hotcoldhotcold detach mode prone

anarkandi

Community Member
Feb 1, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
INFJ thing? And how do your friends and loved ones deal with it? How do you deal with it?

How do you feel about being in detach mode, and when does it usually happen?

Excellent question. This is something that I'm often aware of. It's because I so often feel almost unbearably vulnerable. I deal with it in my own very personal way, and I'm afraid this usually involves detaching from others, which I feel bad about but I don't really know how to "process" things any other way. Other times I feel safe and then I let loose with more demonstrative displays of affection. Trust is very hard to come by when you take it all in in such a personal way.

A flicker of a fire,
the sweeping gesture of a fan;

like spinning an umbrella.

As per when...when, when.
When I need it.

I have a very difficult time connecting or even wanting to connect with new people in my life. I imagine it stems from fear of judgement.

*checks to see if I posted that I did in that thread* lol

My detachment has always been my comfort. I find that it protects me from the overwhelming thoughts and feelings of others. My empathy is so strong that at times I feel on the brink of insanity. My husband does not know how to deal with my detachment and it has put our relationship much at odds in the past couple years. He is an ENTP so form your own conclusions there ;) .

I will say that my detachment curses me to be alone and right now I find that loneliness to be unbearable yet I have no cure for my habit of being the one sitting out looking in.

OK... i was thinking of "hot & cold" in terms of angry & friendly and not spatial requirements.

as an INTJ, i need my own space, so matching with someone else who does seems more logical than dating a klingon.