Favorite genre of music?

cptawesome

Community Member
Dec 30, 2016
MBTI
INFJ-A/INTJ
Enneagram
4-1-5
I'm a moody person.. At moments I find myself into this deep soul, Pop Rock, Jazzy music and the next I'm infatuated by country. What's your favorite type of music? Is it something to do with your personality or childhood?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine would be metal by far, though what I like isn't exactly very radio-friendly. To put it briefly, I just find it the most mentally engaging out of anything, as well as enjoying the vast amount of variety there is within that umbrella.

I'm a moody person.. At moments I find myself into this deep soul, Pop Rock, Jazzy music and the next I'm infatuated by country. What's your favorite type of music? Is it something to do with your personality or childhood?

I started playing music in a school orchestra and I absolutely loved it. We mostly played classical but I decided to join the school jazz band and this lead to two Rock albums. So I can tell you I love all types of music except for scremo if it is only yelling without any singing parts.Some scremo is well done.

That's why I have Spotify premium. I love variety and there is a station for every mood I might experience.

I started playing music in a school orchestra and I absolutely loved it. We mostly played classical but I decided to join the school jazz band and this lead to two Rock albums. So I can tell you I love all types of music except for scremo if it is only yelling without any singing parts.Some scremo is well done.

That's why I have Spotify premium. I love variety and there is a station for every mood I might experience.

Likewise.

Reactions: Zen
metal rock \m/

lol kidding. i love music, that being said, i don't think i have a specific genre. i can jump from Mozart and Vivaldi to Kamelot. I can also go from Pink, Beyonce, Taylor Swift to Eminem, Miley Cyrus and Rihanna and then catch me singing Pontoon or Disney in one day :tonguewink:

but honestly, im into lyrics more.. the music just follows.. :blush: i dont know why but i've always been like that.

I like pop music. I like the little stories contained in the crisply sealed emotional worlds of the songs, the lush pristine soundscapes, the infectious melodies, the vocal performances, the instrumental and production details, and the rigid structure of pop song as a form. I like what Brian Wilson said, that a pop song is only meant to be 3 minutes of sunshine on your car radio. I can listen to a really good pop song hundreds of times without getting sick of it. I get lost in it. I think about its cultural meanings. I use it to reflect on unhappy parts of my life and to feel stronger.

Swamp Rock, Rock-A-Billy, Country, Blues, Classic Rock, Retired Hair-Bands, Island Rock... Can listen to most, stress most anything. :D

No favorite group or artist but tend to gravitate to Lynyrd Skynard, Motley Crue, Blake Shelton, Ozzie. Back in the day it was Black Sabbath, Metallica, and WASP, lol.

Mostly pop music (Korean pop, Japanese pop or Chinese pop but I don't care about the language much. If the song is good, it's good!), especially the more dance-like music. Also trance, house, techno, almost any EDM in general, chill out relaxing music, classical, indie (pop). I probably forgot some genres.

metal rock \m/

lol kidding. i love music, that being said, i don't think i have a specific genre. i can jump from Mozart and Vivaldi to Kamelot. I can also go from Pink, Beyonce, Taylor Swift to Eminem, Miley Cyrus and Rihanna and then catch me singing Pontoon or Disney in one day :tonguewink:

but honestly, im into lyrics more.. the music just follows.. :blush: i dont know why but i've always been like that.
Hmm that strikes a thought in me. Some people are more interested in lyrics than the music itself and vice versa. I always listen to instrumentals. Hans Zimmer is the man to beat. No matter the mood. I don't sing to the music in my head but I do contemplate and piece together my travel through space and time. lol

I like everything but I really like funk. James Brown, Parliament, Bootsy Collins, Kool & the Gang, Sly & the Family Stone, Ohio Players, Rick James, Zapp & Roger...

It's hard to find funk anymore.
Yeah just find a lot of sh*t. Extroverts practicing useless words and introverts giving solutions. Come on now where's the in between.

Reactions: ESC2367
Every genre has its good and bad music.
It's just about appreciating who the type of music appeals to, and what inspired it.

I seem to keep coming back to baroque-pop, alt-rock, and psychedelic pop/rock.

Here's some examples:
The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds",
Wilco's "Being There" and "Summerteeth",
Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin",
Joanna Newsom's "Ys",
R.E.M.'s "Lifes Rich Pageant",
Sufjan Stevens' "Michigan",
Neutral Milk Hotel's "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea",
Fiona Apple's "Extraordinary Machine",
Beck's "Mutations",
The Format's "Dog Problems",
New Order's "Low-Life"
The Cure's "Disintegration",
Randy Newman's "12 Songs",
Regina Spektor's "Soviet Kitsch",
St. Vincent's "Actor",
Starfucker's "Starfucker",
Van Dyke Parks' "Song Cycle".

If you like any of those, what's up boo?

It's just about appreciating who the type of music appeals to, and what inspired it.

Here's some examples:
Joanna Newsom's "Ys",
Beck's "Mutations",
New Order's "Low-Life"
St. Vincent's "Actor",

Here's some examples:
Joanna Newsom's "Ys",
Beck's "Mutations",
New Order's "Low-Life"
St. Vincent's "Actor",

Cure... anything... Have you tried any new stuff lately? INTENSE music... Intense everything..lol.. like:

ryx (Fave)

The SOUL of the lead in ryx... he has to be INFJ.

Ruelle

Flume

Echos

Fleurie

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek

London Grammar- wicked game

M83 - Wait

50 cent - Ayo technology ;)

Sleeping at last - Saturn... VIDEO INSANE BEAUTIFUL IMAGERY

KIARA - gold..

Lorde tennis court - insane vid images

RHODES - Losing it

IHF - arrival

I can give you tons... I breathe music ;) Spotify...so much there.. worth it.

Reactions: Free and Wyote
Mental process:
Controlling Lady Boner = Good Grrl Riot band name
Best Grrl Riot band = Sleater-Kinney
Sleater-Kinney = 'The Woods'
The best song off of 'The Woods' = Modern Girl

The best grrrl riot band name ever
DAMN...ezra... You're a genius! Two thoughts for you:

1... I think I forgot to list a band for you that is great.. "Amber Run"

2: Was spying and resuscitating old - ish threads today.. and saw your sexting views lol. Though we likely may have a different "moral" standpoint on it.. I'm Christian.. but... the ideas you expressed hold true. Thought I'd chime in that it's not as evil as some of us INFJ'S make it sound... if done in the construct of a relationship that you think is going to be big.. for me... this sort of play is DEMANDED.. ;) Very exciting..

Reactions: Free