Have your tastes changed as you've gotten older? | INFJ Forum

Have your tastes changed as you've gotten older?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Have your tastes changed as you've gotten older?

What tastes changed or what's remained the same? Tastes can mean interests, hobbies, foods, music, etc.

Are you surprised by the tastes which changed or was it expected?

Last edited:
Yes. I became a vegan. Nuff said. :)

I am now more tolerant of spicy foods, I usually cant taste if something is spicy or not, and I hate mushrooms, and I also can tolerate eating raw onions now, when I was younger, I couldn't.

Most notable is that my music interests broadened, but that's mostly due to the fact that I started playing the violin.

I'd say the past few years (only 20yrold) has been mostly about learning what I do like rather than finding that what I like has changed.

Yes. I became a vegan. Nuff said. :)

I am now more tolerant of spicy foods, I usually cant taste if something is spicy or not, and I hate mushrooms, and I also can tolerate eating raw onions now, when I was younger, I couldn't.

::slaps knee:: Me too. Same for the spicy food thing... but that's because I'm living with someone who likes spicy food and I've developed a tolerance and liking for it.
I used to hate onions when I was younger.. but now I use them in nearly everything (not raw though.) My food preferences have dramatically changed. I was absolutely addicted to sugar before.. now I crave things like nuts and dried fruits more than anything.

As for clothing, I used to try to find the gaudiest and loudest vintage clothes and wear them... I'm not into doing that now. I dress pretty bland, plain tee shirts and jeans..the occasional long flowy cotton skirt.. I'd rather be comfortable than make a statement now.

Last edited:
I used to love chocolate, and i really don't care for sweet things that much anymore.

I used to like competition and now, although i'm still competitive in my own way, i kinda stay from it if i can.

I'll have to think of more . . .