Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Rules: It's like a story thread, but every post alternates between something unfortunate, or fortunate about the post above it.

To keep things clear, start your reply using: "Fortunately, ....." / "Unfortunately, .....".

I'll start:

I went to the cinema to watch a movie.

Unfortunately, it had already started.

Last edited:
but it was my day off, and I knew I'd enjoy it anyway

Unfortunately, your boss called you to let you know that your presence was urgently needed.

But they were calling me in talk about a promotion

Fortunately, they were calling me in talk about a promotion.
Unfortunately, the promotion was offered on condition that you submit to medical probing.

Fortunately, it's something I can handle, especially with the prospect of a doubled salary in sight.

Unfortunately the thought of all that money made me gamble every dime I had on Bernie winning the Nevada Caucus.

Unfortunately Bernie is a cannibal and believes you should be the entree.

Fortunately, Trump's supporters notice the situation and crash the dinner to rescue you.

Unfortunately he digs a moat instead and Mexico breaks off and floats away.

Reactions: #@&5&49
Fortunately this aid arrives in the form of a shipload of unused FEMA trailers that the inhabitants recycle into solar collectors and become energy self-reliant.

Reactions: #@&5&49
Unfortunately, the ship had no Captain.

Fortunately, they had an experienced Chief Officer, who had good rapport with the crew, take the wheel in a jiff.

Unfortunately the chief officer sold the FEMA trailers to the islanders knowing they were full of toxic fumes

Fortunately, the islanders had an insider on the ship who tipped them off about the trailers, giving them time to resell their shipment to a chemical plant at another port.