Fate and the Apocalypse | INFJ Forum

Fate and the Apocalypse

Do you believe fate exists? What about an apocalypse?

• Fate exists; an apocalypse is destined within 100 years.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fate exists; an apocalypse is not destined within 100 years or unsure.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Fate doesn't exist; an apocalypse is scientifically probable within 100 years.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Fate doesn't exist; an apocolypse isn't probable within 100 years or unsure.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Neither can be known.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

NeverAmI

Satisclassifaction
Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
So, do you believe fate exists? What about the apocalypse? The vote is anonymous. Don't feel like you have to explain your views if you don't want to. I am curious to see the poll results though.

I said fate exists and an apocalypse isn't coming in the enxt 100 years....I don't really know if that's true but I don't want it to.

I can't vote on this NAI, none of the options reflect my beliefs on the matter.

To clarify. I believe in fate, coincidence, and free will. In my line of belief visualize a sort of fate tree at the beginning of your life. In the beginning it starts off from one trunk and as your life progresses your choices lead you down new paths and to different forks. We cannot truly know what fate has in store for us, but we can still make the best of our choices in life as we walk our path.

The apocalypse may very well come to be, but who am I or anyone else for that matter to shout doom in the middle of the street to disrupt our mortal lives on this planet. If it happens it happens, either our species will survive or it won't. We are a fairly resilient lot, so it'll have to be a real humdinger to knock us all out.

None of the options can reflect the truth, which is we simply don't know.

Does fate exist? Maybe, maybe not. If the universe and everything in it are bound by strict laws of physics then in a way it does, except it's so complicated that nothing could possibly predict the outcome. Although if chaos theory proves to be true and a particle can occupy two areas of space at the same time then fate cannot possibly exist.

Is it probable that the world will end within 100 years? We don't know. Nobody has all the variables to possibly make such bold statement.

Also if you voted for fate not existing, then how could you possibly make a decision on the world ending or not? This is where I stand. I don't actually believe in fate and that would mean I'll end up voting for an oxymoron.

My goal isn't to argue universals. It is to view the opinions of others.

But yes, perhaps the poll should have an option for unknown. I will add it.

Boosh!

Voted.

And on a personal level I match your view. Not that fate doesn't exist, but that I cannot know for certain whether it does or not.

The perpetuality of the skeptic. :D

As for voting for armageddon and not fate, that is why I said in the option that it is scientifically probable, not certain.

None of the views really reflect how I feel, however I picked the one closest to what I feel.

I am of the opinion that fate is not a static things. Events that happen and occur over time, change what the ultimate result of said fate will be. Depending on the scope of things, will determine if this fated target can be changed a lot, or a little. It's very dependent on context. As such this also applies to the said "apocalypse", which I feel is not going to happen. A hundred years ago, it might have been, but not anymore.

Thanks, made a slight change to the options.

No fate, possible apocalypse (although I don't think it will happen)