Food Allergies Around the World | INFJ Forum

Food Allergies Around the World

hmm, seems very consistent too. maybe it's the soil?

I had no idea it was possible to be allergic to beef or pinapple. Weird.

Its probably caused by local processing practices and of course food availability. Genetics could play a part, but I would put my money on all the impurities that are getting into the food and the availability of the food to the general population. From what I understand, you have to be exposed to something before you become allergic to it.

I've also heard that industrial food processing or overly processed foods cause more food allergies, but I don't know if that is true.

Its probably caused by local processing practices and of course food availability. Genetics could play a part, but I would put my money on all the impurities that are getting into the food and the availability of the food to the general population. From what I understand, you have to be exposed to something before you become allergic to it.

I've also heard that industrial food processing or overly processed foods cause more food allergies, but I don't know if that is true.

Is it the beef you're allergic to or is it what they put in it for example pink slime:

http://www.eatlikenoone.com/what-is-pink-slime-beef-how-to-avoid-it.htm

Reactions: barbad0s

Mechanically processed and separated meats are bad in general. That's actually the main reason to not eat raw beef - the mechanical process is how the bacteria often gets in there in the first place.

This is because the machines indiscriminately grind up small particles of offal and bone and some times even stray fecal matter and who knows what else, and it impels this garbage into the meat itself where it harbors harmful bacteria and diseases which is why you must try to kill it by cooking.

Edit:
And as for E. coli and stuff, that lives in the intestines of the cow. It gets into the rest of the meat due to poor slaughtering.

Last edited:
Reactions: muir
My own theory is that it might have to do with a buildup of toxic compounds from the foods in the body from a young age, when the body is more sensitive, as a result of living in an area with high availability of the food, and then the body learning to reject the food. I think the toxic compounds in the food are present either a) because the food is grown a lot in the area and so it is fresher, and it contains naturally occuring compounds which have less time to denature/oxidize like it would if it was shipped abroad, or b) because in each given area there are a lot of companies that process the respective "allergy" goods which have poorly regulated processing methods.

Is it the beef you're allergic to or is it what they put in it for example pink slime:

http://www.eatlikenoone.com/what-is-pink-slime-beef-how-to-avoid-it.htm

This article is very interesting to me, as since the age of about 10 years old, I've been unable to tolerate ground hamburger beef and some low quality beef sausage meats. My own family does not buy or cook ground beef unless we manually cook and grind it, so I've never been sure of the exact reason for why it makes me so violently sick when I buy it outside and why it applies even if I were to buy it from most higher-end restaurants. I've always known it must have something to do with the processing, but I've never heard about this until now, so thank you. (And I live in Canada, not the west side of South America, lol.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting guys!

I think there might be a few things going on- I know lactose is actually genetically linked. But I believe allergies are often cause by lack of exposure and, as [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION] mentioned, the amount of unnatural compounds that make up our food.

I was also wondering if environmental factors, like soil as [MENTION=1669]Framed[/MENTION] mentioned and as [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] pointed out in the article, are contributing to sensitivities...are things like aerosol PM weakening our ability to process certain items, or are these things in our food, and our body is just reacting to dangerous toxins that we're ingesting?

It's interesting too, because with so much exporting and importing of goods, such as food, you would think the sensitivities would be more consistent globally.

Would have liked it to be a little more detailed. Colour coded map doesnt show that Ireland has the highest prevalence of coeliac disease in the world. Then again, I only saw wheat listed.

Here's an article on how some external factors might be playing a part in the rise of skin allergies

http://www.naturalnews.com/041203_skin_allergies_toxic_chemicals_personal_care_products.html

I have issues with autoimmune diseases which makes me a high risk for skin diseases like this. I also love smelly things and perfumes...its cray how bad some of it is for you.

I use silcocks base as a soap and coconut oil as a moisturiser now. Any face wash/moisturiser I buy is paraben free and mostly natural ingredients.

Check your ingredients people!

Yeah you can buy shampoos, soaps and other cosmetics online that do not have various harmful ingrediants

You can also buy flouride free toothpaste

SUMA do organic food by delivery and this can be bought in bulk if you team up with other people to keep prices down

Even the supermarkets sell a lot of organic food but there's plenty of organic growers dotted around, many of which deliver a box of goods

The longer the list of ingrediants on the back of the food the worse it is likely to be for your health. Buying things fresh and cooking them yourself is the best way to go but takes a certain amount of time per day (not always easy to find!)

Monosodium Glutomate is a neurotoxin as is aspartame (also known as nutrasweet). These additives are found in a lot of processed foodstuffs on shop shelves. MSG is often used in chinese takeaways and aspartame is in all the fizzy drinks

E numbers are all bad news and you can often google them to find out what they are

One additive i found out about recently that is bad was the caramel colouring that goes into coca cola and also some soy sauces; its the one made with ammonia. I checked my soy sauce bottle and sure enough it said: 'caramel colouring made with ammonia'....it went straight in the bin!

I only found out about that because i read a news article about how some british foodstuffs were being banned from canada due to additives so i googled waht the additives were. One foodstuff banned was bovril...which has the caramel colouring in...i had to bin that as well.....i've been eating that for years!

There seems to be 4 things that are often in processed foods: colourings, flavourings, preservatives and sweeteners and the food manufacturers are really sneaky because they will say in big letters on theiur product: ''does not contain X or Y''. But if the product isn't saying that it doesn't contain all 4 then what about ''W and Z?''

In the UK they pastuerise all the milk and whats more they homogenise it which means boiling it at very high temps and other things which reduces the nutritional value of the milk. This means that all cheeses made in the UK are made form pasteurised milk...so stupidly you can buy cheese made from unpasteurised milk thats imported from abroad but not UK cheese...which discourages the buying of local cheeses

Its pretty outrageous that we have to constantly check whats in all these things but once you have sourced something safely it then it becomes simpler each time

I think that our processed food and also cosmetics are all laced with chemicals and that this is inevitably going to have a harmful effect; i remember a story of a guy a number of years ago killing himself by spraying too much underarm deoderant

These corporation are all snakes

I blame pesticides and new farming techniques that have been introduced in the past 10 years in the US. Also climate change, pollution, and the rise of unclean environments. Also, in processed foods... they stick things like alcohol, silicones, and other ungodly preservatives or substances that do more harm than good. It's fucking disgusting what is in food nowadays.

Reactions: Sensiko
Yep

The government regulators who are supposed to be regulating the corporations to make sure they are behaving themselves are completely corrupted by the corporations. not only are there brown envelopes being handed over under tables to keep people quiet but also there is a revolving door situation between government and the corporations where people who leave government who have acted in the interests of the corporations will then be given jobs by the corporations; this means there is no one looking out for the public...which means we have to look out for ourselves

Genetically modified foods are another problem area although it looks like people in the US are managing to get legislation changed so that corporations must put it on the label of their product if they contain GMO's.....that stuff should be a given!

I've heard that fruit and vegetables have something in them called 'salvestrols' which is their natural protection against fungal growth

When people spray pesticides and herbicides on fruit and vegetables it kills off fungi but it also removes the salvestrol from them

Something that hasn't gone mainstream yet is that cancer is a form of fungus. Cancer is a fungus of the human body. So when we eat salvestrols they help us fight off cancer

So all the non organic food that is being sprayed is not as good as organic food at fighting cancer

Also its pretty much accepted now in europe at least that it is the pesticides that have been killing off the bees; its the neonicotinoids

My family roots are all in the far North of the UK and so when asking about the the diet I know they barely had things such as wheat, no corn- that there was effort made in soaking and even fermenting oats, and that we had raw dairy perhaps lightly pasteurised rather than homogenised. They had seasons so they couldn't indulge in the 5 a day with its huge sugary, plump, commercially bred fruit. There was variety but it wasn't a daily thing. Now here I am 100-150 years later treating my stomach like a furnace, when my ancestors lived off of at the worst of times oats, nettles, seafood and the best herring, raw dairy, honey, vegetables, a little meat etc. So yeah, I have food intolerances. When you consider how few generations have passed, how unaltered that original diet was for a considerable amount of time, and how suddenly I've been eating wheat toast at almost every meal, and zombie milk on my glucose syrup smeared cornflakes for breakfast etc. etc. etc. is it really all that surprising I'd be having an issue? Should anyone be (and yet I've been told countless times I'm making it up)?

I think as humans we should be more sensitive to our heritage when it comes to food. There's this attitude we can eat everything and -survive-. Well, sure but how about thriving? Particularly without autoimmune conditions, wonky blood sugar, skin conditions, hormonal imbalance etc. etc. etc. The majority of elder family members I recognise with these issues have a tendency to be shot down later in years, but the younger generations to suffer the intolerances earlier in life. I think this reflects a great deal on the quantity and reliance we have on certain foods we did not traditionally have. All in all I blame us. I think few of us have any connection with where our food comes from, how to prepare it properly, and even ourselves and our delicate digestive systems. We're not machines. We're people. And we evolve- and it takes time!

Yep

The government regulators who are supposed to be regulating the corporations to make sure they are behaving themselves are completely corrupted by the corporations. not only are there brown envelopes being handed over under tables to keep people quiet but also there is a revolving door situation between government and the corporations where people who leave government who have acted in the interests of the corporations will then be given jobs by the corporations; this means there is no one looking out for the public...which means we have to look out for ourselves

Genetically modified foods are another problem area although it looks like people in the US are managing to get legislation changed so that corporations must put it on the label of their product if they contain GMO's.....that stuff should be a given!

I've heard that fruit and vegetables have something in them called 'salvestrols' which is their natural protection against fungal growth

When people spray pesticides and herbicides on fruit and vegetables it kills off fungi but it also removes the salvestrol from them

Something that hasn't gone mainstream yet is that cancer is a form of fungus. Cancer is a fungus of the human body. So when we eat salvestrols they help us fight off cancer

So all the non organic food that is being sprayed is not as good as organic food at fighting cancer

Also its pretty much accepted now in europe at least that it is the pesticides that have been killing off the bees; its the neonicotinoids

I agree wholeheartedly on the GMO bit and the killing off of the bees (learning about these pesticides anger me so much... where would we be without bees?! We don't even have American bees anymore!). The GMOs we have now in the past 10 years are even more harmful to us than what we did prior. We have all these allergies coming up..... gluten intolerances, celiac disease, autism, severe anemia, fibromyalgia, new cancers, etc and we wonder why there is an influx of this going around. Like, hello people.... what we put in our bodies dictates our health! From all these dangerous preservatives to pesticides, to silicones, to modified enzymes.... this is no longer the 1950s where you knew where your food came from and what was in it. Now we have to be chemists, engineers, and doctors in our own personal lives and get informed because even the professionals we think are helping us are just as ignorant as we are. It's so sick and crazy.... we have a right to know what is being put in our foods. There SHOULD be labels that say "non-GMO", "made in a gluten-free facility", "made in a factory that makes gluten items", "fish was caught near the Bering strait", etc and it SHOULD be forced by the FDA so it makes it easier for consumers to live healthy lives and not worry if they'll have an allergic attack if it's consumed.

I've had so many instances where I've been to restaurants that specialize in "gluten-free" items and I come home with a freaking migraine and suffer from a gluten attack. Places and companies like these should be fined....AND they need to be educated on these common allergies and how to avoid cross-contamination.

Let me stop ranting.... but man.... this makes me so pissed. I don't even eat out anymore cause I'm afraid of getting a gluten attack.

These corporations should be held accountable.

I agree wholeheartedly on the GMO bit and the killing off of the bees (learning about these pesticides anger me so much... where would we be without bees?! We don't even have American bees anymore!). The GMOs we have now in the past 10 years are even more harmful to us than what we did prior. We have all these allergies coming up..... gluten intolerances, celiac disease, autism, severe anemia, fibromyalgia, new cancers, etc and we wonder why there is an influx of this going around. Like, hello people.... what we put in our bodies dictates our health! From all these dangerous preservatives to pesticides, to silicones, to modified enzymes.... this is no longer the 1950s where you knew where your food came from and what was in it. Now we have to be chemists, engineers, and doctors in our own personal lives and get informed because even the professionals we think are helping us are just as ignorant as we are. It's so sick and crazy.... we have a right to know what is being put in our foods. There SHOULD be labels that say "non-GMO", "made in a gluten-free facility", "made in a factory that makes gluten items", "fish was caught near the Bering strait", etc and it SHOULD be forced by the FDA so it makes it easier for consumers to live healthy lives and not worry if they'll have an allergic attack if it's consumed.

I've had so many instances where I've been to restaurants that specialize in "gluten-free" items and I come home with a freaking migraine and suffer from a gluten attack. Places and companies like these should be fined....AND they need to be educated on these common allergies and how to avoid cross-contamination.

Let me stop ranting.... but man.... this makes me so pissed. I don't even eat out anymore cause I'm afraid of getting a gluten attack.

These corporations should be held accountable.

hey if you can't rant here where can you rant? :)

I feel the same way you do....i really do...i'm annoyed that we have to be so vigilent, seeing as we are supposed to be living in an advanced 'modern' society

Its immensly frustrating to see the things happening out there that just do not need to happen.....things don't need to be this way

On the plus side there is a growing awareness about all these issues but what i've found with all these things is that when you trace them back to their source you find it all converges with the same network of people who operate through certain corporations eg monsanto, bayer, goldman sachs etc

You're right we have to invest a lot of energy into protecting ourselves these days

I'd love to get involved in permaculture but then that means getting money together for land then the effort of setting up and maintaining it whilst making a living...its an aspiration but its going to take time! I went out and visited my local organic producers and it was interesting to see their set up; its all very clever how they rotate things so that it is all self sustaining

In the meantime i'm thinking about growing some of my own food in the space i have. Some folk in urban areas are even growing food from window boxes and hydroponics and things like that; bee keeping from roof tops seems to be a growing area (@Colt would be the guy to speak to about that)

10 years ago i would have had no interest in growing things.....now i think about it quite a lot! Funny how we change

I guess everytime we spend a dollar/pound on something that we know has been ethically produced we are casting a vote for that to be successful. Obviously it will take lots of people to do that to make a big change but i think that is actually happening

For example the sales of organic food in the US is growing rapidly; here's a news story taken at random from the internet: http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/2404-organic-industry-healthy-growth.html

Organic fresh ingrediants obviously mean a bit of time in the kitchen spent preparing food but thats another change...10 years ago i did not have the patience to spend time in the kitchen on food preparation but now i'm enjoying getting a handle on it; i turn the music on and get into it....its quite a good way to relax and be in the moment and focussed on only one thing

getting decent (or in my case simple!) cook books made a big difference to me; bad books are really offputting

I guess its a case of where we put our focus. The 1980's saw the beginning of the whole 'lunch is for wimps' ethos and i think that is still going on in many spheres of work where people are working long hours which then takes the focus off food and makes people grab food on the go; also finding the energy to give to food at the end of a long day is tough

I've been re-shaping my life though to try to move food more central to my life. Not just because of the health side of it and the enjoyment of making and then eating it but also because its a communal thing that you can share

So yeah...i hope the next decade will see people prioritising food more and maybe even downsizing in life if necessary in order to put more money and time into food; that's certainly the direction i'm heading in

I have intolerance to dairy and my husband is gluten intolerant. On a practical level, it's a nuisance when eating out as we have to stick to specific and safe restaurants. It's also a headache having to cart our "special" food around when travelling abroad, staying over or bring our own dishes to social events and "special" food items are so expensive!

I think it’s a culmination of everything that everyone has spoken about ie local processing practices, genetics, pesticides (poor bees!), new farming techniques BUT I can’t help myself and go off on a tangent as all these issues (for me) leads to a wider discussion/picture with what’s going on in our world.

Has anyone heard of Barry Smith? He was (died 2002) a Christian who spoke prophetically about lots of world issues ie NWO, cashless society, IMF, G20, World economic crisis, food shortages- prices rising, ruining farming etc. Whatever your religious, political views are - what he had to say was worth evaluating.

Barry Smith “Eye in The Triangle”1993. Video is ancient but the content still stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaLJ8D45_TY

He had this saying about the rules of the NWO which has always stuck with me: “By controlling ENERGY we can control nations and by controlling FOOD we can control individuals.”

From 17:10 minutes onwards he talks about the pressures farmers face, cutting back on food supplies, under the NWO every country in the world will be responsible for one food product and how we will trade globally with each other.
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] re: growing your own food. You may be interested to watch the video from 33.12 minutes – talks about farmers and PBR (Plant Breeders Rights) ie turning the seeds into hybrids (emasculate the seeds by taking out the reproductive organs of the seeds and then put a patent on the seed)……and fast forward - eventually leading to mass production of GM foods.

Re: GMO’s due to public demand for clean food article. Barry Smith also had another saying, “Leak it, deny it, do it!” Articles like this give the public the impression that they are being listened to but there is a louder voice that dictates what will actually happen.

Well I’m making home-made gluten free quiche with bacon, spinach & feta cheese for dinner tonight (for hubby - not sure what I'm having!).

@Isabelle

Yeah its all coming to pass. The el-ites laid out a lot of their plans in various documents for example: ''the limits to growth'', ''agenda 21'' and ''silent weapons for a quiet war''

The quote you mention is a Kissinger quote: [FONT=Times New Roman, Times]"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world."[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times] [/FONT]One way in which the NWO is controlling food is through their Codex Alimentarius:

[video=youtube;WAk2blRHdNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAk2blRHdNE[/video]

I guess our ancestors as they foraged about in the wild needed to know what plants were good for them to eat or use and which were poisonous and were to be left alone. I guess as modern consumers foraging around shops we also need to know which foods are good to eat and which are to be avoided

There's no change its just we have higher expectations these days, quite rightly, of having a right to not be deliberately poisoned by manufacturers

Reactions: say what