Giving hugs | INFJ Forum

Giving hugs

When you hug someone, what kind of hug do you give? Full body squeeze, one-handed pat?
Describe it.
Here is a blog for those stumped… http://myhugs.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/there-are-so-many-different-ways-that.html
Do you give everyone the same hug?
What hug do you want in return?
Do you even give hugs? Why?

I use to give full bodied, squeeze you to death hugs - they felt great, and all I wanted was a squeeze in return.

Now though, I feel quite uncomfortable with hugs- which is weird. I don't like them, and I often tense up. I'm not sure what changed...

I give Reiki hugs...always hugging the person heart-to-heart :)

I like my hugs like I like my handshakes, firm, confident, and not full of weird anxious BS.

If someone starts patting me, that kind of sends a vibe to me that they're getting excited for the hug to be over.

To which I think to myself, fuck you, shitty hugger. And skip off to find better hugs.

I like my hugs like I like my handshakes, firm, confident, and not full of weird anxious BS.

If someone starts patting me, that kind of sends a vibe to me that they're getting excited for the hug to be over.

To which I think to myself, fuck you, shitty hugger. And skip off to find better hugs.

People who don't know how to please you, should be executed

I’ve been starting to notice people giving my very ‘light’ hugs, like I’m delicate or have some putrid aura coming off me… ><. I hope it’s the former of course :m053:
I normally try to reciprocate the type of hug the person is giving usually also, but there happens to be one particular person who seems to go in for the squeeze to death type hug, which eventuates into the lightest of embraces… @@... which just makes me confused.
That said, I’m rarely a initiator of hugs. TT

Reactions: rawr
People who don't know how to please you, should be executed

Clearly this is the most logical solution.

I love hugging my wife and kids and a couple of old friends and a few other family members, but otherwise I avoid them if I can. My mom says I give really weak, sad hugs, which really is sad because she's my mom, so I've been working on them. Now I can crush oak wine barrels and uproot small trees from the earth with my strong hugging muscles.

Mostly, I give half hugs with a few taps for most people, but give full hearty hugs with those I'm really close to, and friends I haven't seen in a while.

I'm quite troubled when it comes to certain social situations that possibly require hugging. Like when a coworker has resigned and on their last day goes around hugging everyone. I seriously try to avoid them while thinking, "Don't you dare try to hug me!" Then I end up hugging them anyways.

Full body squeeze to my bf, one-handed pat to everyone else (but generally I don't hug people).

I'm not a hugger. My sister complained a few months back that I never hugged her. I told her "I gave you a hug two months ago"..and I was serious about that being adequate. It was kinda ridiculous when I said it out loud though. My sister is a Feeler who likes reassurance so I have made an effort to be more huggy with her and show affection.

I was always this way. My mom said when I was little and she would grab me and try to cuddle with me on her lap I would squirm away. Its not that I don't like affection but touch can bother me. I'm rather sensitive to other people and their energy.