Fear | INFJ Forum

Fear

I fear entrapment/imprisonment and the abyss of space and the ocean. Also being attacked by multiple people at once who have full intentions to truly harm me. Besides this there's not much that scares me. I also have a subconscious fear of shots but in my conscious mind I'm completely fine. I just notice the signs of anxiety arising when I get a shot. I think these are pretty rational fears. I've learned that hope helps quell the feelings of fear when being imprisoned. It's very hard to overcome for me though.

ocean kayaking, glass bottomed boats, losing physical mobility, losing mental capacities, being completely dependant on another, having someone completely dependant on me, incarceration

i used to have an irrational fear of maggots. I would flip out when i saw them and instantly think- death, disease, etc. And i disliked millipedes. And that creepy little girl in the Ring movie. Im fine now

+ Getting seperated from my family or having them all die.
+ Never falling in love, never being loved (in the romance sense).
+ Rapists, child predators, kidnappers.
+ Terrorist acts and the people behind them.
+ Natural disasters.
+ Breaking my front teeth.
+ Gaining so much weight that I lose mobility.
+ Getting stuck doing something I hate for the rest of my life.
+ Satanic things and people who perform those kinds of acts.
+ Computer viruses.
Some of these are in worse shape than others, but I work on them everyday.
Funniest is probably computer viruses, and I don't know when this fear started. It's a little ridiculous though.
My friend asked me to prom by sending me through a maze of yarn and he put a note at the start
that said, "Don't worry. There aren't any computer viruses at the end," and I seriously had to have my mom
come with me cause I just lost it. Ha mock me.

waking up in a concrete coffin buried 10 metres underground, it has an air hole and constant intravenous nutrition meaning I cannot starve or dehydrate. My hands and feet are strapped down, the coffin ceiling is as far down as my nose and the air hole is by my feet and is 1cm in diameter. No one can hear my screams, my cries of anguish and utter hopelessness. I would face anything other than this fate. When I think about it, it produces a physiological reaction.

Environmental: Tight spaces, heights, the dark....Pretty cliche
Emotional/Mental: Losing my rationality (downright big fear; I'd hate to get, say, Alzheimer's), being incompetent to someone I care about, allowing an emotional outburst (most unpreferred but really displaying any strong emotion in front of people (objectively, though, I don't have much to worry about here)), saying my thoughts/feelings too soon (when later it is discovered to be a very bad idea)...Little more true to type. Though this category expounded less on true, biologically-felt "fear".

I'm rather terrified of tornadoes, fire, drowning, and being buried(or being trapped in a cavern and dying of hunger; or drowning in a cavern?). Right... elemental fears out of the way.
I'm scared of ending up alone. Human interaction can be overrated in some regards but sharing a bond with another human being is far more satisfactory and meaningful than having simple friends you'd be fine with stabbing in the back because they'd do the same. Socializing is an odd paradox to me because on the one hand... I like it. On the other hand, I despise it. So... yeah... not having that sort of dynamic with someone terrifies me more than anything, it does kind of go hand in hand with being disliked by everyone but that's not exactly possible and is entirely untrue (so anyone who says it.... please do your bloody homework if you're trying to hurt my feelings :)

my fear of ghosts and sleeping in the dark alone is tolerable compared to my fear of having nothing to hold onto

I have a fear of water under certain circumstances.
I am fine in a boat on a river, or a lake.
I am perfectly fine when I have been on large cruise ships on the ocean.
I am fine in a pool for the most part as long as I can touch bottom.
But, If I am in water and can't touch the bottom, forget it.

I've tried to go snorkeling on 3 different occasion while vacationing and each time have had to abort and get back on the boat.
The last time I tried it was about a year ago, and I went at it with the attitude of, “I am going to conquer this!”
Wasn't the least bit nervous heading out. But once I got off the boat and in the water were I couldn't touch the bottom, Freak out!
It seems an almost involuntary reaction.

I'm assuming you're asking me this in return :)

Atm, I'm just fearing incomprehensible failure. Failure that does not make sense to me.

I also fear not being strong enough to stand alone on my own two feet, metaphorically, if all my supports disappear suddenly.

I fear endless fear itself. Once conquering something, something else will take its place.

I'm not sure what you Should fear though, can't really answer that.

I'm bumping this thread to see if any current members are willing to share their fears.

Reactions: Sandie33
I get super scared every time the plane is taking off. Even if I have done it a thousand times. I have learnt that jrock helps me in those situations.
I used to fear spiders and aliens. I had seasons of non sleeping because of them. Went to psychologist. I draw her them.

I dream about becoming a hobo but I guess a part of me is worried about it.

If people weren't such dicks online these days this might be easier to delve into more deeply. But generally I'm a bit afraid of bees and wasps and such. I also have a sort of instinctual fear of heights where I tend to get a bit disoriented. It's not a fear exactly but a physical reaction I just can't help. I don't mind plane rides as I feel enclosed so I don't get that reaction unless maybe I stare out the window for an extended period.

I fear ending life alone...being the last one of my tribe (family) left in a world of strangers to ask assistance from.

I cause myself considerable angst from thoughts of after spending a lifetime helping others, who'll be there to help me when I'm old? They'll just put this nag to pasture, I'm sure.

I fear ending life alone...being the last one of my tribe (family) left in a world of strangers to ask assistance from.

I cause myself considerable angst from thoughts of after spending a lifetime helping others, who'll be there to help me when I'm old? They'll just put this nag to pasture, I'm sure.
@Sandie33 we can live in the same old folks home!
:spinglomp:

These days my worries are too private to share, but I can say there aren’t many, however I torture myself worrying about them.

Last edited:
@Sandie33 we can live in the same old folks home!
:spinglomp:

The days my worries are too private to share, but I can say there aren’t many, however I torture myself worrying about them.
Awww, thanks HP :kisslove: Same home, seperate rooms for shagging purposes :p

Analyze them, no torture.
Worries are difficult to set aside sometimes.
giphy.gif
;)