the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking in the car on the way home about what if I got into an accident and an M&M got lodged in my throat. Then a stranger saved my life with the Heinrich maneuver. Has anyone here ever had their life saved by a stranger?

I've saved my own life a couple of times.

Doctors saved my life a few times.

Also one time when I was little and couldn't swim a person let me drop into the bottom of the pool and drown. I blacked out but somebody did save me, obviously.
I think it was the same person that let me go initially but I'm not positive.
Also my parents have saved my life a couple of times by driving like maniacs to the hospital when I had various life-threatening problems.

OH also, one time I was wheeling super fast in the kitchen and the dish washer was open and had a bunch of super sharp knives in it. I slammed into the washer door and came super close to falling onto all the knives but my friend saved me.

My friends tackled a guy that was threatening us and had a gun and they held him down until the cops got him. I don't know if my life was saved but I kind of feel like it was.

I also got mugged by two guys. One of them hit me in the back of the head and I fell down, he was really angry for some reason and was about to start stomping on me but the other guy actually stopped him for some reason. They just took my money and left.

Quite sure she saved my life when I had an artery shredded from the back of my head.

I was out drinking with my friend when we fell from a table together to a concrete floor. My friend survived with scratches but I lost consciousness for a while. We had left the hospital as I said to my friend that this is nothing and we should just continue and started wondering around. We couldn't get into a bar so we sat around near the entrance when I started bleeding to the streets. After a while this one girl came out from the bar, noticed me and brought a bunch of paper towels to press the back of my head to stop the bleeding while waiting for an ambulance. After I got some stitches the doctor said to this girl that I had a few minutes until I would have passed out for good. Not sure if it was just to scare me or was it real, but I think he would have said it to my face if it was just to scare the crap out of me.

Reactions: Free
I've been inches from death. It happened so fast I couldn't even comprehend it until it was over.

Scary stuff.

I was thinking in the car on the way home about what if I got into an accident and an M&M got lodged in my throat. Then a stranger saved my life with the Heinrich maneuver. Has anyone here ever had their life saved by a stranger?

They are tasty, we know. :m154:

giphy.gif

Out of curiosity, for those who have been saved by a stranger, do you keep track of the person that saved you? Do you feel as if you owe them anything or no? If they asked you for something like a kidney would you give it?

Reactions: Free and PintoBean
Out of curiosity, for those who have been saved by a stranger, do you keep track of the person that saved you? Do you feel as if you owe them anything or no? If they asked you for something like a kidney would you give it?
I do. I helped her get to college afterwards and am overly protective for her so I really can't be around her at a bar or anything. We do talk every now and then. I do feel like I owe her big time and would do basically anything for her.

Out of a sense of obligation, gratitude or something else?

Definitely not out of obligation. I'd only do it in a life-threatening circumstance. I've been given blood, money and time by many people. Whatever I can do to repay those people gives me a sense of balance. I'm not going to go out of my way to be self-sacrificing (I already end up doing this subconsciously a lot anyway), but if something is practical and feasible I'll go to great lengths if it is requested in earnest. I want to support people because people have supported me. Seems like the right thing to do.

When I was about 16 I drank too much at a party and the guy I was crushing on went around school on Monday telling everyone that he saved me from drowning in a pool of my own vomit.