Forum type/identity? | INFJ Forum

Forum type/identity?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Forum type?

Seems like a silly question, but i'm curious.

I've come to see this forum as not really just an INFJ forum, since there are so many types posting here which contribute to the general atmosphere.

So, if you could type the forum or create an identity for the forum using type or otherwise, apart from the obvious INFJ label, what would it be? :m155:

The forum has a very unique identity as most forums do. It has strong Fe, allows members to display Fi in it's purest form but monitors it, allows Ti to dominate occasionally, demonstrates Ni competently, strives to balance I with E, encourages a stronger development of Ni using Ne, and welcomes P/spontaneity. And an online version of Se runs rampant when the mood its.

The forum seems a bit ENFj to me.

The staff is very ISFJ.

The rest of the forum is relatively ENFJ.

The staff is very ISFJ.

Yeah, wasn't sure i was right but we do seem to be ENFj in our impression as a forum.

The staff is very ISFJ.

I agree with this, and like 50% of the S is from me, haha.

I have to disagree on the staff. The staff is part ENTX (allowing very heated debate, lax rule enforcement, and willingness to use arugment / of ones actions to consider changing decisions. (mediation), full transparency at the cost of personal privacy, flexibility in following staff structure and so on. The staff is very very ENTx.

And the staff is also little SJ, but thats typical of an environment requiring some control, As much we all don't like it hands not to atleast be somewhat SJ where keeping people inline. When you have little physical control over such as a forum.

The forum its self, I would say NF mostly. Even a lot of NT's feel more NF here than elsewhere. And possible XNFP but this may be from a lot of INFJ"s trying to master their Fe and keep a lid on it. So developing their Fi.

I agree the forum seems very ENFJ to me. As for the staff we have to slip into another type to be objective and handle things with out emotion...so staff to me feels more like ESTj

Actually, from the outside (i.e. the perspective from the members) I doubt staff would appear like ISFJ, but from the inside it definitely would appear that way.

To the forums, the staff probablly appears ESFJ. The Si and Fe are definintely in place, there is no way staff would be a P or an N.

Depends on the thread...

In the mature threads I'd say the members are generally "public exhibitionists."

In the lounge - "ditzy."

In the philosophy thread - "ideologues."

In the picture threads - either "cautious optimists" (for those posting their pictures), or "groupies/fans" (for those commenting).

Basically - the members are not monotone - they are complex.

Actually, from the outside (i.e. the perspective from the members) I doubt staff would appear like ISFJ, but from the inside it definitely would appear that way.

To the forums, the staff probablly appears ESFJ. The Si and Fe are definintely in place, there is no way staff would be a P or an N.

As I mentioned a staff on any forum is always going to be a bit SJ.
ESFJ when you have to make someone follow the rules and you can talk the party or parites into working resolution. Or ESTJ when the trolls attack , or you have to infract, warn, ban get tough.

The staff is very ENTX though and its not just a few members of the staff a lot of the foundation and staff action comes arcross this way. Its not as noticable. Its there the SJ just makes more sense and is more easily seen.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I agree the forum seems very ENFJ to me.

This might be because people are more outgoing on the internet. So INFJ's look like ENFJ's and INTP's look like ENTP's ect.

This might be because people are more outgoing on the internet. So INFJ's look like ENFJ's and INTP's look like ENTP's ect.

more like introverts are more outgoing on the net, i've noticed true extroverts have comparatively little to say online. that might be overgeneralizing though

more like introverts are more outgoing on the net, i've noticed true extroverts have comparatively little to say online. that might be overgeneralizing though

I've noticed this as well. E's tend to want to show more over the internet then anything.

This is true I guess, but most E's tend not to bother with the internet anyway. Trying to catch my sister for more than 30 seconds on Facebook is impossible.

I agree...my Extroverted friends spend very little time online.