[INFJ] - Google seems to be trying to overthrow the U.S.A. (Vorhies - Google black list) | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Google seems to be trying to overthrow the U.S.A. (Vorhies - Google black list)

puzzledheart

Community Member
May 12, 2015
MBTI
INFJ-T
Enneagram
2w1, 6w5, 9w1
Reactions: Sandie33
lolwat

This actually reminds me of a work event I attended a while ago where people basically said that Google has a huge advantage over other search engines just by virtue of having had more time to use its algorithm. Makes you wonder if treating google as a public service is a good idea.

That said, I think there should definitely be a filter on shitty sources that rely solely on presentation to make a point. I'm not sure exactly what that would look like but given more time someone could come up with something.

And I am sure some people from Zimbabwe or Swasiland are trying to do that too! Or even some Eskimos, who knows!

It is just that the chances for them to be successful are quite tiny, I guess.

“I’ve been coding since I was ten [years old.] I have a Ph.D., I have five years’ experience at Google and I just know how algorithms are,” Coppola noted. “They don’t write themselves. We write them to do what want them to do.”

giphy.gif

https://thenextweb.com/artificial-i...arning-code-than-the-researchers-who-made-it/