Favorite Bands/Artists/Composers?

bickelz

BOINK
Jan 1, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Anyone have a short list of their faves?

Mine:
Muse, U2, RATM, Hendrix, Jet, Lady Gaga (yeah!), Lonely Forest (local indie band), Nirvana, 30 STM, Radiohead
I've been trying to listen to some of the romantic composers like Chopin (Nocturne 9 no2 and one of his interludes in e minor) and I like Tchaikolvsky's
1812 overture as well.

.Nightwish
.Solar Quest
.Loreena McKennit
.Steve Roach
.Windy & Carl
.Enya
.Cusco
.Future World Music
.Mike Oldfield
.Moby
.Two Steps From Hell
.Hurt
.In Flames
.Cutline(DnB)
.Pendulem(DnB)
.Oliver Shanti
.Enigma
.Philip Wesley

Indeed, I have a lot of favourites.

iamamiwhoami takes the cake bar non as my favorite band.

The full list is at my last.fm page, but other favorites include:

Faithless
The Golden Filter
Amp
Husky
Perfume Tree
Bowery Electric

just to name a few.

This is hard. Probably:

Radiohead, Lamb of God, Nine Inch Nails, The Shins, Metallica, Them Crooked Vultures, The Beatles, Taylor Swift. There are plenty of other bands / artists I like a lot too, but these are the ones I keep coming back to.

Oh I could probably add Tool to that list.

Last edited:
Air
Aphex Twin
Autechre
The Beatles
Clip
Datacide
Death Cab for Cutie
Duran Duran
Erik Satie
* Harvey Danger
Harry Nilsson
* Nine Inch Nails
The Postal Service
* Radiohead
R

Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Young, The Beatles, The Smiths, Belle & Sebastian, Peter Bjorn & John, Andrew Bird, Mumford & Sons, Camera Obscura, Tegan & Sara, She & Him, Sufjan Stevens, Iron & Wine, Florence + The Machine, Alexi Murdoch, The National, Architecture in Helsinki, Dream Theater, and Rammstein

As far as composers, I really enjoy Debussy, Ravel, Gershwin, and Mozart.

This list leaves a lot out...

Reactions: Bird
Here is the short list. About 1/4 of what I listen to.

Great Big Sea, Evanescence, Disturbed, CCR, Breaking Benjamin, Tool, Gorillaz, Vitas, Les Miserables, Brooks n Dunn, Paul Brandt, Bette Midler, Aretha Franklin, Blues Brothers, The Commitments, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Kid Rock, The Eagles, Loreena Mckennit, Nickelback, The Irish Tenors [though I also like the Celtic and Canadian Tenors, as well], Manhattan Transfer, Rascal Flatts, Hans Zimmer, Muse, Say Anything, Streetlight Manifesto, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Matchbox 20, Barenaked Ladies, Bryan Adams, Taylor Swift, Metallica, Santana, Bon Jovi, Charlie Parker, Kansas, Kris Allen, Three Days Grace, Blue October, Superchick, Dream Theatre, Celtic Woman, Savage Garden, AFI, Aly & Aj, Avril Lavigne, Five for Fighting, The Fray, Hedley, 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Yasunori Mitsuda, Dub FX, Sixx:AM, BassHunter, Gregory and the Hawk, Orianthi, Jet, All American Rejects, Black Veil Brides, Skillet, Aly and AJ, K's Choice, Scissor Sisters, Nightwish, Coheed and Cambria, Cage The Elephant, Beast.

...yes.

Top 20 according to Last.fm:

1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience/Jimi Hendrix side material
  2. Aesop Rock
  3. People Under the Stairs
  4. Sun Ra
  5. Flying Lotus
  6. El-P
  7. Mr. Lif
  8. The Beatles
  9. Quasimoto
  10. J Dilla
  11. Cannibal Ox
  12. Rush
  13. Donovan
  14. Mastodon
  15. The Dead Milkmen
  16. Municipal Waste
  17. The Stooges
  18. Madlib
  19. Bad Brains
  20. Pixies

60s • alternative • alternative rock • american • avant-garde • blues • british • classic rock • crossover • def jux • doom metal • electronic • experimental • folk • free jazz • funk • garage rock • guitar • hard rock • hardcore • hardcore punk • heavy metal • hip hop • hip-hop • hiphop • indie • indie rock • instrumental hip-hop • jazz • jazz hop • metal • pop • progressive metal • progressive rock • psychedelic • psychedelic rock • punk • punk rock • rap • rock • singer-songwriter • sludge • stoner • stoner metal • stoner rock • stones throw • thrash metal • underground hip hop • underground hip-hop • underground rap

I'm open to suggestions and discussions. :D

Last edited:
Bloc Party
Interpol
Linkin Park
Placebo
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Death Cab For Cutie
Metric
The Killers
Regina Spektor
Modest Mouse