^_^
Retired Staff
Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I recently got a PS3 (even though the PS4 is coming out this year).

So far I've mostly just been playing FF XIII-2, which has been extremely fun so far.

What are some good games to play on it? Any suggestions, and why do you like that/those game(s)?

Pick up the uncharted series.

Yeah, that.

Also Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon's Souls, and Heavy Rain. MGS4 is p. good because it's got an expansive story (even if most of it is ridiculous) and it has really high replay value - also I like to go around holding people up and throwing them off of balconies. Demon's Souls is great because it's absurdly difficult and requires a lot of thought and caution to play well. Heavy Rain is a fantastic game because it has a very well-written storyline (which is the focal point of literally the entire game), an awesome control scheme, and you feel like a better person by the time you've completed it.

I know I have some other good ones, I'll make sure to post about them in the morning.

Try "The Journey" - indie developed PS3 exclusive. Has excellent soundtrack and it's something very different from the crowd. Then I'm currently playing Skyrim. In queue Mass Effect 3, Tomb Raider and The Last of us (this one is also exclusive). The list will keep me busy till the end of the year perhaps.

[video=youtube;J-W-WvskODM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-W-WvskODM[/video]

Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I've lost more hours of my life to these than anything else I've played on PS3. On the surface, they appear to be fps's, which I generally hate unless we're talking about halflife. However, they're actually more like first-person action rpg's. The "VATS" combat system makes fighting really fun, gaining experience never feels like grinding, and the storyline is really cool though you can do any number of side-quests at any time. The choices, dialogue and otherwise, can affect your karma, which ultimately play into who is willing to join you or work with you, and what storylines can become available. /nerdout

[MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION]
Oh yeah, Journey is definitely a good game and worthy of your time and monies. It takes a very unique approach to adventure gaming and also to online co-op, the effect of which is so profound that you really have to play it to fully understand and enjoy it.

Also The Last of Us, as Tamagochi said. Perhaps the only console game which has made me feel melancholy, then happy, then terrified, all in one sequence. Made very well, has quality writing and voice acting, and the gameplay is very unconventional and adaptive. It's so good that I can overlook how trite it is that the setting is post-zombie apocalypse.

Thank you all, I will need to look into those. I have Skyrim for PC, and I've been playing FF XIII-2 mostly so far.

Ico/Shadow of the Collosus HD Collection

Dark Souls ... if you feel like you want real challenge.

I humbly suggest not to play FF13 ... just don't ... trust me ... that is the lowest-point in JRPG's. Sacrificing everything just for the storyline, except for the combat system.

Finished "the last of us" recently. It was great, definitely recommend.