• Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

mayflow

Banned
May 26, 2008
MBTI
INFP
This is to be a poll, but also to discuss what we believe about these things and why. Please, I don't want it to become arguments or defending or justifying - just discussing.

My mind holds no rigid beliefs on this. I think that means I am agnostic, and I think there are countless possibilities. I think that heavens and hells exist, but I am not sure if there are actually planes of existence that we are normally unaware of. I do think they exist on a psychological level though.

i think fish made everything, i welcome our fish overlords

Because god and religion types generally mumble on about good and evil well you can have evil fish "Evil pilot fish"

[youtube]QX2jtAYeQw4[/youtube]

and you can have good fish, those are the ones you make fish fingers out of...

See i've thought this through, i really have....

George Carlin expresses my views on these ideas pretty well...

[YOUTUBE]MeSSwKffj9o[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know and I don't care. It's all about social progress and welfare for me.

I'll just go with "I don't know" for now.

I am wiccan

But that doesn't mean anything I also sympathize a lot with Buddism and Hinduism

This is to be a poll, but also to discuss what we believe about these things and why. Please, I don't want it to become arguments or defending or justifying - just discussing.

My mind holds no rigid beliefs on this. I think that means I am agnostic, and I think there are countless possibilities. I think that heavens and hells exist, but I am not sure if there are actually planes of existence that we are normally unaware of. I do think they exist on a psychological level though.

Do you believe in a spirit realm?

This isn't agnosticism then.

I like Hinduism some. I like a Lot of Buddhism. AND YES I do believe in a Spirit realm.

I even think we may enter that sometimes in our dreams.

I like Hinduism some. I like a Lot of Buddhism. AND YES I do believe in a Spirit realm.

I even think we may enter that sometimes in our dreams.

Why do you believe this?

Which, imo, is the more important question when compared to, "What do you believe?"

I am "New Age" (although, I dislike using that term to describe myself). As far as "god" I see it more as a collective source. Something seemingly that all mighty and high can't possibly be an entity, it's diffucalt for me to describe. I have very solid spiritual beleif systems, however to most they appear scattered, unfounded, and loose. I believe in the afterlife, the astral plane, astrology, tarot, energy (this is a very wide term for many many things), spirits, ghosts, symbolism, all stuff in that realm. They are all very important to me.

Haha Satya, I like it.

While most people cannot explain the Trinity, the Trinity should have an honorable mention, causing my vote to go where I feel it would best serve the poll.

Mahayana Buddhism also postulates a trinity. This trinity which is the fullness of Buddha's existence is also considered to be within all sentient beings, not just the historical emanation body of Siddhartha Gotama.

The trinity is like this:

1. The Ultimate Reality body. This could be compared to reality before the Big Bang (or Universe) began - and this is more complicated yet in Buddhist theory which holds more with multiple big bangs than one single time one , and Multiple Universes as well.
It was what all things come into creation from and also return to. It could be considered the source of all creation and destruction as well.

2. The Joy body, which would be in the Spiritual realm, and is made of light and Spirit.

3. The emanation body which is of the physical realms.

In Christianity these are similar to Father, Holy Ghost, and Son. A fully realized being would realize they are all parts of the trinity and so are all sentient beings as well.

Where I see some troubles in the Christian trinity is in the use of the term "Father" instead of something like "source" or what the Bible calls "the void" which all things come from and return to. I think the human mind wants to create god in it's own conceptual images, and concepts are not the ultimate reality itself. In Buddhism, Buddha sometimes is reported to have said that He can point to Ultimate Reality, but all most people will see is his finger.

I want to say one more thing here. If you really want to discuss this, fine. If you only want to come to this topic to poke fun at other religions or groups and call them "bad" - I would prefer you leave. I made this topic for real discussion, not for group bashings, ok?
There are plenty of other topics here for you to show how clever and funny you are.

I believe that there is one god (or more) in this world, although I am a deist...

God is energy.

Energy is the only thing that can't be created or destroyed and exists everywhere and within everything.

Thus we are all God and a part of God.

God is energy.

Energy is the only thing that can't be created or destroyed and exists everywhere and within everything.

Thus we are all God and a part of God.

I agree with this if the premise is built on the idea that we define God as energy. It fits the law of energy conservation and makes sense to me, as energy can be both the void and potential and also it can be kinetic and in action. So it works for me to say we are all energy and part of all energy. However, that doesn't mean there are not other definitions of god or gods or goddesses - but it may mean they have to be of a supernatural to our understandings order, or make them and us all quite equal and unified, as all parts and parcels of the unified and holographic strucure of energy and everything. This fits pretty well with Einstein's relativity theory's I think.