Family problems are soooooo normal | INFJ Forum

Family problems are soooooo normal

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
This is my eldest brother, still hippy at 58. I show his facebook pic as proof positive that insanity runs in families.

David.jpg

I was listening to Dennis Prager over the radio this morning (you can listen to him over the internet as well). He said something that really made my day. He talked about the NORMALCY of family problems. He reminded me that families have had problems since Cain and Able (no you don't have to take that literally :D). The whole book of Genesis reads about one disfunctional family after another, and Israel was probably the worst problem child of them all. All of these very human beings had flaws galore, and yet were valued by G-d, and called by G-d to become more. I don't know about you, but it sure gave me hope. Anyhow, since it made my day, I thought I'd try to pass the blessing along.

Shalom!

Few would befriend those in their families were they not family.

Reactions: Nixie
Haha, thanks for sharing! I'm glad to know the problems I see in my family are relatively normal compared to others. I've always had this deep yearning for my family to become closer. I wish we could all learn to be less judgmental of others, and just see each other for who we really are. I'm really trying just to work on myself and gain the confidence I need. I believe as I grow older and more mature, along with the rest of my siblings (6), we will finally see passed each others flaws.

And hey, your hippy brother sounds cool. :)

It's good to be reminded of it.

Your brother seems awesome.
But I'm the odd one in my family, sooo..