Guardian angels | INFJ Forum

Guardian angels

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by TinyBubbles, Sep 12, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by TinyBubbles
  1. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    Do you believe in them? why or why not?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Jester

No, cuz in da hood u gotta protect yoself.

Aint noone out there to cap ya enemies, not even yo homies.

Serious: No.
    -> I don't believe in spirits existing outside of our bodies.

3. Melkor

Melkor Madman with a cause

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    >.>
    No, but I suspect INFJ's worldwide do. Logical ones like Indy are rare it seems, judging by this forum.

Lot of spirtitualistic types here.

I don't even beleive humans could fill such a role.

Of course, trauma and the overheating of the brain can lead to one seeing many things, spectres on the eyes blind spots being one. Take a gullible individual , add an escape from death, and you have a nice romantic, false idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    and you know it's false, how? i'm not an infj but i've always been somewhat spiritually inclined... as unlikely as it probably is i can't completely rule out the idea of guardian angels (or gods, for that matter). sometimes it really feels like there's something more out there..

#4 TinyBubbles, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  5. OP
    TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    loool you're too much :)

6. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Exactly, spirituality has nothing to do with type. I also believe there has to be something more out there.

7. Siamese cat

Siamese cat Madame Cat strikes again

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I feel pretty much the same. I'm not sure if such a thing exists, but I do often have a feeling that there is something more than we can see or touch. And I wouldn't allow myself the arrogance of saying that something doesn't exist just because I can't see it, this has been proven wrong so many times during history.

@Melkor, many of things invented, proved and found are that because someone dared to dream and think different, to seek what is not obvious or seen already. And many of those people were seen as logical people only after their ideas were proven right.

#7 Siamese cat, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  8. Melkor

Melkor Madman with a cause

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    >.>
    There is very fine line between structured, scientific 'dreams' and illogical, absent minded flights of fancy.

Inventors chased well thought out goals and orderly conducts, not read a book and wished it were true.

9. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Why not?

10. jdftx

jdftx Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6 sp/so/sx
    I don't see how I could have gotten to where I'm at now. There has to be something...

11. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    A lot of scientific innovations were discovered accidentally, without really following any sort of logical thought. A lot of matters that were fantasy and called science fiction are now becoming reality. Tell that to the pilgrim centuries ago that we were going to the moon, you would probably be laughed at. Yet it is happening today.

12. The Jester

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Melkor.

There's a line between thinking something is impossible, and believing that spiritual beings don't exist.

13. OP
    TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    i agree, but supposing you know where that line is is itself illogical.

it starts with an idea, and only later gets shaped into something more orderly. do you really think anyone would've invented cars, computers, tvs, and all the other stuff we have now if they'd been purely concerned with what was there, and not what could be there?

14. Siamese cat

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Actually you should read biographies of famous scientist and inventors, you wouldn't believe how many of them were deeply spiritual people who believed in things that you consider absent minded flights of fancy.

Take Newton as an example, who believed in angels, wasn't interested in sex and was Bible fanatic. He and Leibniz were trying to prove the existence of God through their works, and you would say that that those dreams are logical and structured?

15. OP
    TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    yup, serendipity accounts for MANY scientific discoveries

16. The Jester

That's true, but religion held us (west-europe) back during the medieval ages.
    Everything that didn't fit the religious view, was thrown out of the window, because it couldn't be right.
    If there was only reason to drive us, we would be much further technology-wise.

17. jdftx

jdftx Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6 sp/so/sx
    I've always associated the word serendipity with a giigggantic slide with many curves and ups 'n downs.

18. Siamese cat

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Maybe but religion has it's meaning and purpose, and those things that held us back wasn't because of the religion but because of people who were preaching it and who wouldn't allow it to change as society changes. And that's an entirely different matter. Being spiritual doesn't necessarily mean that you are illogical, or that you are a follower of any particular religion, or that you are a closed minded freak.

19. The Jester

Uhu, but the two go hand in hand.
    And I believe that you're not being rational if you believe in a selfcentered being that wants to be praised,
    and if you don't praise him enough, he'll torture you eternally.

20. OP
    TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    it was less religion and spirituality and more politics and unsustainable economic policies that held us back during those days. i'd say democracy has been the greatest boon to human progress thus far, not a sudden adoption of reason (what's reasonable anyway? a lot of things we consider reasonable today would've been insane to the people of the past. seems completely contextual =P)