Four characters in search of an author | INFJ Forum

Four characters in search of an author

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Four characters in search of an author: Luisa, Paolo, Adeyemo, and Genvieve

Scenario: the first member who posts writes a plot for a short story or play based on these six characters. Each member can change one element of the plot: time (past, present, or future, place/setting AND day/night, situation or conflict, or the relationship between two of the characters.

Feel free to add dialogue and actions.

i'm open to suggestions on how to simplify this exercise to make it less complex and more interesting.

Last edited:
I think six characters is too many to juggle at once for an exercise like this. Perhaps narrow it down to three or four and we can always add characters later.

I think six characters is too many to juggle at once for an exercise like this. Perhaps narrow it down to three or four and we can always add characters later.

Thx. It's now four characters, just to have some variety.

Characters revised:

Setting: at a cafe in Europe by the ocean. Luisa, is sitting silently sipping some latte at a table with four chairs, when Paolo, stops by her table, pulls out a chair, sits down, with his own drink, without saying a word. Looking a little confused, Melanie, looks at Paolo for an explanation but in response, he simply looks at her, smiles, and then continues to sip his latte. Across the street is Adeyemo, leaving class to head across to the cafe. While walking across the street, Adeyemo notices another woman, Genvieve, heading towards the cafe as well. He begins to keep pace with her until she notices him. She smiles and then continues walking. the street and asks him to wait for her, so both can walk to the cafe together. They both reach the cafe, pulled out the two remaining chairs where Luisa and Paolo were sitting, and sat down. They each look at the others and begin waiting . . .

There begins our story . . .