Hey NFs! You're not stupid! (Shhh)

Lurk

[ what ]
Jan 13, 2017
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
6,9 & 4
Post something that isn't a tired stereotype about yourselves! (If you insist on embracing MBTI)

Gifts Differing Quotes

“Conventional measures of mental ability, such as intelligence tests and scholarship, show some of the very highest records belong to INFP and INFJ types, who relegate thinking to last place or next to last. The preference for thinking appears to have far less intellectual effect than the preference for intuition, even in some technical fields, such as scientific research, where its influence was expected to be most important.”
Isabel Briggs Myers, Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type

raw

Last edited:
You don't think they are just trying to be positive? I mean where's the proof or even the scientific method used to come to this conclusion?

:D

Reactions: Lurk
You don't think they are just trying to be positive? I mean where's the proof or even the scientific method used to come to this conclusion?

:D

:sunglasses::smiley:

I was preparing such a snarky response, damn you.

Rules, shmoolz. I'll post what I want.

Yes, it appears NF's are most commonly at the highest ranking when it comes to intelligence; even though I don't think it makes much of a difference because hardly anyone listens to us at all. Being intelligent at this point I feel as though one of the only major benefits is the possibly of longevity and good health, providing you manage to get to a point of mental wellness and balance and do not commit suicide before that.

Of course provided you do not suffer fool's too blindly either, I have been kind of effected by others ill choices and simply been in close proximity and thus my life expectancy and health has been effected due to this. In all honestly, I look at the world and that's mostly what it is anyway. Global warming, pollution, out of control big business, corrupt politicians. I guess if the world were to change it would be the most pressing and imminent for NF's to get into positions of power and authority since we can be the most benevolent. Unfortunately one must not look past the need or desire for sadistic enforces who can think on the level of those who are morally ambitious and suspicious.

Last edited:
Yes, it appears NF's are most commonly at the highest ranking when it comes to intelligence; even though I don't think it makes much of a difference because hardly anyone listens to us at all. Being intelligent at this point I feel as though one of the only major benefits is the possibly of longevity and good health, providing you manage to get to a point of mental wellness and balance and do not commit suicide before that.
Did you say something?

Did you say something?
No, I am only a stimulation in your mind.

But yes that's generally how I feel many approach or interact with us. "liberal arts major nonesense!" and the like.

I mean unless you think they all deserve, but that's another topic altogether,.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
On a side note: I really like the new Netflix Death Note serious.

INF goodness.
maxresdefault.jpg

Okay.

So,
Handbook of Multicultural Assessment: Clinical, Psychological, and ...
edited by Lisa A. Suzuki, Joseph G. Ponterotto (p 414)
0787987034.jpg

Attachments

• Ninnit.GIF
    Ninnit.GIF
    14.1 KB · Views: 2
A simulation
Well you have to define "exist" because something can still technically exist in a simulation depending on the definition.

The point: Don't stereotype because it's easier to limit yourself.

Yes, it appears NF's are most commonly at the highest ranking when it comes to intelligence;

Well, that's not across the board. I will look up more sparse data.

even though I don't think it makes much of a difference because hardly anyone listens to us at all.

Quit announcing your type. (MBTI stereotype example!)

Being intelligent at this point I feel as though one of the only major benefits is the possibly of longevity and good health, providing you manage to get to a point of mental wellness and balance

Intelligence alone is [fill in the blank].

Not enough.

and do not commit suicide before that.

Prolonged anhedonia and apathy starves your mind. Literally.

Also, I don't get the point.

Of course provided you do not suffer fool's too blindly either, I have been kind of effected by others ill choices and simply been in close proximity and thus my life expectancy and health has been effected due to this. In all honestly, I look at the world and that's mostly what it is anyway. Global warming, pollution, out of control big business, corrupt politicians.

Odds are that you will never be in a position to effectively advocate for your causes. Even if you had a PhD from Yale; a top political position; or, even the clout that wealth can buy (Anderson Cooper -- I highly respect him, but he had a springboard. Connections are absolutely crucial, whether you make them or plop into them.)

tldr; even people at the heights of power are powerless to do much because some lobby or other shoots them down....so, move on

Why worry about what you will never be able to change, not even an inkling? I think it's a distraction. It's pretty easy to bemoan what's out of your control. What can you do? What moves you?

I guess if the world were to change it would be the most pressing and imminent for NF's to get into positions of power and authority since we can be the most benevolent.

On one hand, Fs -- gross generalization -- probably have greater capacity for benevolence, in the main. BUT, an F can easily justify individual human sacrifices if the loss is sustained for the Good of Humanity. Also consider that if an F understands "feelings" well, then they can also manipulate said "feelings" well.

Never assume that F types are just kinder in general.

Oh yeah, if you don't meet their moral standards, then they (he/she) may find you inferior and worthy of well, nothing. Even life.

Unfortunately one must not look past the need or desire for sadistic enforces who can think on the level of those who are morally ambitious and suspicious.

Yeah, okay.

But what about you? Alone, humanity aside.

Well, if no one has anything to add, time to close up shop.

Are you guys reluctant to approach this topic?