the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Why do girls with long hair want to cut it all off and have ugly short hair? Is it some sort of milestone for growing up?

Reactions: Rasmus and This
They do it to irritate people who don't like change. :p They want a fresh look. Sometimes they purposely create the aversion. Their hair may be too thin (like Grannies who wear it short to curl/thicken it.) They want something that is easier to maintain and takes less time to style.

Why have long hair if you don't style it?

They do it to irritate people who don't like change. :p They want a fresh look. Sometimes they purposely create the aversion. They want something that is easier to maintain and takes less time to style.

Why have long hair if you don't style it?

Long hair doesnt need a style.

Long hair doesnt need a style.

Prime example: Me. Thick, long, wavy, layered hair. Oh ... the wavy part is selective too ... wavy underneath and nearly straight on top. So I can't just let it air dry without looking like I walked out of a trailer park. Dry it with the blow dryer and I look like a lion. Grab the flat iron to flatten it out.

So ... you're wrong. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to go through ^^^^^^^^^. Do it too often and it gets easily damaged.

It looks better when I wake up the next morning and don't have to do a thing to it. At least I don't have bedhead. LOL

Prime example: Me. Thick, long, wavy, layered hair. Oh ... the wavy part is selective too ... wavy underneath and nearly straight on top. So I can't just let it air dry without looking like I walked out of a trailer park. Dry it with the blow dryer and I look like a lion. Grab the flat iron to flatten it out.

So ... you're wrong. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to go through ^^^^^^^^^. Do it too often and it gets easily damaged.

It looks better when I wake up the next morning and don't have to do a thing to it. At least I don't have bedhead. LOL

Compelling argument.

Do it too often and it gets easily damaged.

I'm gonna be a free spokesperson for Redken here but their heat protection spray is the best ever. I bleach my hair and because I made my hair before shows back in the day I had to regularly tease it, curl it and flat iron it. Used the protection spray and no split ends or heat damage. Good stuff.:m027:

I'm gonna be a free spokesperson for Redken here but their heat protection spray is the best ever. I bleach my hair and because I made my hair before shows back in the day I had to regularly tease it, curl it and flat iron it. Used the protection spray and no split ends or heat damage. Good stuff.:m027:

Thx for the recommendation!

My hair was down to my butt when I was 15. I liked it. After my father died I kind of went nuts, and chopped it off myself. I think it was to control something in my out of control life. As an adult I've continually tried to let my hair grow out, but I have thick hair and the weight bothers my neck when it gets too long. I keep trying to grow it out though. (I've NEVER gone pixe short though...only chin length.) I like long hair better.

Reactions: bionic
Long hair is pretty, but annoying to wear (for me.)
It's so heavy and gets tangled so easily..
It's mostly just uncomfortable and difficult to manage.

I also think short hair brings out a person's features more.. so I tend to think short hair is attractive on women.

I think short hair can look good on girls... they just have to do it right.

I cut my hair short once in high school for that whole "doing something different" thing. I hated it and immediately wished it would grow back.

My long hair is a little bit of a source of pride for me, I'd probably never cut it again.

I think some girls can look pretty adorable and still quite feminine with short hair, but if it's done wrong or you just don't have the right shape of face for it (which I don't think I do) then it's fail. :[

Long hair is style.

It has a simple elegance of it's own, on the other side I'm not against short hair, or hair put up. What I am against is that little puff thing that girls seem to like putting on the front of their heads.

What I am against is that little puff thing that girls seem to like putting on the front of their heads.

Do you mean like this thingy?

20120209-IMG_8157.jpg

1208-kim-kardashian-ponytail-hair_bd.jpg

Reactions: bionic
Where's the dislike button?

Hey, I never said anyone had to agree. Lol. Just my personal ascetic preference. The pixie cut thing always looks super masculine to me, I don't even like it on Hallee Berry who seems to be the example of good looking short hair everybody always wants to point to.

Reactions: manatee
Shorter, healthy, voluminous hair > Longer, stringy, hair full of split-ends.