growing more fundamentally INFJ | INFJ Forum

growing more fundamentally INFJ

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
as a younger man i was reasonably messed up. i was very unhappy and acted totally irresponsibly. i've worked pretty hard over time to resolve these issues.

lately i've been feeling that i've been slowly (or in fits and starts) growing more completely me, and also that these developing qualities that seem more true to myself (both as being more comfortable to live with, and also that i dreamed of for myself when younger and unhappier) match more closely INFJ type descriptions. i used to look like some kind of unstable extrovert, but now i'm quieter around people, i'm more reserved or "frosty". i used to hoard, but my environment is increasingly clean and orderly. i'm more patient than ever before and i achieve more than ever before. i make more consistent and less fallible plans to achieve goals. i also feel more aware of other people and more sensitive to what's going on for them. sometimes i have felt that i can "break down" or "see through" others completely. i feel like i am developing skills relating to conflict resolution, leadership, caring, and even "tough love" that other people generally don't have, and that i haven't had before. i have sometimes felt strange sensations of moving weirdly beyond loved ones and others surrounding me.

i'm interested in whether others have experienced anything similar to this?

Yeah, i wrote about this in my last blog entry haha. I think having more awareness of personality flaws or weaknesses has helped me learn to think differently.

I think your description is something i'm working towards as well:

i feel like i am developing skills relating to conflict resolution, leadership, caring, and even "tough love" that other people generally don't

Some i've developed such as leadership, conflict resolution, and caring (somewhat) and others i'm still working through.

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
I don't think you're going crazy.

I can relate well to the things that you have mentioned.

I've also noticed an improvement in my communication skills. I'm no longer awkward in conversation, I may be a bit brazen and brash and forward but I feel as though others appreciate my honesty especially since my honesty are generally the only comments I will make.

invisible: I have experienced very similar things. I've been all over the place for the most of my life, operating in a way of being that I in hindsight figure might not have been very natural in terms of cognitive preferences. I'm still confused, but I see myself in how you describe your development. I feel I might have been 'writing with my off hand', personality-wise. Using software not written for my hardware, and so on and so forth.

I feel as the development is natural and like coming into my own, in a way most people already seem to be. On a fundamental level (functions, I'm figuring). Thankfully, I also feel that I've learned an incredible amount from this, however unpleasant it's been. Can you relate?

Oh, I also identify with Enneagram 9.