christmas

is such a boss bitch.
Donor
Oct 9, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
post your favorite home-brewed type remedies here, and we shall discuss them.

when i run out of toothpaste or mouthwash i use hydrogen peroxide and gargle with that then brush. it also makes me foam at the mouth like a rabid doggie. woof woof.

Apple cidar vinegar is a surprisingly effective shampoo. I've used a couple of teaspoons mixed with water with good results.

I've also heard that baking soda gets the job done.

Reactions: christmas
Hydrogen peroxide in place of bleach - it's not as caustic, non-toxic (in standard doses), odorless and kills just about every bacteria known to man. Try it out - soak a dirty spong in it overnight, rinse it out in the morning and take a whiff.

Water - to cure... just about everything! Not really. Actually, it helps to hydrate your body, making it healthy enough to fight off whatever may be infecting it without the worry of dehydration (which most people suffer from on a daily basis, 24 hours a day).

Coco powder - to cure an upset stomach (acid indigestion). Mixed with some warm water and fully dissolved. Tastes god-awful, but works wonders.

Neti pot - using distilled water (read about the brain eating amoeba in the news recently to find out why not to use tap water) and some salt takes care of most allergies and eases cold symptoms.

Reactions: christmas
Apple cidar vinegar is a surprisingly effective shampoo. I've used a couple of teaspoons mixed with water with good results.

I've also heard that baking soda gets the job done.

i have thin kinda wavy hair. i tried the apple cider finger and it weighed my hair down too much. i think it is for the thick-hair-ded peoples, lol.

baking soda is very cleansing, but it is drying as heeeeeellll. i wish i could find something other than shampoo to er shampoo my hair. it is soooo drying.

Water - to cure... just about everything! Not really. Actually, it helps to hydrate your body, making it healthy enough to fight off whatever may be infecting it without the worry of dehydration (which most people suffer from on a daily basis, 24 hours a day).

H peroxide is my HERO!

yeah, i read somewhere that if you're thirsty, you've waited to long to get a drink. people don't hydrate in the winter (well, it's winter here) enough. drink up, me hearties!

Put sage into a jar of water, allow it to sit out for a couple of days like sun tea. (If you are Native, you leave an offering of tobacco and preferably sit next to a cedar tree) Sage is a natural astringent. You strain the water and use it to clean your face. It is far less toxic to your skin than something you buy or that has alcohol in it.

Tea tree oil is also supposed to work on actual breakouts on your face. You can find it most herb shops.

The Elders also say that you can cure a earache by blowing tobacco smoke in the affected ear. Of course, Cedar is the panecea for all ills of a spiritual nature.

i want sage astringent! i bet that smells awesome. no alcohol on the face everrrrr! it is so drying (lol, i say that a lot).

yeah so TMI, but i had a few breakouts that did extremely well with tea-tree oil soap (i got it from Trader Joe's. i'm sure there are better ones, but hey, it's like two bucks)

hmm. that seems counter intuitive about the tobacco smoke. i remember i used to get ear infections like crazy when my dad smoked. of course he smoked Marlboro Reds,and not all natural tobacco, lulz.

how are you supposed to use the cedar? is sniffing it good enough? it smells so gud.

For a cold I take asprin or it is bad I take the tylenol version of nyquil/dayquil and drink water. I also try to sleep more.

Generally though, the asprin will fix whatever hurts.

tylenol, ftw! i'm allergic to aspirin. can you believe that shit?

does the tylenol liquid have alcohol in it? alcohol makes you relax, but someone told me it was bad for your immune system?