Highlander (1992) TV Series | INFJ Forum

Highlander (1992) TV Series

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Discuss all things Highlander in this thread.

1) How would you type the lead character MacLeod? I could always identify with him. He is an interesting and complex character. But he seems to go against type. In his previous lives, he seems to be very different characters. His modern persona seems to be NF.

2) What did you think of the series?

3) Anything else seemed interesting about the concept?

1) ENFJ, maybe. Quite protective of his allies, but no qualms about decapitating the evil doers.

2) Loved it!

3) a.)There must have been an awful lot of immortals to begin with, considering how many heads must have rolled through the ages.
b.)Mythos was a bit of a ridiculous character, but I liked him anyway.
c.) Girls with swords are hot. It was always heartbreaking when they lost their heads.
d.) I never really bought the whole 'holy ground' thing, not that the rule was always adhered to.
e.) Watchers are perverts

1. I will go NF too. I'm not sure though.

2. I mainly watched because of the awesome frickin' theme song. (HELL YES)

-I think maybe I was beheaded in another life, so I couldn't watch even though they didn't show anything.

-I think swords are cool.

-Sidekick-y guy was cute but annoying.

1. No idea. Too lazy to think about it.
2. I liked it, and it was really well done. Too bad it only came on after SNL, which was usually later than I wanted to stay up.
3. Dunno

@Christmas: YES! The theme song rocked! The full version of it went off on some weird tangents though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzMM9kfU8-Q"]YouTube- Highlander Opening Sequence[/ame]

New law: all TV shows should be required to use Queen songs for opening sequences, teehee.

New law: all TV shows should be required to use Queen songs for opening sequences, teehee.

Good plan, but methinks it would be even better if they used KISS songs.

scandanavian power metal

That would work for a Highlander spin off series. They'd have to set it in Norway and make an evil character the protaganist, though. I'd watch it.

YES!
Heeeeeeeere we are, born to be kings!
We're the Princes of the Uuuuuniveeeeerse!
//HEADBANGS TO GUITAR

I always caught the ending credits of the show, I don't remember when it was on but it was probably just before I got home from school so I'd miss it. The times I did watch it I liked it, but I never got too much into it.
The concept however, is Awesomesauce.

scandanavian power metal
FINNISH ORCHESTRAL!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM4qMuhEgeA&feature=related"]YouTube- apocalyptica somewhere around nothing[/ame]
:m015:

How strange. Two days ago, I was hoping someone would mention the Highlander Series on this forum.

1) INFP or ISTP with a 6th sense.
2) I had mixed feelings about it. It was raw and violent and awesome and spectacular. I liked the theme song and the special effects used to animate the quickening.
3) In the natural world, you have to consume something in order to prolong your life, for instance, we kill animals in order to nourish ourselves. At the sub-atomic level, particles acquire mass by "borrowing" from other particles according to the Higgs theory. In order to "be" you must borrow "being" from some other existent. And it may be that behind all mass is just momentum - from the Big Bang, supposedly. So we're all borrowing momentum from each other, at a very fundamental level. And in that fundamental sense, when we kill to eat, it's like we're all getting a little bit of "quickening," but much less than what McLeod gets. *pink face*

3) In the natural world, you have to consume something in order to prolong your life, for instance, we kill animals in order to nourish ourselves. At the sub-atomic level, particles acquire mass by "borrowing" from other particles according to the Higgs theory. In order to "be" you must borrow "being" from some other existent. And it may be that behind all mass is just momentum - from the Big Bang, supposedly. So we're all borrowing momentum from each other, at a very fundamental level. And in that fundamental sense, when we kill to eat, it's like we're all getting a little bit of "quickening," but much less than what McLeod gets. *pink face*

Wow. That was great! :)