ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
Donor
Oct 25, 2011
┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
꒒ ০ ⌵ ୧
Kind of a morbid topic, but I'd imagine I'm not the only one who has thought of this.,
So what would your funeral song be (and why)? If you feel inclined to elaborate~

Oddly enough, I've thought about this. And I don't want something somber or too lively. I heard a great song the other day but can't remember.

Here are a few whose vibe I like. They may not be funeral songs in the traditional sense but the mellow tones are calming and soothing, and I think they would say to family and friends, everything will be fine:

Another:

And another:

Oddly enough, I've thought about this. And I don't want something somber or too lively. I heard a great song the other day but can't remember.

Here are a few whose vibe I like. They may not be funeral songs in the traditional sense but the mellow tones are calming and soothing, and I think they would say to family and friends, everything will be fine:

Another:

And another:

If I die young is strangely comforting. Every time I hear it I think of my brother.

Wonderful song <3

It would have to be something really fun that makes everyone feel good. Party songs. The invitation would say "Please come to invisible's FUN-eral!" I don't want everyone crying and being all dreary at my funeral - boring!!!!! Maybe I could have a fun theme like "heroes and villains". Or it could be a onesie party, or a pajama party, with candied popcorn and chocolate and ice cream and some awesome videos like "The Fifth Element". There would only be fun music, like "The Macarena", "The Locomotion", "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", "Walking On Sunshine", and "Groove Is In The Heart". There would definitely be dancing. My funeral would need to be the best party ever. Turn those frowns upside down, life is too short for being sad!

I've told everyone that this should be my funeral song with real cannons as it was originally played. Should be pretty obvious as to why. Because it's friggin awesome.

These are also contenders

@Wyote

Check out this alternate recording of 1812, in case you haven't before. It sounds a bit weird because I think it's not stereo but it's such a hair raising recording all the way through and it also has real canons.

[youtube]spWBkQj7HGA[/youtube]

I liked the Chopin remix. The really awesome thing about that one is that you could play it yourself. Not sure whether you play piano or not but in my experience a lot of Chopin's work just takes a lot of practice to get it right and this is one of those ones. If you learned to play it yourself, you could get someone to film you playing it, and everyone could watch the video of you playing it at your funeral. That would be epic.

I have a couple in mind~
(very simple song, but it has the feels)

(also vid will probably be taken down soon)

Youtube has decided to destroy all traces of this song (especially in my country apparently, lol)---
Particularly like it on acoustic guitar; it was the first song I learned how to play [=

Young as I am, I feel strange for having thought about this.

At the moment, I want mainly instrumental songs. I can't really think of a song with lyrics to play on my funeral except for Michael Jackson's Human Nature. I will allow my family to add songs with lyrics in a way of expressing their goodbye to me, but songs that must be played on my funeral are:

Sad songs, yes. But these are the instrumental songs I love the most. People are going to cry anyways on a funeral, so maybe these songs are good to get it faster out of their system? Just kidding, of course. I just can't help being a sucker for sad music. Maybe using Leaving Hogwarts as the last song at the funeral would be symbolical to leaving this place. Like, "Bye guys, it was a magical ride." I think that would be a perfect way to say goodbye.

'The Tide' by Neurosis.

There was another (happier one), but I can't remember it right now.... And I don't plan on using it any time soon, so I hope I have time to remember later. :D

I plan to add the request that 'Amazing Grace' not be played to my will. The pipers (if any are present) can choose something more suitable if they wish.

TBH, talking about dying is (((shivers))). I'd really rather not. Death is the worst invention, ever.
I also love @invisible's idea of having a fun dance party, but Neurosis is so me. Also, if you've ever had the pleasure of seeing them play live it is like a religious experience. It's the only (non-Classical) show I've been to where people don't talk; they're lost in the music. <3

Reactions: Wyote and Marnie

Reactions: Jet and Asa