FJ vs. TJ evolution | INFJ Forum

FJ vs. TJ evolution

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Quite a view TJs and FJs on the forum. What are the differences between FJ and TJ evolution and development? How do they process change and development of their functions over a period of time, say from childhood to adulthood?

Last edited:
The very common stereotype is that TJs become softer and emotional, and the opposite to FJs; they became stronger and more logical.

I think it is sort of..different.

I think it is about importance. Growing up will present to us challenges, goals, values; something to protect or chase, to nurture or to cherish.

That is how they grow. Because we cannot be completely emotional or logical to find a happy life; so that means keeping in touch with parts that we did not do before.

Me me me!
Pretty much XNXJ type here.

I have always been extremely soft and nice. But I've always been afraid of my own emotions too.
Every dilemma or problem was logical to me and could be solved logically. The few times my emotions were too strong I failed miserably.

When I went to university I got a lot of self-evaluation stuff at my bachelor. I learned I was good at being critical. In my free time I thought a lot more about myself and my strengths. My strengths were being critical and intelligent. I realised it has always been a strength of me, but now I learned to do it properly, in a way that people will accept your critique and feedback. I learned to compliment and twist words better than I could before. I learned to consider the emotions of others more and to be more confident about myself. Sometimes it isn't bad to confront or provoke someone. Don't always be the nice guy.

When I moved out from my parents, things changed even quicker. I spend a lot more time socially and learned even more about how to interact with others. I especially learned a lot more about myself. Specifically my emotions. They were something I didn't know much about and I felt like it was something my body put onto me. I struggled with the emotions but attempted to learn about and accept them. That works for the most part, although I'm still learning more now.

Both my TJ and FJ qualities were presence when I was younger. I put incredible importance in every single decision of being nice to others. I made sure I wasn't disliked. FJ was really really important to me, but I wasn't that good at it. I didn't see or 'know' what others felt or thought. TJ had always been there. I loved playing with legos or Real-Time Strategy games like Age of Empires and Red Alert. When I was 14 I started Lord of the Rings Online where I started strategising even more. This was a multiplayer game where I had to fight other players. I picked up their ways and learned now to be in full sight of a larger group yet unnoticed. I learned where they put their attention and what their next move would be. If I was running around in a large combat zone with a friend, he would follow me to these places. Except often he'd die whereas I had started running away 2 seconds earlier because I "knew" that we were spotted. In games my awareness has always been incredibly good. The last few years I've done World of Tanks which is like any shooter except with tanks, which means that it's less about reaction time, slower and more strategic. I would play this with a friend. If we got ourselves in a hard situation. He'd always die first. I always managed to somehow dodge shells, hit all of mine and run away. One game I did alone and I found myself after a fierce minute of combat (where I was "in the flow" all the time) surrounded by 7 burning tanks of the enemy. At that point, me and especially my friend wondered how the f*** I managed to do that. I see this skill as some NJ (Ni/Se) awareness. I see everything and 'know' what it means. By playing the game a lot I picked up the normal behaviour and can anticipate on it (FJ) and knowing the mechanics of the game well (good memory) I know exactly how to position my tank to one guy so his shell will bounce of my side with strong armour. THEN quickly, while he's reloading change my position so I bounce the shell from another foe behind me. Then hide behind one of the tanks, so the other can't hit me.
When doing this I feel really good. It allows me to use all my capacities. Most games allow me to get distracted.

My TJ hasn't been improved clearly. My FJ is a lot better now, allowing me to use my TJ with other people. I prefer to strategise about people (using both TJ and FJ) and not about logical stuff (just TJ).

Reactions: Gaze