know will haunt me later (everything is cool until they no longer care about you)

Sounds similar to me. ^^ Here are my variances:

1. I have few friends from various groups and generally not very talkative. The chances of me blabbing to others is slim because I don't usually talk to the other people involved, and/or I value their privacy enough not to talk about private matters. Plus, talking about others takes effort and I'm lazy. ^^
  2. I have unusual viewpoints about situations. They might not be completely off the wall, but it usually gives the other person a different perspective on the situation. Plus, I can be fairly decent at "putting myself in the other person's shoes", which kind of extends to the various people involved.
  3. I try not to judge, but I also try to gently veer them into a direction which may be less damaging to themselves. It varies based on circumstances; if the person doesn't seem inclined to accept suggestions, I just listen and take mental notes.

I've been told I'm good at receiving people where they are, offering insight and perspective for them to consider, and then leaving them to make their own decisions.

Self-sacrificing.