probably just a "like" bot
Retired Staff
May 18, 2015
Best Coast :p
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
295ish
Post your favorite people (famous or not) throughout time and tell us why you chose them.

Celebrities, Politicians, Writers and Authors, Your Great Aunt Polly, whomever!

Last edited:
o-MARGARET-THATCHER-QUOTES-facebook.jpg

She was a woman that acknowledged how important our freedoms are. She will always remain top dog as one of the most inspiring leaders the United Kingdom has ever produced. In my opinion, she was the peacetime equivalent to Winston Churchill. I think she made an entire generation realize just how important the democratic principles of economic liberalism and libertarianism can stand the test of time, and even see the end of the Communist regime. She played such a huge part in bringing about freedom to the people under the thumb of the Politburo. A true representation of what any person should take note on when trying to become a leader on the world stage. She also made sure the Anglo-American alliance stood firm and was ever-intimate.

Marie-Antoinette,_1775_-_Mus%C3%A9e_Antoine_L%C3%A9cuyer2.jpg

Marie Antoinette - She was an interesting personality who was gravely misunderstood. I believe she was just as much a chess piece as she was a questionable royal. I watched the following series of documentaries about her life (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Gr-jGdVdk&spfreload=10), and received some insight that painted a multi-dimensional picture is rarely shown in her portrayal in the media. She wasn't even French. She was Austrian. She and her betrothed struggled with fertility for a long time, and were seen as failures early on in their marriage because they didn't have children. I think she was used as a convenient scapegoat by the people of France. Everyone wanted to blame her for everything, and hold her accountable even if she had very little to do with what they accused her off. See link to Diamond Necklace Affair for example of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affair_of_the_Diamond_Necklace

This doesn't mean she was innocent or a great Queen, but being separated from the French people by position, power, and wealth, it was easier to believe all the gossip and rumor. Not that her actions helped her much.

In the end, the way her family was treated during the trial and execution especially her children was heinous.

Last edited:
Reactions: CosmicINFJ and Free
carl_sagan__legends_by_barkmatter_1920x1200__by_barkmatter-d6bnf19.jpg

Carl Sagan. Where do I even begin with this man? I grew up watching him, listening to his voice and the particular way he would always say "BILLions and BILLions of stars...". Without him, I doubt I would have the interest in or the fondness for the cosmos. He was an astronomer, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, author, science popularizer, and science communicator in astronomy and other natural sciences- among many other job titles. There is nothing I could say to give this man the justice he deserves, just that this world grew a little bit darker when he left it. RIP.

I was never certain anyone could fill his shoes, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson does a pretty damn good job at it. :D
200.gif

Murasaki Shikibu Of Japan

Around a thousand years ago, Lady Murasaki - of the royal court of Heian-era Japan - wrote a novel, The Tale of Genji, one of the earliest novels in human history. (Many argue that it is the first "modern" novel.) That's quite a claim to fame, especially as female novelists in the Western world didn't emerge until hundreds of years later.

Reactions: Free
Marian Anderson

7362250_Marian%20Anderson.jpg

She was a classical musician who fought for the equality for women and black people, especially within the music and theatrical industries. Because of what she fought for, she became the first black musician, and the first black woman to perform at the Metropolitan Opera (the Met) in 1955. Because of her, my daughter who is of mixed race, will be able to perform there someday as well.

Reactions: Free and CosmicINFJ
What is up with all the women? Only one man so far? You all damn sexists! I'll do the same anyways. :m129:

Maya_Deren.jpg

Maya Deren (April 29, 1917 – October 13, 1961), born Eleanora Derenkowskaia (Russian: Элеоно́ра Деренко́вская), was one of the most important American experimental filmmakers and entrepreneurial promoters of the avant-garde in the 1940s and 1950s. Deren was also a choreographer, dancer, film theorist, poet, lecturer, writer and photographer.

The function of film, Deren believed, like most art forms, was to create an experience; each one of her films would evoke new conclusions, lending her focus to be dynamic and always-evolving. She combined her interests in dance, Haitian Vodou and subjective psychology in a series of surreal, perceptual, black and white short films. Using editing, multiple exposures, jump cutting, superimposition, slow-motion and other camera techniques to her fullest advantage, Deren creates continued motion through discontinued space, while abandoning the established notions of physical space and time, with the ability to turn her vision into a stream of consciousness.

Perhaps one of the most influential experimental films in American cinema was her collaboration with Alexander Hammid on Meshes of the Afternoon (1943). She continued to make several more films of her own, including At Land (1944), A Study in Choreography for Camera (1945), and Ritual in Transfigured Time (1946) – writing, producing, directing, editing, and photographing them with help from only one other person, Hella Heyman, as camerawoman. She also appeared in a few of her films but never credited herself as an actress, downplaying her roles as anonymous figures rather than iconic deities.

Her most famous and well known film, Meshes of the Afternoon, is my personal favorite and is, in my opinion, one of the greatest films and a work of art.

It's difficult to find the quasi-original score online as they all tend to be remixes.

The original print had no score. However, a musical score influenced by classical Japanese music by Deren's third husband, Teiji Ito, was added under Deren's supervision in 1959.

This version can be found here:

http://fan.tcm.com/video/meshes-of-the-afternoon-1943-maya-deren

1) We are awesome
2) Ladies first is just good manners
3) Refer to #1

How's that for sexist? I kid, I kid! I have so many more (men included) that I'll post, all in good time.

323377.jpg

o-MARGARET-THATCHER-QUOTES-facebook.jpg

She was a woman that acknowledged how important our freedoms are. She will always remain top dog as one of the most inspiring leaders the United Kingdom has ever produced. In my opinion, she was the peacetime equivalent to Winston Churchill. I think she made an entire generation realize just how important the democratic principles of economic liberalism and libertarianism can stand the test of time, and even see the end of the Communist regime. She played such a huge part in bringing about freedom to the people under the thumb of the Politburo. A true representation of what any person should take note on when trying to become a leader on the world stage. She also made sure the Anglo-American alliance stood firm and was ever-intimate.

Thatchers policies failed badly

The only thing that saved her was scottish north sea oil coming on tap

if the black gold hadn't flowed she and her redundant and highly damaging neoliberal policies would have fallen into the shit heap of history where they belong

She also protected pedophiles in her government

She was firm friends with britains most prolific rapist Jimmy saville and celebrated 11 new years with him

It's believed that her father was a pedophile

Just to reiterate she was frineds with multiple pedophiles and she and her government protected those people who not only abused children but murdered them also

66549_245573475570772_1471506360_n.jpg

Sorry [MENTION=13729]Free2be[/MENTION].....looks like he found your thread.

Sorry @Free2be looks like someone has been posting pedophile protectors and economic rapists in your thread

god only knows how those kind of people justify their views to themselves

Sorry @Free2be looks like someone has been posting pedophile protectors and economic rapists in your thread

god only knows how those kind of people justify their views to themselves

He can post anyone he damn well pleases regardless if they are serial killers or Hitler or Satan. You need to keep your views to yourself in this thread, so either post your own or shut the hell up.

He can post anyone he damn well pleases regardless if they are serial killers or Hitler or Satan. You need to keep your views to yourself in this thread, so either post your own or shut the hell up.

Sure he can post people who placed child murdering child abusers into my government into the thread if he wants and I can point out that that person placed murderers and child abusers into my government if i want

Its a free country so stop being selective about who can talk otherwise the only people who will get to talk are the child murderers

And they're not my 'views' they're fact

Sure he can post people who placed child murdering child abusers into my government into the thread if he wants and I can point out that that person placed murderers and child abusers into my government if i want

Its a free country so stop being selective about who can talk otherwise the only people who will get to talk are the child murderers

And they're not my 'views' they're fact

Your freedom of speech does not extend past the forum's rules. You're off topic and derailing the thread into another rant.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-watched-tory-mp-murder-4636497

[h=1]'I watched Tory MP MURDER a boy during depraved Westminster VIP paedophile party'[/h]

[h=2]The abuse victim's claims are being treated as credible by detectives now investigating THREE murders allegedly linked to a network of VIP perverts.[/h] http://www.hangthebankers.com/margaret-thatcher-covered-for-pedophile-ring/

Margaret Thatcher was told about alleged sex parties with under-age boys held by one of her closest aides claims her former personal bodyguard. Barry Strevens, who worked as the prime minister’s personal bodyguard, said that he passed on allegations about her confidant Sir Peter Morrison.
The former senior police officer said that Lady Thatcher appointed Sir Peter deputy party chairman of the Conservatives despite learning of the rumours.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...otected-a-pedophile-member-of-parliament.html

LONDON — The head of Britain’s MI5 domestic intelligence service told the Thatcher government that a pedophile MP was operating in the House of Commons but suggested a plot to cover up his “penchant for small boys” in order to avoid political embarrassment.
It was a plan the government was only too happy to accept.
Proof of the extraordinary cover-up in the 1980s was kept hidden in the Cabinet Office vaults for more than a quarter of a century despite an official inquiry last year that was supposed to uncover government documents that included any evidence of pedophiles in Westminster.
Details of a written warning from Sir Antony Duff, the director general of MI5, to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet Secretary emerged on Wednesday night after the government slipped it online as parliament closed for the summer. (PDF)

The letter dated 11/4/86 explained that two sources had identified an MP as a practicing pedophile. The MP was questioned about the allegations, but the case was dropped when he denied it.

Your freedom of speech does not extend past the forum's rules. You're off topic and derailing the thread into another rant.

I think you should be more concerned about people supporting known supporters of pedophiles and murderers

I think you're priorities are all out of whack

This is not your thread so be quiet

It is upto the thread starter

If i was the threadstarter i'd be pretty shocked at someone putting her in the thread and i'd be speaking out against such a selection

Please remember this is an INFJ forum and as such is concerned about things like people who strangle to death little children in front of other people being placed into powerful positions in government

if you want more 'logic' based discussions perhaps you could try the INTJ forum?

Last edited:

He's done this to nearly every single thread he's posted in, and he's lasted on the forum without threat or warning for nearly six years.

By the way [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION], you asked about the thread starter. She thinks you're an imbecile with your head shoved up your own arse. I am sure she'd be delighted to see you've set up camp on her thread.

Reactions: Matt3737
This thread is about posting your favorites and why. IT DOES NOT SAY: Post people so they can be dismantled and trashed.

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] If you want to pick apart Thatcher and focus only on the bad she did rather than the good- great, make another thread that says: Post your most detestable figures throughout history so I can pick them apart.

Until then, keep this out of my thread! This is supposed to focus ONLY on the positive.

This thread is about posting your favorites and why. IT DOES NOT SAY: Post people so they can be dismantled and trashed.

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] If you want to pick apart Thatcher and focus only on the bad she did rather than the good- great, make another thread that says: Post your most detestable figures throughout history so I can pick them apart.

Until then, keep this out of my thread! This is supposed to focus ONLY on the positive.

My favourite historical figure is [MENTION=13729]Free2be[/MENTION].

You might not be able to find her in the textbooks (yet), but I find she represents the values we so often find inspiring in historical figures.

Standing your ground, speaking up for yourself, and doing so in a civil yet firm manner.

These are traits I, at least, find I value in historical figures, and I see them here.