Urban shaman
May 8, 2011
MBTI
Human
Enneagram
Human
Oblique Travels to Happiness

1. Never deceive yourself.
2. Remember your duty to Humanity: link the molecules of silence in paradisal praise.
3. Ask only for what you will freely give.
4. Mind the future and the past; live in the present.
5. Dedicate yourself to the pursuit of growth.
6. Forgive, do not forget.
7. Counsel those whose strength is failing.
8. Deny executive temptations: you are mortal.
9. Exercise your right to be human, revel in your natural beauty.
10. When you fall, remember to keep breathing.

Life is a journey of fulfillment. Seasons will ebb and flow, let it surround you – feel the rhymes of life in every motion. Revel in divine ecstacy; feel the power flowing through you, outward to encompass the universe – dance with the spirits there, become Unity.

When shadows surround, remember the darkness is only false perception: channel your inner radiance, hugging, loving; inner shrine an outward shield. Banish hearts’ corruption with love – no other force disintegrates false existence to birth reality.

Pain is a reality-check; love is the electric pulse to make sure you’re still alive. Enter the forward spiral, deny fear for compassion. Let emotion wrestle you away from fragile concerns, drift…slowly…let the dreams flow through you, catalysts for growth.

Everyone deserves redemption, most of all from themselves.

Teach the Art of Grace.

-----

Recent observations put into abstract form; alas, I am no good at flowing prose or beautiful imagery. Life is a river, we - all things living - are pebbles moving with the current. As we flow, different things accumulate and begin to differentiate each pebble from all others. This I call "experience". Definitions form and attach themselves to us, some more damning and others more uplifting - the important thing to remember is all of them are vital. In darkness, the merest flicker of light is radiant; in light, shadow provides realism. Every motion provoked from within can illuminate some aspect of ourselves and, applied properly, shine a lantern for others. Too often, I see vast potential wasted in the pursuit of phantasmal glories or ghosts from the past. Live now, Do now, Be now. Flow with purpose. Among other things, life is a quest for definition: we are the authors of our own lives, wielding our own pens, and able to fill a universe of experiences in a single moment. I should note that happiness is not - and perhaps should not - be constant. Peace and content can be, given proper evidence to exist.

Flow ever onward, kith of mine

Last edited:
The text color made this a bit hard to read, but after I highlighted it I really enjoyed it. Very philosophical.

Pain is a reality-check; love is the electric pulse to make sure you

I'd rep this just because for a moment you tricked me into thinking it was blank post.. Then I realized there were words.. glorious, reputable words.

Awesome.

/reps

Why the hell is it in white font?

And everybody knows happiness is an invisible string that connects all the universe and is never not present at any given moment in any person's life and that all one has to do is reach out and grab it and hold onto it.
*scoff scoff*

White font because I don't use the standard cloud interface. Changed for general readability.

Scoff scoff indeed acd, being happy is an easy thing to do when one is well.

Insonis & cultureofrestraints: glad it was useful, or at least mildly entertaining

Reactions: Wyote
Happiness? Hahaha.

Living my life close to those rules have gotten me... nowhere. It might give momentary silence from external pressure, but in the end it's hard to overlook the fact that we're floating in a river of shit.

But whatever floats your boat. If it's works for you, then it's ok. More than ok in this case since it doesn't involve an imaginary friend.

Some day I'll fall and stop breathing as a choice. I look forward to that day.

Reactions: Arsal
jzono1,

"happiness is not - and perhaps should not - be constant". Happiness blinds as much as anything else, if not more, hence why one should not strive to eternally exist that way. It would become an all-exclusive drug to wreck one's stability. At the risk of sounding ignorant, fretting over things you cannot change is useless - life is not perfect nor are we. There was never a deal struck saying life would be all you wanted it to be, it's your responsibility to make it so. Deal with what you can and accept what you can't, it may help with defeatism.

What I can't change is the fact that I want to see the world burn. That I want to die.

I've never experienced happiness. I observe others experiencing a delusion of happiness though.

I can have anything I want. But all I want is eternal silence.

You cannot change your paradigm, or you do not want to?

Not having a thing doesn't mean it's nonexistent, or a figment of mind. For example: I was homeless for a period of almost three years, yet I knew others had what I did not. Knowing it was possible made struggling to attain something as simple as a roof easier to fight for and more glorious when I had it - wallowing would've changed nothing and kept me on the streets.

Spend your life how you will, but do not damn others.

Happiness is not a choice. It is entirely circumstantial.

... as consciousness is-qua-is a stream and emotion, cognition, and action contribute to the experiential confluence of flowing Awareness bouyed upward as the tip of an iceberg of subconscious upwellings.

Happiness is a choice and a state of mind.
It takes effort and discipline and awareness..
relying on circumstances outside oneself and beyond ones control can only lead to disappointment.

and [MENTION=4108]Radiant Shadow[/MENTION] I pretty much agree with you. I was just teasing in my own weird sense of humor that seems to amuse only me.