Forming Patterns | INFJ Forum

Forming Patterns

Mike S

Jul 15, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Today I was listening to Personality Hacker Podcast on youtube speaking on INFJ personality type advice. They spoke of patterns are mind forms subconsciously. As a child I remember clearly how I had problems with numbers and words. It wasn't that I was bad at math or spelling is what that I couldn't shut my mind off analyzing patterns in them. If I would see any sets of numbers my mind would start multiplying and dividing and subtracting the numbers to find a correlation between them. I was actually real good at math and they called me the 'human calculator' in class. I also won spelling bees as I enjoyed words as well. I think my biggest issue was having these 'gifts' of forming patterns was to show them publicly as I always had anxiety. Much of my life was introspective and I would often just stare at numbers and words and try to find ways they could work together. Maybe i'm not coming across as I want...It still happens from time to time when I am not initially aware, and then my conscious mind takes over and I end the process by looking away. I don't indulge this part of my psyche like I used to as it seems to take over and causes distractions.

Today I was listening to Personality Hacker Podcast on youtube speaking on INFJ personality type advice. They spoke of patterns are mind forms subconsciously. As a child I remember clearly how I had problems with numbers and words. It wasn't that I was bad at math or spelling is what that I couldn't shut my mind off analyzing patterns in them. If I would see any sets of numbers my mind would start multiplying and dividing and subtracting the numbers to find a correlation between them. I was actually real good at math and they called me the 'human calculator' in class. I also won spelling bees as I enjoyed words as well. I think my biggest issue was having these 'gifts' of forming patterns was to show them publicly as I always had anxiety. Much of my life was introspective and I would often just stare at numbers and words and try to find ways they could work together. Maybe i'm not coming across as I want...It still happens from time to time when I am not initially aware, and then my conscious mind takes over and I end the process by looking away. I don't indulge this part of my psyche like I used to as it seems to take over and causes distractions.

great, now I'm privately shaming myself for misspelling a word....:grimacing::flushed::relaxed::confounded:

I have a habit of finding patterns and symbolism in everything, whether the meaning is universal or personal. I'm good at spotting intentional patterns and symbolism in novels and art, and I made up my own language based on following patterns in etymology.
Math didn't interest me in school (except geometry), but after graduation I discovered mathematic theory, and its patterns and symbolism, which I enjoy. I use traditional artist's math and geometry in my work, and I study calculus for fun. Pretty nerdy, but it was fun to discover an avenue I enjoy about a subject I thought I disliked.

Regarding your spelling error: Social media seems to be causing the deterioration of spelling and grammar, despite all the "their, they're, there" memes. We're all falling victim to it. :(