Guardian angels

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
Do you believe in them? why or why not?

No, cuz in da hood u gotta protect yoself.

Aint noone out there to cap ya enemies, not even yo homies.

Serious: No.
-> I don't believe in spirits existing outside of our bodies.

No, but I suspect INFJ's worldwide do. Logical ones like Indy are rare it seems, judging by this forum.

Lot of spirtitualistic types here.

I don't even beleive humans could fill such a role.

Of course, trauma and the overheating of the brain can lead to one seeing many things, spectres on the eyes blind spots being one. Take a gullible individual , add an escape from death, and you have a nice romantic, false idea.

No, but I suspect INFJ's worldwide do. Logical ones like Indy are rare it seems, judging by this forum.

Lot of spirtitualistic types here.

I don't even beleive humans could fill such a role.

Of course, trauma and the overheating of the brain can lead to one seeing many things, spectres on the eyes blind spots being one. Take a gullible individual , add an escape from death, and you have a nice romantic, false idea.

and you know it's false, how? i'm not an infj but i've always been somewhat spiritually inclined... as unlikely as it probably is i can't completely rule out the idea of guardian angels (or gods, for that matter). sometimes it really feels like there's something more out there..

Last edited:
and you know it's false, how? i'm not an infj but i've always been somewhat spiritually inclined... as unlikely as it probably is i can't completely rule out the idea of guardian angels (or gods, for that matter). sometimes it really feel like there's something more out there..

Exactly, spirituality has nothing to do with type. I also believe there has to be something more out there.

and you know it's false, how? i'm not an infj but i've always been somewhat spiritually inclined... as unlikely as it probably is i can't completely rule out the idea of guardian angels (or gods, for that matter). sometimes it really feels like there's something more out there..

I feel pretty much the same. I'm not sure if such a thing exists, but I do often have a feeling that there is something more than we can see or touch. And I wouldn't allow myself the arrogance of saying that something doesn't exist just because I can't see it, this has been proven wrong so many times during history.

@Melkor, many of things invented, proved and found are that because someone dared to dream and think different, to seek what is not obvious or seen already. And many of those people were seen as logical people only after their ideas were proven right.

Last edited:
There is very fine line between structured, scientific 'dreams' and illogical, absent minded flights of fancy.

Inventors chased well thought out goals and orderly conducts, not read a book and wished it were true.

Why not?

I don't see how I could have gotten to where I'm at now. There has to be something...

There is very fine line between structured, scientific 'dreams' and illogical, absent minded flights of fancy.

Inventors chased well thought out goals and orderly conducts, not read a book and wished it were true.

A lot of scientific innovations were discovered accidentally, without really following any sort of logical thought. A lot of matters that were fantasy and called science fiction are now becoming reality. Tell that to the pilgrim centuries ago that we were going to the moon, you would probably be laughed at. Yet it is happening today.

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Melkor.

There's a line between thinking something is impossible, and believing that spiritual beings don't exist.

i agree, but supposing you know where that line is is itself illogical.

it starts with an idea, and only later gets shaped into something more orderly. do you really think anyone would've invented cars, computers, tvs, and all the other stuff we have now if they'd been purely concerned with what was there, and not what could be there?

Actually you should read biographies of famous scientist and inventors, you wouldn't believe how many of them were deeply spiritual people who believed in things that you consider absent minded flights of fancy.

Take Newton as an example, who believed in angels, wasn't interested in sex and was Bible fanatic. He and Leibniz were trying to prove the existence of God through their works, and you would say that that those dreams are logical and structured?

A lot of scientific innovations were discovered accidentally, without really following any sort of logical thought. A lot of matters that were fantasy and called science fiction are now becoming reality. Tell that to the pilgrim centuries ago that we were going to the moon, you would probably be laughed at. Yet it is happening today.

yup, serendipity accounts for MANY scientific discoveries

Actually you should read biographies of famous scientist and inventors, you wouldn't believe how many of them were deeply spiritual people who believed in things that you consider absent minded flights of fancy.

Take Newton as an example, who believed in angels, wasn't interested in sex and was Bible fanatic. He and Leibniz were trying to prove the existence of God through their works, and you would say that that those dreams are logical and structured?

That's true, but religion held us (west-europe) back during the medieval ages.
Everything that didn't fit the religious view, was thrown out of the window, because it couldn't be right.
If there was only reason to drive us, we would be much further technology-wise.

yup, serendipity accounts for MANY scientific discoveries

I've always associated the word serendipity with a giigggantic slide with many curves and ups 'n downs.

Everything that didn't fit the religious view, was thrown out of the window, because it couldn't be right.

Maybe but religion has it's meaning and purpose, and those things that held us back wasn't because of the religion but because of people who were preaching it and who wouldn't allow it to change as society changes. And that's an entirely different matter. Being spiritual doesn't necessarily mean that you are illogical, or that you are a follower of any particular religion, or that you are a closed minded freak.

Maybe but religion has it's meaning and purpose, and those things that held us back wasn't because of the religion but because of people who were preaching it and who wouldn't allow it to change as society changes. And that's an entirely different matter. Being spiritual doesn't necessarily mean that you are illogical, or that you are a follower of any particular religion, or that you are a closed minded freak.

Uhu, but the two go hand in hand.
And I believe that you're not being rational if you believe in a selfcentered being that wants to be praised,
and if you don't praise him enough, he'll torture you eternally.

it was less religion and spirituality and more politics and unsustainable economic policies that held us back during those days. i'd say democracy has been the greatest boon to human progress thus far, not a sudden adoption of reason (what's reasonable anyway? a lot of things we consider reasonable today would've been insane to the people of the past. seems completely contextual =P)