Flight MH370 Disappearance Theories | INFJ Forum

Flight MH370 Disappearance Theories

matty9999

Regular Poster
Dec 26, 2018
MBTI
intj
Hey guys ive seen some totally interesting videos on the theories of the disappearance of flight MH 370 and was just curious what you guys think happened to the plane and where it may be located in the Indian Ocean.

Basically what happened to this airplane is that it was a modern Boeing 777 that disappeared back in 2014. It was supposed to have flow from Malaysia to Beijing but made a u-turn and ended up flying south over the Indian Ocean before crashing into the water 6 hours later. No contact was heard after the turn back south. Her are the theories ive heard:

#1. There was a depressurization of the cabin which caused everyone on board to pass out and the plain simply kept flying south until it ran out of fuel. This could happen as the result of electrical or mechanical problems with the airplane and the fact that the pilots might have missed warning lights. If the cabin was depressurized it would cause everyone to pass out within a few minutes time if they were not wearing oxygen masks. There was no distress signal sent from the plane.

#2. The FBI in the USA tends to lean towards the idea that the plane was flown into the ocean by the pilot in an intentional act of murder/suicide. There are a few data points that support this.. the plane was turned around at exactly the switch over between malaysian airspace and vietnamese air space. The transponder was turned off however it could also have been turned off by an electrical short circuit. Some people also believe that the plane was flown along specific airspace routes or imaginary lines in the sky where pilots fly. This was true until it veered off into the south Indian ocean. The pilot also had flown a similar route on a home simulator that showed him veering off into the indian ocean and this route was deleted, although this could have been a coincidence.

#3. Theory 3 is that it was hijacked and the pilots never got the chance to send a distress signal. There were 2 Iranian nationals on board with stolen passports however the FBI believes that they were attempting to immigrate away from iran and had nothing to do with terrorism. They were extensively investigated. Against this theory is the fact that no terrorist organization has shown responsibility.

#4 a fire on board from some stored lithium batteries may have caused the plane to become inoperable and the pilots to be incapacitated. To support this the plane was carrying a large stock of new lithium batteries in the cargo hold.

Follow up: the plane was tracked through pings from the engines and not through transponders so they know a general area where it was located once an hour. There was debris that washed up across the Indian ocean in Madagascar 1 year later including several parts of the wing. It was not determined whether the plane was glided into the water or whether it simply dove in after running out a fuel. Ships have been searching for MH370 for years with no luck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

Interesting post! I remember when this happened but forgot about it until now. Without researching it myself and using your proposed theories, number 2 sounds the most accurate to me. The practice route at home that did the same u-turn, crash, and that it was deleted strike me as a huge red flag.

Interesting post! I remember when this happened but forgot about it until now. Without researching it myself and using your proposed theories, number 2 sounds the most accurate to me. The practice route at home that did the same u-turn, crash, and that it was deleted strike me as a huge red flag.

Thanks agree. Thats the FBIs viewpoint. One red flag i see about the pilot is that he was at the minimum unprofessional. There was a story somewhere about how he was attempting to meet some of the young ladies on board his flights or was a womanizer. The copilot was his first time on a 777.

Reactions: Sandie33
I've believed the plane is in a hanger somewhere. Hidden. Not knowing where the other passengers are, but suspecting there was an important person on the plane, a dignitary or secret service that was wisked away ... planes do not just disappear. If we can see to the ocean floor with satelite, why can't they find a sunken plane in that area using the same technology? It's because it did not crash, but was landed else where. ;)

Yeah I remember questioning if it had crashed. Something seemed off. It triggered my "spider sense". This also reminded of a similiar feeling I had when I heard about building 7 collapse during 9/11. I want to preface this with the statement that I haven't researched this in depth, but I first heard about this in documentary. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Wor...Area_With_Building_Numbers_50dpi_contrast.jpg

Reactions: Sandie33
#2. The FBI in the USA tends to lean towards the idea that the plane was flown into the ocean by the pilot in an intentional act of murder/suicide. There are a few data points that support this.. the plane was turned around at exactly the switch over between malaysian airspace and vietnamese air space. The transponder was turned off however it could also have been turned off by an electrical short circuit. Some people also believe that the plane was flown along specific airspace routes or imaginary lines in the sky where pilots fly. This was true until it veered off into the south Indian ocean. The pilot also had flown a similar route on a home simulator that showed him veering off into the indian ocean and this route was deleted, although this could have been a coincidence.
There was the German guy who crashed his airliner around the same time, too, right? In light of that this could be a potential copycat.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm mistaken. That happened after.

Probably #2

Heres one interesting thing i noticed in the news media....one tv show covering it said the flapperon was up meaning the plane went into a dive after running out of fuel, while another show said the flapperon must have been down meaning the plane was landed in a controlled ditch... they were attemptingto make an assumption based on the fact the flapperon was found over on reunion island.

A long read, but it seems to cover the general actuality of the situation: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/07/mh370-malaysia-airlines/590653/

No, it was not shot down after long consideration by nefarious national powers who lingered on its tail before pulling the trigger. And no, it is not somewhere in the South China Sea, nor is it sitting intact in some camouflaged hangar in Central Asia. The one thing all of these explanations have in common is that they contradict the authentic information investigators do possess.

That aside, finding the wreckage and the two black boxes may accomplish little. The cockpit voice recorder is a self-erasing two-hour loop, and is likely to contain only the sounds of the final alarms going off, unless whoever was at the controls was still alive and in a mood to provide explanations for posterity. The other black box, the flight-data recorder, will provide information about the functioning of the airplane throughout the entire flight, but it will not reveal any relevant system failure, because no such failure can explain what occurred. At best it will answer some relatively unimportant questions, such as when exactly the airplane was depressurized and how long it remained so, or how exactly the satellite box was powered down and then powered back up. The denizens of the internet would be obsessed, but that is hardly an event to look forward to.

The important answers probably don’t lie in the ocean but on land, in Malaysia. That should be the focus moving forward. Unless they are as incompetent as the air force and air traffic control, the Malaysian police know more than they have dared to say. The riddle may not be deep. That is the frustration here. The answers may well lie close at hand, but they are more difficult to retrieve than any black box. If Blaine Gibson wants a real adventure, he might spend a year poking around Kuala Lumpur.

Reactions: Sandie33 and flower
I haven't read any of this, so excuse what might be out of context or redundant.

I think the ocean is big and orders of magnitude harder and slower to get anywhere. Also, if it sank, good luck trying to find it. This isn't your backyard swimming pool.

Reactions: dragulagu
I haven't read any of this, so excuse what might be out of context or redundant.

I think the ocean is big and orders of magnitude harder and slower to get anywhere. Also, if it sank, good luck trying to find it. This isn't your backyard swimming pool.

Lol missed it that Wyote posted the article link as well. Anyway, the gist of the article is that the truth could possibly be found inland rather than in the ocean as the flight recorders / black boxes wouldn't
reveal what actually caused it but rather what happened after. It'll probably remain a mystery.

Hi, @matty9999. Other than how fascinating the mystery surrounding this event is, is there a reason you're interested in a plane crash that happened in 2014?

Reactions: Wyote
Hi, @matty9999. Other than how fascinating the mystery surrounding this event is, is there a reason you're interested in a plane crash that happened in 2014?

Basically no just because of the mystery. i also like crime type mysteries. However i was personally involved in 3 separate air travel related incidents between 1990 and 2006. One was a minor crash, the other an in flight cabin depressurization and the third an aborted weather related ladning.

Reactions: Wyote and Asa
Basically no just because of the mystery. i also like crime type mysteries. However i was personally involved in 3 separate air travel related incidents between 1990 and 2006. One was a minor crash, the other an in flight cabin depressurization and the third an aborted weather related ladning.

Oh! That's cool. I was wondering if you were writing a novel or screenplay or had a similar creative project.
YIKES! Your past experiences involving planes are really scary. I'm glad you got out of those unscathed.

Reactions: Wyote