Step 3 - Put Bonsai in thread
Step 4 - Be awesome

Go do

20rtd1f.jpg

1zz2c5s.jpg

ms0ffl.jpg

28ist1k.jpg

No little trees? Come on, you know you want to :m096:

I keep trying to make formal style which is what maple bonsai often are, but the simulator isn't having any of it. This'll have to do instead.

2rc4x6u.jpg

What a neat little program. I made a tree but I don't know how to access the snap shot, where do they go?

edit: nevermind, figured it out. here's my twee

Bonsai_0006.jpg

Attachments

• Bonsai_0009.jpg
    Bonsai_0009.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 13
[MENTION=1926]TinyBubbles[/MENTION]

Yay finally!

That looks like it's about to be a han-kengai style. I've tried pretty hard to make this style but by the time I get it to really start hanging down, the branch I started with gets too low and starts to collide in the pot which doesn't look good. I think I might have to start it more like you did, but maybe even slightly higher than that.

Edit: also it looks like that could turn out to be a neat tree, like this one
2n7lgfn.jpg

It even has the same kind of broken top bit there. To bad the program doesn't allow saving.

Edit edit: also interestingly I'm probably going for kind of the same type with my real tree, but with a top still on it, but it will take some more years to take shape. Right now it's only slanted. This is mainly because the type of tree I have likes to grow low and wide so its natural tendency is actually to do something like this.

Last edited:
@TinyBubbles

Yay finally!

That looks like it's about to be a han-kengai style. I've tried pretty hard to make this style but by the time I get it to really start hanging down, the branch I started with gets too low and starts to collide in the pot which doesn't look good. I think I might have to start it more like you did, but maybe even slightly higher than that.

Edit: also it looks like that could turn out to be a neat tree, like this one
2n7lgfn.jpg

It even has the same kind of broken top bit there. To bad the program doesn't allow saving.

Edit edit: also interestingly I'm probably going for kind of the same type with my real tree, but with a top still on it, but it will take some more years to take shape. Right now it's only slanted. This is mainly because the type of tree I have likes to grow low and wide so its natural tendency is actually to do something like this.

woah cool, I had no idea that was an actual kind of tree! and that you're making your real tree look like that too, awesome. if we're both still on the forum when it grows like that send me a pic :)

Last edited:
I spent SOOOOOOOOOOOO long growing this thing, then I made an accidental click...and *poof*

grr.png

Program download has a buttload of malware. Virus scan if you did this thing.

Program download has a buttload of malware. Virus scan if you did this thing.

Are you sure? I scanned it and nothing came up on the installer or the installed program. A lot of people have used it and this is the first time I've heard about malware.

Though I did try to redownload it just now and Chrome identified the download as malware. It did not the first time I got the program. So maybe either something changed just now and it's malware, or Chrome is being stupid? I'm not sure which it is.

[MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION]

What did you use to scan this and determine that it has a buttload of malware? I redownloaded it and scanned it and it still came up clean. I did a system scan which also is clean.

Was it just Chrome that told you it was malware? Because if that's the case, Chrome has been known to false positive clean things for no good reason when it comes to downloads. That in itself is really not a good indicator.

So, I decided to give it a try. Never trimmed a bonsai tree and found it relaxing.

Bonsai_0000.jpg

I spent SOOOOOOOOOOOO long growing this thing, then I made an accidental click...and *poof*

View attachment 21240

You can also cut down most of the tree. Some times when that happens I cut it all the way down to a short stump using middle click. New branches will grow out of it and probably do something interesting.

If you cut it low enough you can even get a bit that is left over under the soil and make a forest style or shared root style because branches will come up and look like several new trees. Though with the simulator limitation it's hard to have very many tops.

So, I decided to give it a try. Never trimmed a bonsai tree and found it relaxing.

View attachment 21241

Yeah it's nice isn't it?

This is partly why a lot of people who have bonsai end up with a lot of them because you only get to do this once a year at most, in some cases once in several years depending on what's going on. So they collect different ones to work with.

I tried an Ikadabuki style but only managed to get two good trunks out of it.

This is duplicating something that some times happens in nature where a tree falls down on its side but is still alive, and grows branches upwards, and some times the trunk on its side also grows new roots downwards. It's also called a raft.

vo5178.jpg