God

Pin

"Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart
Jun 26, 2017
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4, 3-8-7
So, I believe in God. I didn't always believe in God but I now think there's a logical basis for doing so. I don't want to get too deeply into the logic or the argument structure but it really comes down to defining what God is. If God can trancend reality then there's no use trying to measure God because God isn't limited to the physical world.

Presuming God exists based on his nature, what now? Like, what now? How should we be living?

As passionately as we can without being detrimental.
Think of your own life as if it were a flower.

I see this issue being a flaw with the modern western mindset more than there being an issue with the existence of God as this mindset only deals with the immediate material reality. The same flaw sometimes turns up in regular matters where extreme skepticism becomes and obvious problem as the ongoing outbreak has demonstrated more times than anyone would like to admit. In some religious and spiritual circles denying that God exists is like saying oneself doesn't exist.

I believe in God. I was obsessed with the logical coherence of that belief, but ultimately realized it is inadequate if you wish to know God. I have no problems with that anymore and find "logical debate" about it a waste of time.

I don't believe in an absolute, cosmic moral code insofar as 'good' and 'evil' are generally thought of, but I do believe there is a spiritual economy between literally everything and one should mind that with humility. I think most religions can be abstracted out to where they're essentially user manuals for interfacing with this phenomenon. It doesn't really matter how many times you pray per day or where you do it, the point is the outreaching of your mind and receptivity to something greater than yourself.