First dates | INFJ Forum

First dates

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
What kinds of first dates do you prefer?
That is, what kinds of activities and conversations do you enjoy for first dates?

I have to admit I dont do first dates well.......... working on it and getting better but unfortunately the harder I try not be stand offish or reserved when we initially meet the more awkward I get.

Saying that If I make sure the date includes long walk in a quiet area (like along a river/ boardwalk)I find I relax with it ending with at least a glimpse of who I really am.

So to answer your question, for me would be a long walk in an area that I feel safe and at peace with so I can open up and relax, possibly a stop half way for coffee, lunch or dinner before finishing up with the walk back.......

I consider the activities completely unimportant. As for conversation I talk about politics and religion right away. I try to dig down to what a person's core beliefs are, and I like to see how they will react to disagreeing with me.

Or rather I used to. I haven't dated in a long time now.

the last first date I had was in a pub, watching football *yaaawn*.... and that was a looooong time ago. :) If I think about it, and keep in mind the time of the year - I think a nice long stroll round the city centre would be nice, possibly visiting some xmas markets for some gluhwine (no, I cant remember how you spell it lol) or hot chocolate :) Or ice-skating - yay! :D As for conversation - I rarely initiate it, so whatever a guy wants to talk about is good enough for me :p

I prefer to get to know a person before I ask them out. That way, you know whether you're compatible and avoid the horrible awkwardness that is the first date.

I'm fairly boring when it comes to first dates. Not that I'm boring, but I don't do anything particularly exciting. Its been a long time since I got to know anyone before I went on a date. The last few years I've met a guy and agreed to a date to see where it goes. I always go for an afternoon coffee date for the first one. It seems like the safest option. You can go, have a coffee and a chat, and if its not going well after an hour or so say you need to be somewhereand make your escape. If it goes well, I've often gone for a stroll around the city while we talked, gone for more coffee maybe dinner or a movie...once I went back to guys house and got stoned haha. (Ooooh not helping my reputation of lazy stoned slut on here...whoops!)

I find evening dates are stressful, there's more pressure to stay longer even if its a bad date, and alcohol is usually involved at some point, which can lead to uncomftorable situations. I just don't like it for a first date.

I'm pretty good with the chats...I like to get to know a person....their interests, their humour, their beliefs...you can tell pretty quick whether you gel with someone or not.

My favorite thing is coffee. Seriously, only been on like 3 first dates. One was at BW3 which was okay. He was a sportswriter so that's what he picked.

I'm fairly boring when it comes to first dates. Not that I'm boring, but I don't do anything particularly exciting. Its been a long time since I got to know anyone before I went on a date. The last few years I've met a guy and agreed to a date to see where it goes. I always go for an afternoon coffee date for the first one. It seems like the safest option. You can go, have a coffee and a chat, and if its not going well after an hour or so say you need to be somewhereand make your escape. If it goes well, I've often gone for a stroll around the city while we talked, gone for more coffee maybe dinner or a movie...once I went back to guys house and got stoned haha. (Ooooh not helping my reputation of lazy stoned slut on here...whoops!)

I find evening dates are stressful, there's more pressure to stay longer even if its a bad date, and alcohol is usually involved at some point, which can lead to uncomftorable situations. I just don't like it for a first date.

I'm pretty good with the chats...I like to get to know a person....their interests, their humour, their beliefs...you can tell pretty quick whether you gel with someone or not.

I do the same thing on dates, but I dont smoke pot.

It was so long ago :lol: The first few minutes are always awkward. Generally I talked just the same way as with everyone else. Getting to know a person beforehand, as it has been already mentioned, really helps. At least a little bit. It is easier to "stalk" someone nowadays: just go on their Facebook profile and you'll most likely see everything you need. If not then even better: mysterious personas are in demand :lol: