Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
How come some people change their minds about their connections with others suddenly, while others are more hesitant?

I get the impression that it isn't a common thing... or perhaps it's not a systemic thing... anyhow, how common, or uncommon it is isn't that important.

I find it easy to decide someone is agreeable, and easy to disconnect from others, but I don't change my mind quickly. Doorslaming people is a rare thing for me to do, as is inviting someone new to my place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellosome
Maybe it has to do with what is invested in the other person. Some people do not want to or are unable to develop intimacy or depth to their relationships, and it is easier to move on since there is no investment. Maybe a connection is difficult to develop and people give up, thinking it is not worth the effort.

Also I think if someone feels there is nothing to be gained from a relationship, whatever the gain may be, it is easier to move on.

While it may appear fickle from the outside how do you really know it was a spur of the moment decision?

Reactions: cvp12gh5
While it may appear fickle from the outside how do you really know it was a spur of the moment decision?

2 Corinthians 1:17
Was I fickle when I intended to do this? Or do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say both “Yes, yes” and “No, no”?