Gillian Anderson

heiots

Community Member
Feb 12, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 4
Hi guys! You might probably know Gillian Anderson from The X-Files. Anyone would like to try typing her? I've got a couple of quotes from her interviews that would help. I'm getting INFJ vibes from her, but it'd be nice to have other opinions.

"I had a few friends, but at the same time, I was a bit of a recluse."

“Usually when I do a play - and this is why I don’t do them very often - you start rehearsals, it’s all great fun, then you get halfway through and you think, “What the hell have I agreed to do, it’s too hard, too stressful.” And then you get over that and it’s fine, and then you absolutely love it for a couple of weeks, and then you start thinking, “Oh my God, is this ever going to end?” and then you realise it’s not going to end and you have to make the best of every night. And then you start to learn again, and you do that for a little while, and then you go back to thinking, “When will this fucking be over?” and then you get to the place where you’re like, “Oh my God, it’s going to be over soon, and this is such a wonderful experience!” I’m never satisfied. That’s part of me, part of my make-up. But on the other hand, I do try, very hard, to be happy where I am, I work extra-hard at it, but it’s difficult for me, because what is around me is not enough.”

"Friends and family are more important than any slice of fame you get. If you are in a position of being famous at any given time, it is still old friends and family that you need. It's not just about being grounded, but the consistency of knowing that, no matter what number you are on IMDB, that doesn't matter to the people that truly love you, and will be there no matter where on that graph you end up."

"Probably Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now to help me accept the present situation and get out of the future." - On her favourite book.

"TV and computers are separating us from having intimate relationships with other human beings. That's not to say there is not value in television, but the percentage that is of value compared with the amount is complete crap, the ratio is just off."

"I don't date. I haven't had time. I don't have an interest in it. It doesn't bother me. I don't feel it is something that's needed in my life right now. I'm sure when something is meant to transpire, it will transpire."

"There was a lot of trepidation. I've had panic attacks. An interesting thing happened a few months back. I was being presented with an award and had prepared a speech, but I was fearful of simply standing in front of the room. I went to see a couple of hypnotists; one was based in neuro-linguistic programming, one was more shamanistic, and, by the grace of God, there haven't been nerves since."

"Television interviews left me petrified. I tend to go off on a tangent, it is my way of speaking. Today, promotion to sell the film is part of the contract, but I'm bad at giving juicy quotes."

"I'm looking for answers! [laughs] Gillian is looking for answers. At least, I'm looking for answers and trying to find them in the females that I play."

"I would say that now, today, and maybe for the past 10 years, I have consistently lived in the future. Or I try to. It's a constant battle."

Silent power is a recurring trait for Anderson's roles. "That can add to the complexity of the character. Silences and pauses are sometimes more meaningful and more powerful than words can be. In 'The Fall,' there's actually not a lot of dialogue in some scenes. I find it more interesting. You can put the work to the depths of what's really going on for the character."

"I feel like I'm just starting to touch on what I really want to be doing," she says, leaning forward in her chair. Her voice, which is both gentle and stern, has swooped into a whisper. "My dream would be to do it all: to be able to do films and theater and write and to continue to do these projects. And to be able to balance my responsibilities as a parent, which seems to be working out OK right now."

--

From what I know, she's also very much into humanitarian work. So, thoughts?

Last edited:
No one would like to give this a shot? If it helps, here's a clip.

[video=youtube;Hl5EcAY5cNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl5EcAY5cNw[/video]

Still haven't found out. I don't get the massive ENTP typing there's everywhere for her. I would say Ni over Ne too.

The thing she said herself when asked her mbti is that she was an 8 ( confusing it with enneagram). I don't think an 8 either, but that's how she typed.

Still haven't found out. I don't get the massive ENTP typing there's everywhere for her. I would say Ni over Ne too.

The thing she said herself when asked her mbti is that she was an 8 ( confusing it with enneagram). I don't think an 8 either, but that's how she typed.

I'm sure there are some X-Files forums. Why are you on this forum?

Did anyone see her in "The Fall"? Gillian Anderson was amazing in it. It's a television mini series set in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It seems like a overdone premise, the tracking of a serial killer, but there very interesting twists to it. Her character is flawed in interesting ways.

The character she plays is a British. I think its difficult for American actors to play British characters convincingly, but then I did read she spent some of her childhood in Britain.

Always been a fan

Reactions: heiots
The character she plays is a British. I think its difficult for American actors to play British characters convincingly, but then I did read she spent some of her childhood in Britain.

She did, and she's bidialectal.

Here's a tribute to her work (I love how she uses her voice for different characters, and the music!):
[video=youtube;-PYaitD-l04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYaitD-l04[/video]

And this:
[video=youtube;w-lL5y9Ecxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-lL5y9Ecxs&index=118&list=LL2NqoXW92rZLnIkXfcCeaqw[/video]

No one would like to give this a shot? If it helps, here's a clip.

[video=youtube;Hl5EcAY5cNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl5EcAY5cNw[/video]

she's lovely :) NF in my opinion

Amazing artist. Did anyone see any of her work on "Bleak House"?

IXXJ I think.

From observation only, and reading/listening things she said directly.

I think she's an introvert.
She could very well be an Fe user, aux.
She is an A-type.
I don't see her as a thinker, the go with your heart thing. But it could be a gut thing as well.
After reading her book, and putting the characters beside, I have a strong Ni vibe. That said I see Caitlin (main character as INFJ.

Reactions: heiots