Have you looked in the eyes of a psychopath? | INFJ Forum

Have you looked in the eyes of a psychopath?

latch

Community Member
Nov 21, 2017
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
4w5
I live the emotions of my environs. What happens when there are no emotions.

Can you describe a time when you encountered one of them?

Reactions: PrinzessinKeksi
Hey now. We have feelings.
You are a psychopath? Then you know that you DO have feelings- sometimes anger and sometimes frustration at boredom. The rest are severely muted.

You are a psychopath? Then you know that you DO have feelings- sometimes anger and sometimes frustration at boredom. The rest are severely muted.
I'm joking. Unfortunately, I don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder.

It would be great.

I'm joking. Unfortunately, I don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder.

It would be great.
I see. Have you experience with a psychopath?

I don't know. I would believe that a highly functional antisocial personality would be good at hiding it.
not if they choose to challenge you.

One of my closest friends is an INFP. He is very intelligent, but has no way of hiding his feelings and especially his empathy. The last time I looked into the eyes of a psychopath (that I know of) was when I presented myself as a morally flexible, potentially dangerous friend of my INFP, who was the psychopath's target of choice at that time.

Reactions: acd
Yes. A colleague from a job I worked a year ago was either a sociopath or a psychopath. I am not sure if he was made or born like that. He is a refugee from Afghanistan and he has seen a lot being in the army. But he was a very cold, power obsessed person before that too according to others. So I guess he is a psychopath. You see darkness. There is nothing in those eyes. It always looks as if he is planning something very evil when you see his eyes. No matter what he looks at. Also I noticed the white of his eyes is always red-ish. The first time I locked eyes with him I was immediately like 'Okay you are definitely a psychopath'. The eyes reveal everything.

Reactions: Pin
Just get a job in retail or food service and you will see them in droves, they are like NPCs in a video game often blabbering on about their meaningless lives and fake relationships. The kids just love their phones more than they do other people and themselves. I loathed the brat kids, the toxic soccer moms, and the hateful geezers the most but in all that there was some good people of all walks of life.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Yes, he had an awareness in his eyes but with no emotions the majority of the time. It's so scary! I thought: He has the scariest eyes I've ever seen. It's hard to keep eye contact with someone like that.

Not that I'm aware of.

Although, I think true psychopathy is almost always the result of a head injury. Other people may be mentally ill and acting out but the actual damage of frontal head is what causes psychopathy and therefore I think it's an overused term.

This is also the reason I would not marry a fighter or boxer or football player or anyone who's job makes them prone to head injuries. My ex Colby actually had several head injuries and thankfully he was not violent but he had a difficult time communicating and I don't think he realized it which ultimately killed the relationship.

I don't think people with head injuries are worthless or to be discarded but they do live differently than we do and you just have to be aware of that. I know this thread wasn't about head injuries but about if I've met a psychopath but nonetheless this is relevant.

Not that I'm aware of.

Although, I think true psychopathy is almost always the result of a head injury. Other people may be mentally ill and acting out but the actual damage of frontal head is what causes psychopathy and therefore I think it's an overused term.

This is also the reason I would not marry a fighter or boxer or football player or anyone who's job makes them prone to head injuries. My ex Colby actually had several head injuries and thankfully he was not violent but he had a difficult time communicating and I don't think he realized it which ultimately killed the relationship.

I don't think people with head injuries are worthless or to be discarded but they do live differently than we do and you just have to be aware of that. I know this thread wasn't about head injuries but about if I've met a psychopath but nonetheless this is relevant.
I had a friend who's personality completely changed after a car accident (head injury).

The weird thing was that he became very attractive to women afterwards because he stopped giving a fuck. I don't know how that works.

He freaked people out at work once when he described mugging a guy 'for the laugh'.

I had a friend who's personality completely changed after a car accident (head injury).

The weird thing was that he became very attractive to women afterwards because he stopped giving a fuck. I don't know how that works.

He freaked people out at work once when he described mugging a guy 'for the laugh'.
I think it's the confidence element. Both men and women are attracted to someone being comfortable in their element and not displaying much insecurity that's usually a sign of mental stability.

Unfortunately you can be too confident and I'm not sure why some people don't have alarm bells go off when they encounter that. Displaying a certain amount of vulnerability is healthy and I'm always suspicious of people who pretend to be rocks. Sometimes it's a cultural thing, too.

I had a friend that was in a car crash and had head trauma. He came out okay but he's missing the give a fuck about things and people now. He did well in dating.

Sometimes I meet people who don't naturally reflect back emotions, and may artificially reflect them. The lack of empathy there is a little liberating, but also a little intimidating.

I like that it reminds me to reign myself in to be completely objective.

To my knowledge I've only met/interacted with one. He was a child, about 12 at the time
What did I see in his eyes? Nothing.
How did he behave? However he wanted.
Did he feel for anyone or anything? No.

Now, sociopaths I have experience with. Very different personality except when they have other issues on top of it.

Last edited: