Guy needs signatures because he had a bad trial. | INFJ Forum

Guy needs signatures because he had a bad trial.

Hey Hoggle.

I cannot find where or how to take action on behalf of the inmate. I abhor the death penalty.... have my whole life.

Are we supposed to download the file (html or pdf) and mail it somewhere?

http://pthblog.amnesty.org.uk/dont-...ign=deathpenalty&utm_content=troy_facebookers

Here's the blog, I guess you are supposed to email them. When I did it I did something along the lines of adding my signature to a petition. I'll keep looking for that one too.

----

Hey,

I just signed the petition "7 of 9 Witnesses say my Brother is Innocent. Stop Troy Davis' Execution on Sep. 21. " and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 300,000 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/7-o...-innocent-stop-troy-davis-execution-on-sep-21

Thanks!
Samuel

There it is. change.org is the website.

Reactions: grt$5vb and the
Signed. I heard about this guy's case as the retrial came up.

I know it was wrong, but every time they mentioned the dead man's name, I couldn't help but smile. 'McPhail'. ;)

I have mixed feelings on the death penalty. I am unsure of whether I support, oppose, or am indifferent to it. I would need to clarify how I feel about life, and death, which is no easy task for me. Lots of feelings stuff.

About this case itself, I don't know. I'd have to look over the case, and the witness testimony to decide, and I really don't feel like putting in that time. Everybody who's found guilty of a capital crime would make a case for their own innocence, whether or not they are. And groups that oppose capital punishment would support that regardless of the merits of the case, because they oppose of the form of punishment. It doesn't mean that in this case the guy's either guilty or innocent, but just don't weigh too heavily all these claims of an unfair trial.

I'll sign any petition against the death sentence.

//signed.

Reactions: grt$5vb
This is a human life. He may have done nothing wrong but be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Please help him.

He may also have killed a police officer, Just sayin'

Signed never the less as I believe in a fair trial, however that doesn't mean I believe him innocent.

Mmmmm I don't believe the hype that Davis supporters are trying to drum up. So much of his support is from opposition of the death penalty, and Amnesty International and NAACP are so rhetorical I'm almost disgusted. But I guess they have their cause, and the ends justifies their means in their opinion. I just hate being lied to or manipulated, or have a situation misrepresented to me in order to garner my support. Just give me the honest fairly presented facts, and let me decide whether or not to support you. Don't try to take that decision away from me.

I'm much more apt to believe something like
But a Savannah judge, after hearing two days of testimony, ultimately ruled that while Davis’ new evidence “cast some additional, minimal doubt on his conviction, it is largely smoke and mirrors.”

I do not believe that the jurors and witnesses were not coerced or manipulated into supporting Davis by his supporters. If I had in my mind that my cause was noble, and I was trying to do everything possible to save the man, I certainly would try bombarding every single juror or witness with rhetoric, manipulation and guilt trips to get them to cast ANY kind of doubt on their decision or testimony 10 years after the fact, then highly publicizing and emphasizing that doubt. Just like Davis supporters are trying so hard to create a hype with their use of social media, and attempts to talk people into basically spamming the parole board.

Last edited:
Well done Georgia. Once again you've proven your barbarism to the rest of the world.

Witness evidence alone should never land somebody on Death Row.